It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox 360 glitchy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There have been several reports from angry Xbox 360 owners complaining that the system has crashed or overheated.

spong.com

Reports of an Xbox 360 glitch epidemic have hit the web in the past 24 hours, with Microsoft’s new console coming under fire from users angry that it has crashed or overheated.

Reports mainly centering around Project Gotham Racing 3 (a crash video of which you can see here) have complained of lock-outs and other errors, seemingly stemming from a faulty memory unit within the machine.

Other faults have included error numbers E79, E67, E74, E35 appearing on the screen, again thought to be related to RAM problems, have also been reported.

So, is there a widespread problem with the Xbox 360, or is this a mixture of expected hardware fail-rates and post-purchase regret, empowered by the global megaphone that is the Internet?

A microsoft product that is glitchy? Never

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
for some reason this doesnt shock me in the least bit...
and its not because its an MS product... because the xbox is a fine piece of gaming machine...

are the problems just with PGR3? perhaps its something with the game thats causing the unit to act up.... faulty software can make hardware screw up!

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Not just xbox stuff.

Launch Xboxes were plagued with problems, resulting in the nickname FiXBox being awarded after it chewed up disks and suffered repeated hard disk failures. So it’s a Microsoft issue? No, of course not. The Dreamcast suffered hard reset problems at launch, the PlayStation 2 saw massive returns with a plethora of issues including disc read errors, blown circuit boards and power supply issues. Early PlayStation consoles were also unreliable, resulting in many having to stand on their side to read game discs. Sega’s Saturn also suffered crash faults in its early phase, with the recently released PSP seeing widespread pixel, disc and general manufacture quality-related returns.

Outside of gaming, look at the uproar Apple manages to cause with the portable music player fashionista up in arms every six months or so.

Sigh. Thats why you dont buy the system when it first comes out.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
yea i had one of those first gen PS2's with the faulty dvd drives... the laser went out after about.... 9 months or so. and sony wouldnt do a damn thing about it... so i had to buy a friggin new one lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Not just xbox stuff.

I remember my friend bought the old PlayStation when it first came out. He ended up having to put the unit on its side or even upside down just for it to work.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
remember the cartridge days and having to blow the dust out of them and out of inside the system? those were the days...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here is some more info.

timesonline.co.uk

Microsoft admits that some Xbox 360s are faulty

Microsoft has admitted that it has received isolated reports of technical problems with its new Xbox 360 games console, which launched in the US on Tuesday amid much excitement.

Most stores have now sold out of the new console and Microsoft is struggling to make enough Xboxes to meet demand. British retailers have warned that they may not have the consoles in stock in time for the UK launch on December 2.

Some American enthusiasts who did manage to get their hands on the new machine have complained that their Xbox keeps crashing during start-up or game play. On www.xbox-scene.com, an online forum dedicated to Xbox gaming, nine members reported that they were having problems with their consoles.

Most reported that games would freeze, graphics would be distorted or the screen would go blank.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Not just xbox stuff.

Launch Xboxes were plagued with problems, resulting in the nickname FiXBox being awarded after it chewed up disks and suffered repeated hard disk failures. So it’s a Microsoft issue? No, of course not. The Dreamcast suffered hard reset problems at launch, the PlayStation 2 saw massive returns with a plethora of issues including disc read errors, blown circuit boards and power supply issues. Early PlayStation consoles were also unreliable, resulting in many having to stand on their side to read game discs. Sega’s Saturn also suffered crash faults in its early phase, with the recently released PSP seeing widespread pixel, disc and general manufacture quality-related returns.

Outside of gaming, look at the uproar Apple manages to cause with the portable music player fashionista up in arms every six months or so.

Sigh. Thats why you dont buy the system when it first comes out.

Notice how Nintendo are the only console makers not listed here. Their consoles may be 'kiddy' but at least they are guaranteed to work.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGuirk
remember the cartridge days and having to blow the dust out of them and out of inside the system? those were the days...

That was a fine art! I was so good at that it had so many many nuances, expertise was necessary

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duncan

Notice how Nintendo are the only console makers not listed here. Their consoles may be 'kiddy' but at least they are guaranteed to work.

I had to buy 3 Gamecubes, because the first 2 went "Kerplunk" after 3 months each. So sorry, but Nintendos as bad as the rest.

And I had the faulty PS1 and PS2's as well, I'll be expecting nothing less from the next generation.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hmm.... I've never had a single problem with anything I've ever bought from Nintendo. Yet a friend of mine has had memory card problems with is. On the otherhand I've known people who had freezing problems with PS2, but others who've never had a problem with theirs.

I think that with the exception of some early launch difficulties, most of the time whether or not your system has errors depends on how you treat it. Same thing applies to desktop computers. I've seen some Mac's that couldn't put two and two together without freezing, but I've seen others that worked quite seemlessly. Same's gone for various PC's I've had the pleasure (and sometimes frusteration) of working with.

Of course a lot of these early launch errors have the tendancy to be the companies fault, which is why you don't buy anything when it first comes out.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I've had freezing problems with PS2 but not XBox. (I did wait till XBox was Mature before I bought it though)

NEVER EVER BUY FIRST RUN.....ANYTHING! It's just stupidity. Always wait till they got everything fixed. PS3 will have similiar problems mark my words.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Its cheaper,(i think) to fix problems after the release, than move back the release date and reship.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Its cheaper,(i think) to fix problems after the release, than move back the release date and reship.

Also bear in mind that Microsoft is planning on switching from a 90 nm architecture to something smaller in 2006 for two reasons, manufacting will be cheaper and heat dissipation issues can be dealt with much easier(think cheaper). I won't be buying it till 07 and in that time I will be accumulating used games heh.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm going to wait 'til the PS3 is out before I even think about buying an xbox 360 for the following reasons:

It will have gone down in price (a bit)
The PS3 could be alot better than the xbox360 (I'd hate to spend over £200 on an xbox360 when I could have used the money for something better). :shk:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The PS3 could be alot better than the xbox360 (I'd hate to spend over £200 on an xbox360 when I could have used the money for something better)

How do you know it's better if you have not tried it? That smells of crappy Fanboism. Did you know that Sony is planning on Tethering games that you bought to a specific console? This means that you cannot rent, sell, buy used games or even take your games to your buddies house because Sony doesn't approve of those practices as they don't make money that way. Sony is full of Idiots intent on running that company to the ground. DO NOT BUY THE NEXT DREAMCAST!(Which is what I'm called PS3 already)

Buy a (GOOD)PC and get a couple of Logitech PS2-like controllers you won't be sorry.

Oh on a side note I don't think PS3 is gonna support computer monitors either while XBOX 360 can do so out of the box.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by sardion2000]

[edit on 30-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

The PS3 could be alot better than the xbox360 (I'd hate to spend over £200 on an xbox360 when I could have used the money for something better)

How do you know it's better if you have not tried it? That smells of crappy Fanboism. Did you know that Sony is planning on Tethering games that you bought to a specific console? This means that you cannot rent, sell, buy used games or even take your games to your buddies house because Sony doesn't approve of those practices as they don't make money that way. Sony is full of Idiots intent on running that company to the ground. DO NOT BUY THE NEXT DREAMCAST!(Which is what I'm called PS3 already)

Buy a (GOOD)PC and get a couple of Logitech PS2-like controllers you won't be sorry.

Oh on a side note I don't think PS3 is gonna support computer monitors either while XBOX 360 can do so out of the box.

I didn't say the PS3 IS better, I said it COULD be better. Obviously, I'll try out the xbox360 and PS3 (at a friends house, etc.) before I even think of buying it.

new topics

top topics

join