It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

religion and conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
what does religion have to do with conspiracies i asked myself today i was thinking about this for a while and still have no thoughts does anyone have any good ideas?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Once there was a Topic posted about what if the major Churches knew there was no God, but did nothing about it. That would qualify.

I didn't post on that one from memory.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:44 AM
link   
no but really like where does religion fit in with the infamous nwo could it be trying to make all religions fight against each other to weaken our numbers so they can gain control over the earth i dont know

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Churches want your money (tithing & donations) & yet you *know* that the money doesn't go to God because He doesn't need it. Also, the Church wants your obedience & instills a "fear of damnation" into their followers in order to get it.

...Does the Church need any other reasons to promote their own version of an NWO?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The whole thought of paying you way in to heaven, oh please ! I believe that religion is nothing more than a way to control the masses with fear. It is also my opinion that religions are one of the biggest conspiracies there is.

Wow, where did that come from? Guess I just woke up on my anti-religion horse today..lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The underlying function of religion is to suport the elite. As such religion, its fuction and purpose presented as offering the masses an orientation to God, is to some extent false.

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well not all churches, temples, mundars, have anything to do with conspiracies.
man my god damn hands are so cold i cant type anything...Im gonna come back to this.
Deep

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Religion is a conspiracie because there is not 'one body' and one faith in the whole world right now .......as you know, there are many religions of whatever one can make to be believed......

Toward the end of times, religion will bring all the people together and there will be one faith and one God whom all will worship...

As for the conspiracie, that is where it gets complicated.....The Antichrist will conspire to be worshipped and be made like god has come on earth ......

There will be two paths that mankind will need to follow....one worldly one .....which is the short and wide path...which will not last long!
And one other path that Jesus Christ spoke of....The long and narrow one ....which for the elects sake will be shortened.....

And so, Religion is and will play a big part in the New World Order.....
And because of the so many religions , we have many wars and terrorists doing what they all believe is in the name of God......which is total rubbish.....

God did not intend man to fight against each other........man has forgotton God and because of this, there will never be true Peace .......only when we think that all is great and all looks good.......Destruction will come...
helen....
Hmmmm I hope all makes sense.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Forgoten that Gods intent for man was that he live in peace? The problem begins when man began defining the term man as meaning something more than being just human.

The issues of race, creed, color and even thoughts come to mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Well not all churches, temples, mundars, have anything to do with conspiracies.

Pretty much *any* Church/Temple/etc. that supports another, larger Church above it in the Religious Hiearchy is involved in the conspiracy, whether they even realize it or not. Don't forget that the more wealth a Religion accumulates, the more that the banks that they keep that money in is going to have influence on the Religion as well. The Banks have their hooks into *everything* nowadays...

The Religions that are *highly organized* are always going to have some kind of consiracy that supports the uppermost rungs of the ladder in the Hiearchy; They in turn have been known to "retranslate/reinterpret/re-edit" the actual scriptures to suit their needs. Those parts of the scripture that they choose *not* to have mass-published are going to be those parts that don't fit their "party line" to keep the followers in line.

Originally posted by Toltec
Forgoten that Gods intent for man was that he live in peace?

That was God's intent for man, but Organized Religion still perverts that intent to mean "what's best for the Church". Otherwise, why have "holy wars" when there's nothing holy about war?

The uppermost seats of the Hiearchy wish to increase their wealth & influence (a *human* fault) & they're more than willing to sacrifice human lives to get it. Definitely a very "unGodlike" attitude.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Whether you believe in God or not, how could anyone possibly prove that God does not exist????

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
thats the thing no one could its physically impossible u just cant do it so u either have to believe or not

top topics

join