It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Shows its Political Bias (again)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
I am a Democrat and I want to make it clear that I think CNN is in fact disrespecting the people of the United States of America and their Goverment.

This is seen around the world and I believe this only helps our enemies.

Roper

Amen; love it or leave it,, but DO NOT give our enemies any more ammo.
NWOTed will probably hide his head up the rear which he has done for decades..

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What is this thread doing in ATS? Shouldn't it be in PTS with all the other political ranting? Here's a hint, if you're going to put the word "politics" "political" etc in the subject line, it probably belongs in PTS.

[edit on 22-11-2005 by informatu]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here's the bottom line. One side thinks CNN is bias. (Pro Bush, Pro War, neglecting to see the utter deception this administration keeps covering up with primitive lies) Now FOX NEWS thinks its not bias. (But they defend their points good, then when the opposition goes to make valid points, they cut away, THIS IS TRUE I'VE SEEN IT) Has anyone watched the O'reily factor? I love the conversations, and its almost funny how he isolates his opinion.

I'm sorry, here is th bottom line. America is DIVIDED at the fundamental level. This will not end up good!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
someone, please just tell me, there wasn't any x's on the screen during any of kennedy's speeches before his assassination were there?

as long as the powers that be don't have anyone out there programed to respond to x's, I really don't care!!

who knows, maybe cnn was hacked?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
who cares???

people make fun of bush on tv daily...

hell, just turn on "saturday night live" or something...

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The Cheney 'X' revealed: "Transition begins after 5
frames of black"
Sounds like they were switching cameras, but switched too soon. Oh well, at least that proves that communists aren't intelligent enough to never make a mistake!

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
The Cheney 'X' revealed: "Transition begins after 5
frames of black"
Sounds like they were switching cameras, but switched too soon.

Come on, a mistake? Never!!!

If FOX says it's anti-american, communist, anti-freedom, al queida loving subliminal programming it has to be true; because every story they run comes straight from God and God is always right.

Are you calling God a liar mister!

Don't make me sic Ann Coulter on you!

[edit on 11/23/05 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
CNN is the original, ground breaking, all American enterprise that revolutionized news gathering and reporting, before going totally corporate and losing it's edge.

That doesn't mean that it is any better than the rest of the
garbage out there. It's like saying Donahue is #1 because
he started talk shows that had some meaning to them.
He is no longer relevant. He's just another bias hollywood
talking head. CNN is no longer 'ground breaking' and it
doesn't report the news ... it spins it to fit it's agenda.

CNN got caught with it's pants down. The news this morning
reported that CNN called VP Cheney's office to apologize.
Yeah ... I'm sure that was heartfelt.
They are afraid
the FCC will get called in and even if nothing is found ...
it is obvious what CNN did and this is just another confirmation
of their bias and their agenda.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
From CNN itself .. it was just a technical glitch.... stuff happens...

Cnn Video

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
FOX has been trying to recreate this with their similar switching equipment and say it was impossible that this was a technical glitch.

I think it was meant to be an inside joke and they put on the air accidently and CNN is covering it up, when they should fire whoever is responsible.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Definately not a technical glitch.
For those that continue to think it is:
CNN places 'X' mark on Dick Cheney's Face
CNN Caught Off-Guard; Recording Proves Damaging 'X' Over Vice President's Face was Intentional Says Team Hollywood

For the humor:

seekerof

[edit on 23-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So www.bushisgod.com and www.hailbushordie.org say it wasn't a glitch so it musn't be a glitch even though the people who know what they are talking about say it was? Hmmm, who to believe... Until you get someone besides the Grand Wizard of the KKK or some other Bush Worshiper your sites don't mean jack. It is like trying to prove I am god then putting up links that I made that say I am god, doesn't help.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
There's no defense for this. A national news organization (CNN) defaces an image of the Vice President Cheney during a televised speech.

article

Excerpt:

At 11:04:45 AM ET Monday CNN was airing Vice President Dick Cheney's speech live from the American Enterprise Institute in Washington -- when a large black 'X' repeatedly flashed over the vice president's face!

