It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microphone on tooth developed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The US military has created a microphone that is to be inserted into the back of your molar. It will take away most background noise when communicating. Could the government eventually get out of control with these things? Eventually making them small enough so that they are not noticable. Will this be the new way to communicate in the future, with phone implants in your teeth?

I dont know... Im just throwing out some questions

Pretty cool though Patent Office

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
So now I can't even chew gum and talk

Seriously, sounds like a neat invention. Would be great for James Bond. Would have to have some serious screening to take out the noise not generated by the voice, If it works well it could be great mics for movies where a lot of background noise can interfere with voices and require rerecording in the studio.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I can definately see this technology taking a very bad and negative path.

Than again to, this may end up being the precursor to a new generation of cell phone technologies.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The teeth have always been a good source for audio.

I remember a toy candy a few years ago that was like an electronic lollipop...

If you bit it with your teeth, you would hear the music.

In your head that is.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The only thing revolutionary about this at this time is the microphone, which is great for picking up the voice of the person wearing it. It still requires a transceiver that must be worn elsewhere on the body and apparently it is no good for picking up the voices of others in the area. Additionally, the person still has to talk, which would be heard by anyone nearby and people who appear to be talking to no one in particular usually attract attention to themselves.

I could see this being put to good use for radio operators in combat where noise is an issue. I think that most people would prefer not to have a foreign object in the mouth to be operated by a tongue switch. I don't see this invention having much of an impact on the industry.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think this is great for the military, but I can't see much use in the civilian sector. The big thing with the military is that it can help to cut out targeting errors from the noise of guns going off around the radio operator.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What about a Toothpod? Imagine having access to every song ever created beamed straight to your auditory portion of the brain. You'd be able to drown anyone out

Listen to music or the game while at work without your boss any the wiser.

Listen to it while you significant other is yammering away about Cloths/Sports(depending on gender of course)

Listen to it in class during a lecture etc etc.

[edit on 23-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Audio Tooth implant

This is really amazing technology.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I already have a partial plate. Think of the hardware that could be packed into that--cell phone, GPS, mp3 player, voice recorder, WiFi. If I could get a belt buckle (you know they were them big here in New Mexico) that had an amplifier and loudspeader built in, I could street corner prophet.

new topics

top topics

join