It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some people more evolved then others?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I am a pretty big supporter of reincarnation (bring it on christians) and I have always wondered, maybe from the time I was a little kid, Am I more evolved then other people here on Earth?

I feel like I have been here before, and I can deal with my emotions and other people's emotions as if I were the reincarnation of Dr. Phil himself.

I just look around and I say on a regular basis: "Why are so many people so stupid?".

Are people at different levels of awareness? Are some people still trying to reach for that final chromisome that will allow them to grasp basic facts like "the world survives on non-sustainable resources". Or, "killing my fellow man serves no good purpose whatsoever!".

Sometimes I feel like a gorilla stuck in a cage full of baboons. I can do sign language, but all the baboons are doing is humping each other and picking out each other's lice.

I think souls come into the earth realm at different levels. Those who have "been around the block" try to help the "newbies" out. But the newbies are so infatuated with the whole idea of being conscious and alive that they don't think about the big picture and focus only on identifying with the ego and satisfying it. Maybe these are the baboons in human form?

I hate to feel smarter then other pople, but I feel like I just "get it" more then so many others. So ATSers, what do you think?

[edit on 24-11-2005 by robinm]

[edit on 24-11-2005 by robinm]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by robinm
Am I more evolved then other people here on Earth?
[snip]
I just look around and I say on a regular basis: "Why are so many people so stupid?".
[snip]
I hate to feel smarter then other pople, but I feel like I just "get it" more then so many others.

my, my, robin! that's an extremely arrogant stance to take, especially when there's already a misspelled word within the first sentence, which then continues to be used incorrectly for the remainder of your post! [use 'than' then, rather than 'then'- snicker! :LOL: ]

eh, i'm not looking to give you a hard time- but you're likely to receive a fair amount of negative response, but smart as ya claim- you had to know that? just don't let the 'pople' (sic) get to you, try not to allow yourself to become entangled in any heated debates over it.... some folk may not take kindly to your post with so many errors, implying more intelligence than most... just be prepared for some backlash, hun.

overlooking all of that, i have often considered the idea that some individuals are at a higher level of 'awareness', displaying highly skilled faculties and wisdom that seems to transcend 'the norm'. usually it isn't something touted, as intelligence also brings attention to the lack of 'all knowing'. i would think that someone highly advanced would have compassion for another who may be 'just learning' rather than frustration or intolerance. what good is a gift unless you use it for a better good? if you truly have a gift of a higher IQ and control over your emotional states, then you are in a wonderful position to share and enlighten- and hopefully will be appreciative of others pointing out areas where you still have a room to grow. pride, robin. if you release it, others may be able to recognize you for the intelligent person i'm sure you are.... for now your pride will certainly prevent anyone from entertaining your post with any seriousness.

best of luck to you with this thread...

~am

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

... Am I more evolved then other people here on Earth?

Sometimes I feel like a gorilla stuck in a cage full of baboons. I can do sign language, but all the baboons are doing is humping each other and picking out each other's lice.

Have you considered that the baboons might be the more "evolved" ones? Maybe they've already been through what you're going through and have realized there's no ultimate point to all this, so they might as well just hump eachother and pick out lice.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I feel that any suspicion of individual advancement in spiritual evolution (or whatever you might term this idea) is the initial budding-forth of awareness toward our responsibility to self and our fellow planet-mates
(including beasts both potty-trained, table-mannered, and otherwise) that brings us to the point of discovering an inherent purpose of service and love (both done
without the use of one's lips!)
toward the goal of unity for all life (both conventionally acknowledged as well as yet-to-be-discovered forms of 'life'--which, in essence, includes all things whatsoever.)

This awareness, however, is a phase before the eventual, but mandatory, period of tempering of self/ego in the forge of humility, grief, and acceptance (a good part of which is done while looking one's self squarely in the eye with the help of a clean mirror). This can be as painful as it is rewarding. No pain=no gain, in the truest sense of human motto.
:bash:
:bnghd:

True humility has no need to declare itself and real wisdom understands its own impossibility.

[edit on 11/24/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Um... Know. Probably not.

I feel like I have been here before, and I can deal with my
emotions and other people's emotions as if I were the
reincarnation of Dr. Phil himself.

Um... but... Dr. Phil's not dead.

I hate to feel smarter then other pople, but I feel like I just
"get it" more then so many others. So ATSers, what do
you think?

Um...Ahhh think you're gettin' ready to have a verrrrrry
interesting and enlightening life's journey! So get ready,
sit back, and enjoy the ride!

[edit on 11/24/2005 by WalksThroughTime]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Or, "killing my fellow man serves no good purpose whatsoever!".

