It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus-The Sham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Ok this thread is to show how much of a sham nostradamus was
It starts with this:

Beasts wild with hunger will cross the rivers, the greater part of the battlefield will be against hister. He will drag the leader in a cage of iron, when the child of Germany observes no law

this is supposed to predict hitler.My question why didnt he just say hitler,yes Nostradamus used anagrams but this isnt an anagram of hitler at all but why didnt he just say hitler?

NEXT:

The great man will be struck down in the day by a thunderbolt. An evil deed, foretold by the bearer of a petition. According to the prediction another falls at night time. Conflict at Reims, London, and pestilence in Tuscany

This the JFK assanation,This? this could be anyone this could that old guy living around the corner no-one talks to it could be the guy that works at blockbuster

NAPOLAIN:

An Emperor shall be born near Italy.Who shall cost the Empire dear,They shall say, with what people he keeps company

come on now that realy could be absolutly anyone at all hitler was born near Italy so was my uncle and he is the manger of a factory couldnt he be the person prohosied in this prediction

THE BOTTOM LINE:Nostradamus was a heritic,sham a good astromanor yes but a sham none the less his predictions are vage at best

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
For all we know he could see things, but it is more probable that he could not.

I always think it is interesting that people read into these things far too much, it doesnt help that he was so very cryptic. Many of his predictions could be interprited as any number of different ervents.

I geuss we will never know!

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nostradamus actually foretold of this thread with a quatrain (number 58 I think).

Anyway here is the prediction. Cryptic, yes but very foretelling.

On this day of Never Beer be it the 2 naut 6 (November 26) in the lords year 5 plus the 2 biggins.

A man will come forward to discredit all that is good and wise of me and mine and you and thyne...

This heretic will be simply known as EID_ANOG_LLA_EREW

- One Man Short ®

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
Nostradamus actually foretold of this thread with a quatrain (number 58 I think).

Anyway here is the prediction. Cryptic, yes but very foretelling.

On this day of Never Beer be it the 2 naut 6 (November 26) in the lords year 5 plus the 2 biggins.

A man will come forward to discredit all that is good and wise of me and mine and you and thyne...

This heretic will be simply known as EID_ANOG_LLA_EREW

- One Man Short ®

its a shame that u didnt post that on the 25th and THEN link to this post

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   

this is supposed to predict hitler.My question why didnt he just say hitler,yes Nostradamus used anagrams but this isnt an anagram of hitler at all but why didnt he just say hitler?

Or perhaps, this guy, predicting events hundreds of years later, simply "misheard" the name?

I mean seriously, the predicition matches so well yet hister vs hitler is clear evidence of a sham? Please you sound worse than the believers, clutching at ANY evidence no matter how slight. Personally I often mishear people's names on the TELEPHONE, let alone via some mystical portal to the future...

This the JFK assanation,This? this could be anyone this could that old guy living around the corner no-one talks to it could be the guy that works at blockbuster

Thing is my friend, you are looking at one small section and saying it could match anyone, which to a degree it could - any great man struck down by "lightning" would match that specific phrase, but determining which one is meant is about the bigger picture - the mention of another being struck down, and the bearer of a petiton helps to narrow the focus, and Im sure other quatrains or whatever will help narrow it down even further.

My point is, Nostradamus did not predict events by writing a little blurb on each one, he painted a picture with many small "brush strokes" that when looked at in their entirety made more sense than when each stroke is viewed individually.

Your argument with this predicition is not that it is wrong, but that it could be right for any number of people. Funnily enough history has a way of doing that, and one theory of Nostradamus' writings is that he saw the entirety of history as a series of events that repeated over and over, and that he wasnt specifically foretelling any event, but that by deciphering the patterns of past events was able to come up with a general formula that could be used to "predict" future events.

Thus he wasnt prediciting the assassination of JFK and RFK, but was instead prediciting that such assassinations would happen many times in the future with certain "signs" accompanying them that if recognised before hand could help to predict the event. In this case we simply recognise the pattern as being associated with JFK and RFK, but perhaps in another 500 years it would be someone else who fit the description.

In any case, your argument against, holds about as much weight as the argument for. It seems your belief is that this is a sham, and thus anyone could make a series of such "predictions" that over time appear to come true - not once or twice, but throughout the entire body of work.

Well, I have never heard of anyone else whose "predicitions" have even come close to matching Nostradamus for seeming accuracy. Perhaps you would like to create a few of these phony predictions and we will see if you can get ANY right?

come on now that realy could be absolutly anyone at all hitler was born near Italy so was my uncle and he is the manger of a factory couldnt he be the person prohosied in this prediction

THE BOTTOM LINE:Nostradamus was a heritic,sham a good astromanor yes but a sham none the less his predictions are vage at best

As above, a very reasonable theory regarding Nostradamus' predictions is that they did not involve "seeing" the future, but merely recognising that history moves in cycles and by recgnising the signs of certain cycles the future may be predicted. So sure that ONE "prediction" may match anyone born "near italy" but taken as a painting rather than a single stroke, all his writings surrounding this event lead to the idea that Napoleon is at least ONE of the people throughout history that fullfilled this "predicition".

