It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight 93 Movie being released

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Flight 93 Movie Information

Flight 93

Flight 93 (2006/I)

Directed by
Paul Greengrass

Writing credits
Paul Greengrass

Genre: Drama (more)

Plot Outline: A real time account of the events on United Flight 93, one of the planes hijacked on 9/11 that crashed near Shanksville, Pennsylvania when passengers foiled the terrorist plot.

Production Notes/Status:
Comments:
Status Updated: 18 November 2005
Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

David Alan Basche .... Todd Beamer
rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Liza Colón-Zayas .... Waleska Martinez
April Telek .... Lyz Glick
Olivia Thirlby .... Nicole Miller

I think it maybe alittle early and possibly just a money grab. Hopefully I am wrong and this is a well done movie.

Doing some google searches it seems that these charachters are based on actual facts which could do some good for the movie as well I believe.

Todd Beamer Bio

Waleska Martinez Bio

Lyz Glick

Nicole Miller Bio

Nicole, Waleska & Todd are all hero's of the Flight 93 to what I have noticed online, Lyz seems to be a widow of the crash. The links above are united hero's of the three, and a Post Gazette article about Lyz Glick.

What are your thoughts on this? Too Soon? Money grab? Potential? Out of respect of the victims should this not be done, or possibly out of respect for the victims this SHOULD be done. What do you think?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I watched the movie tonight. I thought it was very good. It tells the facts of the story we have all heard on the news with the thoughts of the passenger's family members woven in. It's quite moving.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Makuahine:

I watched the movie tonight. I thought it was very good. It tells the facts of the story we have all heard on the news with the thoughts of the passenger's family members woven in. It's quite moving.

How did you watch the movie? It says it is coming out in 2006, have i missed something? I won't watch any 9/11 movie because they are all full of lies.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by NinjaCodeMonkey]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
NinjaCodeMonkey U can download most new movies before they even decide which trailer to start advertising with these days

And at the prices they are charging us with these days to watch it in the theatre, I don't blame em lol

I think it may be watchable but it certainly is a money-grab as alot of people will want to see any movie made about real-life terrorism. SO they should do well in that sense ... unless most people are in fact downloading them
lol

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Makuahine
It tells the facts of the story we have all heard on the news with the thoughts of the passenger's family members woven in. It's quite moving.

Facts??? What facts are these???

The one from Ed Felt that said there was smoke on the plane before it went down? Or the facts that the debri field was more than 8 miles long?? Or the facts that locals state that there was a plane in the air before and after Flight 93 crashed??

SO what facts we talking here???

Or are we talking about the facts that the story of Flight 93 is a complete and total sham??

[edit on 11/27/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Or are we talking about the facts that the story of Flight 93 is a complete and total sham??

So were saying the whole story with the crash of 93 into the field is a total sham? These lives have not really been lost? I'm sure not everything peices together with this crash but can we have some more information on why we should believe that the whole story is a sham. I have read slightly about a story of a flight landing somewhere in the US that was mistaken as Flight 93 but it was quickly corrected. Are all of these families impacted by this tragic day being kept in the dark about their loved ones still being alive? As much as I believe 9/11 was alot more then we have been told, I do not see a conspiracy behind this crash. I simply see this as the one flight where the people stood up.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Oh dear here we go, holyweird once again writing history for those too lazy to find the real truth for themselves.

I guess we can forget trying to convince anyone of anything but what the movie portrays now eh?

Makuahine...I'd be intereted to know how you saw this movie, I checked a bunch of torrent sites and found nothing...

[edit on 27/11/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I believe Flight 93 got shot down.

6) What was the explosion and white smoke that the first cell phone caller reported? And the explosion a 911 dispatcher heard shortly after talking to a passenger right before the line went dead? Ground witnesses report hearing several explosions.

7) If a bomb went off on board, would the first cell phone caller sealed in the lavatory be able to report it?
Answer: It's reasonable. The lav is sealed, a bomb could have been small.

8) What was the mysterious white jet trailing Flight 93 before the crash, and witnessed by so many just after the crash?

sourceFlight93.com

Some witnesses reported that the plane was flying upside down for a time before the crash; others said they heard up to three loud booms before the jetliner went down.
www.post-gazette.com...

"There was no way anything was left," Pluta added. "There was just charred pieces of metal and a big hole. The plane didn't slide into the crash. It went straight into the ground. Wings out. Nose down."