That depends on the situation. Many times the taking of anothers life serves a very good purpose.

An intruder breaks into your home and attempts to rape your wife or daughter. In this case, blowing his brains out, serves a very good purpose.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I am a pretty big supporter of reincarnation (bring it on christians) ........... .. . . . .. .... . .. .. . . . . .. .

I hate to feel smarter then other pople, but I feel like I just "get it" more then so many others. So ATSers, what do you think?

I think most Christians believe Christ existed before Christ was born, so I don't see how they debunk reincarnarnation, and also justify the plural indicated during the first week of creation where it states "In OUR image by explaning it refers to the Father, son, and holy Ghost's presence during creation itself.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Have you considered that the baboons might be the more "evolved" ones? Maybe they've already been through what you're going through and have realized there's no ultimate point to all this, so they might as well just hump eachother and pick out lice.

Ya, look at the stupid gorilla worried about stupid hand gestures that serve no purpose for me, while I get some sweet baboon tail and get her to pick the lice off my hairy back, then I'll get the lice off her hairy back, enjoy a snack, and have some more hot sweaty baboon sex, the whole time this stupid big gorilla is making stupid hand gestures and calling himself smarter than me. Look at him, no sweet baboon monkey loving, no delicious lice snack, just an empty stomach and some unintelligable attempt at communication with his hands.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

Or, "killing my fellow man serves no good purpose whatsoever!".

That depends on the situation. Many times the taking of anothers life serves a very good purpose.

Ya, a whole bunch of baboons might be justified in offing a presumtious gorilla who proves he is a threat to us baboons, and has intentions of taking my lice meals away from me, and my well versed skills of enjoyable baboon loving away from me.

Stupid is as stupid does. Telling baboons that the proliferation of their race is stupid is, well .. . .. . . good thing they don't comprehend your sign language.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thank you all for all of your comments!

Writing this thread was not the best idea I've ever had. I was drunk and pissed off about some things that had happened to me that week, and instead of breaking things and being a jerk out in the real world, I decided to be a jerk on here instead. Yay for me.

I appreciate the grammar corrections, perhaps I am nothing more then (or is it than) a lowly baboon.

I appreciate the feedback and comments. I honestly don't think I am more evolved then others, I've just been fortunate enough to be exposed to a lot of knowledge that others have not. Sometimes it makes me arrogant, and this is something I am trying to de-program out of myself, because it doesn't really serve me all that well.

Thanks for posting, at least I am getting some points!!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I honestly don't think I am more evolved then others, I've just been fortunate enough to be exposed to a lot of knowledge that others have not.

Indeed you have! But then, so have we all. Perhaps you'll take that into consideration.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thank you all for all of your comments!

Writing this thread was not the best idea I've ever had. I was drunk and pissed off about some things that had happened to me that week, and instead of breaking things and being a jerk out in the real world, I decided to be a jerk on here instead. Yay for me.

Your not a jerk, and I thank you for your honesty. We all have the right to rant and this place can be a good place to share how we feel at a particular time. Personally, I enjoyed your point of view, and I learned something. I also know if I did not respect your position, I would not have felt obligated to respond to your ideas.

Thanks,
John

I appreciate the grammar corrections, perhaps I am nothing more then (or is it than) a lowly baboon.

I appreciate the feedback and comments. I honestly don't think I am more evolved then others, I've just been fortunate enough to be exposed to a lot of knowledge that others have not. Sometimes it makes me arrogant, and this is something I am trying to de-program out of myself, because it doesn't really serve me all that well.

Don't ever think you are alone. You most certainly are not.

Peace,
John (a gorilla stuck in the body of a baboon)

P.S. Baboons have prettier backsides. All those pretty colors .. .. .. .

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't personally believe in reincarnation (although I think it is a really, really cool idea!) but I had a coworker a few years ago who was both a Christian AND believed 100% in reincarnation. His belief was that some people have been reincarnated more times than others, so that some people would be more 'evolved' than others. So the level of 'evolution' would depend not only on how many past lives the person had lived, but what they had done with them, i.e. if some guy lived fifty lifetimes, but spent all of them as a homeless drunk, he's not going to have evolved as much as another who lived 5 liftetimes but actually progressed spiritually and intellectually.

My coworker thought that this was the reason some people take to certain skills or ideas very quickly. He would have believed, for example, that Mozart had been very musical in his past lives, and so when he was born as Mozart, he already had lots of innate skill in music.

Again, these aren't my personal beliefs, but it's something to think about.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
all things are equally evolved if they're alive at the same time

they might not have changed, but that's for an actual reason

you are no more evolved than a chimp, but you are DIFFERENTLY evolved

top topics

join