This is why, I wish we could all pull a "lisa simpson" and star our own newspapers, don't you? This is stupid, I'm sick of everyone playing the partisian card, so ppl won't pay attention to a bigger scandel, conspiracy, crime, etc. It's wrong, it's sick, and quite frankly, I'm sick of it!

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I my opinion there is no such thing as political bias in the news media. Many Americans have been so deeply polarized with this notion of liberals and conservatives, they can't even tell there’s all being manipulated. The liberals call the conservatives Fascist the conservatives call the liberals Communist. I think its Mussolini who said never show the people more than 2 opponents. The entire news media is designed to perpetuate this myth.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by dgtempe
Brings to mind all the snickering and laughter about Monica and Clinton...how degrading...Sure, Bill brought it on himself, nevertheless, they made him the laughing stock of the world.

And here we have an excellent example of the "two wrongs make it right logic" often used by the left - they did it (we think) so we can too - instead of just admitting that all of this is wrong ...

(hint: Clinton made himself the laughing stock of the world, not the people that reported it)

[edit on 11/22/2005 by centurion1211]
As i said, only Clintons ordeal was blown up with 24/7 right wing coverage and demands that he be impeached for something that DID NOT EFFECT MY life in the least. Nope. HIS sexual life is meaningless to me and to you. Morals begin at home, and if you have to look to your president to get some, well, that brings me to the current administration.

Very well put, dgtempe !!! This Administration has NO morals, IMO, they lie, Uses the Lord's name in vain by Bush telling us that "he had a conversation with God about going to Iraq" as a way to use God to get the religious groups to jump on Bush's bandwagon for war on Iraq.

The "Righties" are getting their panties all in a twist over a few "X's" on the VP's face, but it's alright for the "leak" to happen about Valerie , on their watch, it's alright for this Administration to lie to us and attack Iraq using their" trumped-up" facts about the WMDs as a reason to attack Iraq, and to murder 2000 or more of our troops and over 100,000 Iraqi citizens , but thats alright as far as the "Righties" are concerned because their "god-like-Bush" says so.

You would think that the "right wing" would get their panties in a twist over something more important than a few x's on the VP's face,

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
It was not the point that he was having 'sexual relations' with Monica.

It was the fact inwhich he took an oath before testifing to 'Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you GOD'

Bush, Cheney et al have taken that same oath. I could go on and on.
That oath doesnt mean much now, does it?

Nanna_of_6: I miss you and wish you were here more often.
I like the way you dont hold anything back.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I just came up with a Scenario for this Event.

MAYBE, just Maybe this was created by Pro-Bush Corporate Media "Spies", that infilrtrated the CNN media center and deliberately put an X on Dick's Face, to SMEAR the Blame all over CNN and to start this Communist/Clinton News Network Blame.

As you see, it Works.

You never know - you know?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
MAYBE, just Maybe this was created by Pro-Bush Corporate Media "Spies", that infilrtrated the CNN media center and deliberately put an X on Dick's Face, to SMEAR the Blame all over CNN and to start this Communist/Clinton News Network Blame.

Well i work in television so i know it is just a mistake, though it is possible too i guess. Either way I have no doubt it was just one phone call before FOX started making a big deal out of it. It is not just in their own interest to bash their next-best-competition, but their political agenda has time and again proven that this is also the exact kind of thing they would savagly exploit and over-react to.

Also, i think this was cleverly exploited to not just Fox's advantage, but most of Bush&Co. It is clearly a distraction to all the news that is really happening so can we please start focusing on the real issues?

[edit on 25-11-2005 by ekul08]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Mistakes are made. Take this one, for instance:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I just came up with a Scenario for this Event.

As you see, it Works.

You never know - you know? You have an amazing mind. There you have it. Case is solved!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join