It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Shift beginning in Israel???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
As some of you may know I have been a follower of H5N1 since last March when reports were first coming on scene although not in our local media at that time. Throughout I have also been following threads here on ATS and the concerns that people are having and of course others thinking this is all a scam orchestrated by our gov's.

Even though it appears the H5N1 is on the move we have all been waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop in which the H5N1 makes the antigenic shift and can potential infect us all.
Up to this point I have taken it all in stride and have just kept my eyes and ears open and have taken medial steps to prepare in the event this does explode. HOWEVER...

I recently read a report by Dr. Henry Niman in which some if not most are familiar and this report does startle me.

Read below:

A resident of northern Israel may have contracted bird flu, the Health Ministry has reported.

The man has recovered from the illness he was suffering from and released to his home, but preliminary tests reveal he may still be suffering from bird flu. (ok that's good news) BUT

The Middle East is of considerable concern because of the large number of migratory birds that pass through the Middle East when migrating from Europe to Africa. (And here's why)

The Middle East is also of concern because of indiginous H9N2.

The H9N2 carries a polymorphism. H9N2 influenza viruses are panzootic in domestic poultry in Eurasia and since 1999 have caused transient infections in humans and pigs. (This is bad why?)

This polymorphism increases HA affinity for human receptors, which would be associated with more efficient transmission to humans.

And according to the report Israel is epdemic for H9N2 right now.

Could this be the playing field so to speak for recombination that we all have been waiting for?

I also find it of interest that Israel has always been the ground for the end times and is often key to components of study about the end of the world or Armeggedon and such. How ironic would it be if Israel were to be the start of this pandemic that we all are waiting for.

Of course this is just my thoughts and I welcome anyone with other ideas. I just wanted to put this out there.

Oh here is the link"
www.recombinomics.com...

NFC

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I heard that it piggybacks on normal flu so i would have thought it would be quite hard to tell the difference.

NFC

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I heard that it piggybacks on normal flu so i would have thought it would be quite hard to tell the difference.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I don't have a full understanding of this topic other than what I've read here on ATS. And I must say that the coverage and links have been a pretty good education on the subject.
A big thumbs up to all the ATS members for following this so well.

I don't know if anyone will have an answer to this, but I'll pose the question.

What happens if a farmer in China, or where-ever, has a bad case of H3N2 and it runs through his family. Their pigs are sick with H1N1 or H1N2, and wild birds infect his chickens with H5N1. Isn't this just the scenerio that would give the virus that chance to mutate into the super-bug??? Or is H9N2 the required catalist that will set off the pandemic???

What does it take to make something like H5N1 into something as virulant as H3N2, into something that could take out a billion people???

It just seems that there are so many ways this could go. It could get very bad, very fast, or nothing could happen at all..........

Just one more thing to keep me worried.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What better way to spread a virus on a mass scale in a populace that is health concious and eats turkey and chicken.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So what does this mean? jews are immune to birdflu?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

What happens if a farmer in China, or where-ever, has a bad case of H3N2 and it runs through his family. Their pigs are sick with H1N1 or H1N2, and wild birds infect his chickens with H5N1. Isn't this just the scenerio that would give the virus that chance to mutate into the super-bug??? Or is H9N2 the required catalist that will set off the pandemic???

Very good question Anxiety. The virus can potentially mutate with any known virus and hence create a new virus from the mutation. The worrisome thing about the N9N2 in particular is that it possess THE gene that is most attractive to the H5N1. The H9N2 has what is called a "donor" sequence that the H5N1 needs. This sequence is the S227N.

What does this mean? Well so far the H5N1 lacks the S227N it needs to make the jump to mammalian. From what is being reported even though all viruses can make jumps, the H9N2 has what the H5N1 lacks which is what makes these 2 viruses of particular interest and something to watch.

new topics

top topics

join