Basically, your arguments have boiled down to: "He was close but not close enough" and "Well that could be anyone" - and My answer is: Not close enough? He got "hister" instead of "hitler" attached to an event HUNDREDS of years in his future. I would like to see you predict who will be the president of the US in TWENTY years time with an accuracy even approacing "hister vs hitler".

As for "that could be anyone" you over look the fact that it actually COULDNT be anyone - he narrowed it down to a specific geographic location, then identified events surround the particular person involved, once agian for an event hundreds of years in his future.

I would like you to tell me roughly where in the US the president 20 years from now was born, and name a few events surrounding him with anywhere near the accuracy of this particular prediction.

This is what gets me with arguments like yours - sure they are vague, sure they are sometimes partially or wholely inaccurate (at least so far) and sure he may not have seen the future. But please prove to me that you or anyone else could author the kind of writings he has and have them APPEAR to come true so many times over such a long period.

No one has EVER been able to duplicate this "sham" which would make it the work of a genius far surpassing Einstein - even if fake.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

The thing about prophecies is that they are never specific... and this means that for almost any instance, people can point to something and go "AHA! THAT's what the prophet meant!"

If they feel the prophet is credible, they ALSO ignore all the ones that don't make sense or don't come true. These days, no one ever discusses the "century 10 quatrain 72" stanza of Nostradamus... though it was a VERY popular discussion back in the late 1990's.

If you've forgotten it, it goes:

The year 1999, seventh month,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror:
To bring back to life the great King of the Mongols,
Before and after Mars to reign by good luck.

And nothing at all happened in July of 1999.

Nor is this one ever discussed:

C1Q17

For forty years the rainbow will not appear,
for forty years it will be seen every day:
The parched earth will wax more dry,
and great floods will accompany its appearance

Prophecies work, because they are always couched in vague terms and symbols. No prophet worth his (or her) salt ever stands up and says "On Wednesday, at 6 pm, a herd of cattle will stampede through downtown Adelade, Australia, causing insurance damage to 6 cars."

THAT would be a useful prophecy. That would be an accurate prophecy.

Instead, they say "In the month of the rain, Taurus will reign supreme. Good omens for the beasts and disaster for man." Heck, that could refer to any rainy season month (and remember the seasons differ depending on where you live... so the Australian rainy season doesn't coincide with that of Costa Rica or the US's northwest coast.) And Taurus could be a person with that last name, the automobile, cows, a mega-industry that was started in April of some year, and the disaster could be anything such as Hurricane Katrina that forced lots of humans to move out of the area.

So we get fans trying to remake the quatrains to fit every single event in human history.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Prophecies work, because they are always couched in vague terms and symbols. No prophet worth his (or her) salt ever stands up and says "On Wednesday, at 6 pm, a herd of cattle will stampede through downtown Adelade, Australia, causing insurance damage to 6 cars."

Edgar Cayce made many bold predictions from the exact date Atlantis would raise out of the sea to Califronia's Coast changing by 1998 to Japan being submerged underwater. Funny thing is he is often praised as being the most accurate prophet.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
nostradarmus put his visions into poetic form for this reasons. i have hidden these things from the wise and the curcumspect and i have purified it so it may be understood by those who are the poor and small.if you can't understand the poem read his letters to the king of france most of all to his son

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

The year 1999, seventh month,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror:
To bring back to life the great King of the Mongols,
Before and after Mars to reign by good luck.

And nothing at all happened in July of 1999.

That's true, although i might add that this king of terror merely arrives, (is born) i think if my interpretation is correct it'll take a few years until he can bring back Genghis Khan

it's fun, and there's always the excuse that we're just reading translations

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Don't any of you watch First Wave? The book of Nostradamus is hidden from the Gua!

How can any one be interpreting anything from the book, it's hidden!!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Beasts wild with hunger will cross the rivers, the greater part of the battlefield will be against hister. He will drag the leader in a cage of iron, when the child of Germany observes no law

Hister, is also the old name of the Danube River, andif i recall, Hitler grew up on this river

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

hitler grew up on the hister river

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

A Hero's image will be tainted by a bloody glove

Hmmm, i'm wondering if this prediction of Nosterdamus could apply to just anyone? Has it already passed?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

Hmmm, you are quoting from his quatrains.

You should post them in the language he wrote them in with the translations IMHO. He frequently uses german, spanish, and latin in addition to french. You should include all of these words and expert opinions on their meaning given in context (assuming you don't fluently speak those languages).

Secondly, if you are going to declare him as a sham, you should also include some of his short term predictions that were made outside of the quatrains in his lifetime. I can think of at least 2 that are considered to be non fraudulant.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Paladin327

I normally take these prophecies with a pinch of salt but that is interesting if true to say the very least.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
It starts with this:

Maybe his spelling or writing skills weren't the best, maybe he made a slight error like all of us do from time to time, you know, like typing mistakes and grammatical errors such as;

"come on now that realy could be absolutly anyone at all hitler was born near Italy so was my uncle and he is the manger of a factory couldnt he be the person prohosied in this prediction

We're all guilty of it from time to time...

[edit on 8-7-2008 by fanthorpe]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Seems to me the god of war has been reigning happily since 1999. Pinpointing the catalyst in the 7th month remains vauge, the effect remains obvious.

new topics

top topics

join