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

So were saying the whole story with the crash of 93 into the field is a total sham? These lives have not really been lost? I'm sure not everything peices together with this crash but can we have some more information on why we should believe that the whole story is a sham. I have read slightly about a story of a flight landing somewhere in the US that was mistaken as Flight 93 but it was quickly corrected. Are all of these families impacted by this tragic day being kept in the dark about their loved ones still being alive? As much as I believe 9/11 was alot more then we have been told, I do not see a conspiracy behind this crash. I simply see this as the one flight where the people stood up.

And to futher your education on this flight.

Here ya go.
www.flight93crash.com...

This flight is so full of holes that it isnt halfway funny.

I would like to go into it but I have to be heading out. I might tell you later when I get some time.. But there is a start..

Let me ask you??? Do you know who Edward Felt is, and how he us affilated with Flight 93??

[edit on 11/27/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Does the movie include the speech to troops in Iraq by Donald Rumsfeld in December 2004 who let slip that Flight 93 was shot down?

Or perhaps Dick Cheney saying that he gave the orders to shoot down Flight 93?

The BBC News reports from when Flight 93 was still in the air saying that F-16's were trailing Flight 93?

The Lockerbie crash experts who said the Flight 93 wide debris field was consistent with a plane exploding in the air?

Did they get access to the flight data recorder?

Or interview Major Rick Gibney who has been named by some as the pilot that shot down Fight 93 and has since been awarded a medal for what he did on 9/11?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just beginning to explore the website, I will admit that Flight 93 is a part of 9/11 that I really have not explored the conspiracy theories on. I never for a second was taking the approach of knocking the possibility of one, but trying to educate myself on the possibility of one. I have done alittle research here about Edward Felt that you have just mentioned and he was a victim of the crash. Can I ask why you make the reference to him? I will head back to the site to continue to inform myself further on this.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The Discovery Channel did a documovie about Flight 93. Perhaps that is what Makuahine is talking about?

I love how this turned from a "do you think it's too early for the movie" thread to a "Flight 93 is a conspiracy" thread.

I won't watch the movie so that the chain of events that I remember from 9/11 do not become contaminated. I would otherwise, with a grain of salt, just as I would other such movies.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I have done alittle research here about Edward Felt that you have just mentioned and he was a victim of the crash. Can I ask why you make the reference to him?

His Cel call was the only real phone call from that plane. Reason I state this is cause the guy who intercepted the call was a 911 cordinator for Westmorland County.. A little bit before he was to go on live tv and talk about this call, the FBI came and took the Tape Felt was on and gagged the cordinator.

Therefor just like the video recording of the Pentagon this leave one to wonder about many things.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rouschkateer
I love how this turned from a "do you think it's too early for the movie" thread to a "Flight 93 is a conspiracy" thread.

Maybe if we knew the full thruth we wouldnt needs sites like ats to bitch about what we think is the truth..

Talk to your governement about that one.. we can help they are so FoS all the time.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
See, if i was a rich tycoon with money to burn then i'd get cracking on a Flight 93 movie which explains in full detail the shootdown and have it released at the same time.

Two movies of the same real life event with opposing views, released at the same time would be cinema history.

One would be a dramatic hollywood fable of heroism and a lot of slow orchastrated music and one liners, the other would be a political thriller which is grounded in logic and realism and shocks the viewer to the realities of the event.

You'd kill the official story in the box office if it was done well.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
They showed a Flight 93 docu-drama here in Australia a few weeks ago. It portrayed all the passengers in a heroic light, wherther this is true or not we'll never know.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Maybe if we knew the full thruth we wouldnt needs sites like ats to bitch about what we think is the truth..

I wasn't saying this isn't the place to "argue" about the validity of Flight 93, I was stating that this thread wasn't the place to "argue" about the vailidity of Flight 93.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If you look at IMDB there are 3 movies based on Flight 93, the one chissler is on about appears to be a cinema movie and is still being filmed:

www.imdb.com...

EDIT:

And here is the official website for the new movie, filming started on the 14th November 2005.

www.theflight93project.com...

[edit on 28-11-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rouschkateer

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

I wasn't saying this isn't the place to "argue" about the validity of Flight 93, I was stating that this thread wasn't the place to "argue" about the vailidity of Flight 93.

How do you figure?? We are talking about Flight 93 right??? Or are we going on what was told.. because I am lost then.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The intent of this post was to talk of the upcoming movie on Flight 93, however it is inevitable to bring up the conspiracy surrounding it when talking of it in any manner. Is their any evidence to support this claim of the FBI becoming involved as said above according to the cell phone call of Mr. Felt?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join