It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the matter with some people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
While I was looking up 'Opening the Third Eye' I found a number of websites that seem to promote the idea that doing so is the work of Satan.
Why is this? Why do people feel the need to spread lies like that, do some people really fear others being in what they would consider a higher plane?
I also found this write-up, the site it is on condemns it but the fact is somone felt the need to write this drivel.

If you read it you will notice how they condemn everything from witchcraft, fortune telling:

People become involved with drugs like L. S. D., metaphysics, psychic
healings, candle magick, acupuncture, biofeedback, modern yoga,
seances, dream interpretations, UFO's, tarot cards, visualizing, rune
magic, and palm reading. Other forms include martial arts like karate
and ninja, Indian spirits, dungeons and dragons, other role-playing
games, crystals programming, scrying, astrology, holistic healing,
homeopathy, hypnotism, and other forms of mind control. More forms
include astral projection, levitation, telekinesis,
dematerialization, translocation, apports, deports, and all kinds of
divinations. Then, later, as they become more involved and interested
in the occult, they will turn to books on the Eastern religions, the
New Age Movement, Hinduism, Zen Buddhism, Muslim belief, and the
blatantly satanic books on sorcery such as _THE SATANIC BIBLE_, _THE
SATANIC RITUALS_, and the _NECRONOMICON_, which are available in
their libraries and book stores. Drugs and alcohol lead to the
occult, especially L. S. D.
www.holysmoke.org...

What's the problem with these people? Do they expect everyone to be blind little sheep like them?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

While I was looking up 'Opening the Third Eye' I found a number of websites that seem to promote the idea that doing so is the work of Satan.
Why is this?

You believe in a 3rd eye.
They believe in the God of the bible.
The bible shows that this stuff is sin.

Why didnt you just ignore this stuff and continue in your search? Let them believe what they want and ignore them.
Perhaps the reason it touched a nerve, and you couldnt let it go, is because something inside you felt a bit of truth in it.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Every chakra can be opened negatively or positively. If you are opening your third eye negatively you are doing the work of Satan, or the ego. Most spiritual groups teach people to awaken the chakras negatively, through the visualization of desires and through various practices that stimulate then chakras with egotistical or animal energy. We must be careful to not be identified with the ego when opening our chakras or we may get them to open negatively. A postively opened chakra spins clockwise as seen from within ourselves.

We can open chakras positively through vocalizing mantras which open the Seven Churches of the book of Revelations. To open your third eye this way, just vocalize the mantra EEE (as in tree), and imagine energy on your forehead. Do this for 15 minutes and slowly increase time as comfortable.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
You believe in a 3rd eye.
They believe in the God of the bible.

Guess what? I believe in both--as one in the same.

The bible shows that this stuff is sin.
Nope. The christians religion declares it as sin--obviously a diversionary tactic to sway the world away from God's internal leadership.

Psalms 32:8-10
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee. Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

Hmmm...let's see...

I have 2 (two) eyes. God says He will guide me with His eye (one).

That would make His eye my third eye.

Simple enough. Of course, I'm sure you will probably have some way of making the straight and simple path into a meandering justification of what you've been told and so believe to be true.

Still, the bible says what it says.

Perhaps the reason it touched a nerve, and you couldnt let it go, is because something inside you felt a bit of truth in it.
Or maybe it just struck the 'wrong' chord inside--the one that resonants against the harmony of elemental truth whenever it's plucked by such indoctrinated-dogma (so often presented as 'God's truth' or 'scriptural truth').

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
Every chakra can be opened negatively or positively. If you are opening your third eye negatively you are doing the work of Satan, or the ego. Most spiritual groups teach people to awaken the chakras negatively, through the visualization of desires and through various practices that stimulate then chakras with egotistical or animal energy. We must be careful to not be identified with the ego when opening our chakras or we may get them to open negatively.
I believe this is true--and I also feel that even that which goes on in the name of organized christianity is often doing this very thing--what happens is the ultimate deception disguised and promoted as the ultimate truth--what's behind the name is not necessarily the owner of that name.

This concept could very well be the same presented in Genesis in regard to eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil--especially when one considers the 'snake' as both temptor in the tree and the coiled serpent at the root of our energies. The ninth letter of the Hebrew alphabet is Tet--and it represents both the serpent and 'the hidden good in what first appears as evil.'

We can open chakras positively through vocalizing mantras which open the Seven Churches of the book of Revelations. To open your third eye this way, just vocalize the mantra EEE (as in tree), and imagine energy on your forehead. Do this for 15 minutes and slowly increase time as comfortable.

But is that not also trying to wake something that only God can truly quicken to real life?

Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Proverbs 20:21-22
An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning; but the end thereof shall not be blessed. Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.

I just posted the significant verses of these passages--but anyone who truly has a desire can read the whole chapters--and also include the 37th Psalm, for it is very significant in regard to this matter.

Offering a bit of personal experience of my own--I did not understand these things (nor seek them out, either)--I did not even know I was 'waiting on the LORD,' because I never thought that I was lacking anything.

I have, however, never preferred the words and advice of any man, religious or not, over what I felt in my 'gut' or what I've read in the bible. I also felt sure that the ability to discern logically and to reason (not to rationalize, but to reason) were given to us all by God, in order to assist our earthly sojourns. I have always had confidence that God would straighten everything out when it was time. I just did not worry about the details. I did my best not to judge or meddle, and I have never sought to act in revenge toward another person (I've definitely thought about it!--although it was more of a therapeutic exercise to smooth my own ruffled feathers and to distract my energies from taking action toward ruffling the feathers of my 'enemies.') Now that God has blessed me with some insight that I was never capable of, my feathers don't ruffle because I know to take things personal and emotionally react is to follow the 'way of the flesh' rather than the truth of the spirit. We don't always know why we should turn the other cheek and love even our enemies as we love ourselves, but yet we must trust that it is the right thing to do, in every case--no matter how hard it is to endure--and if our intentions are pure toward God, He with uphold and sustain our meagre human efforts in these things which will always be impossible to achieve on our own.

Then, one day, my 'third eye' was completely opened, and there is no doubt in my heart how it happened--and after the fact I found out what had happened--and so I was then able to actually define what the word 'miracle' means to me.

In anticipation of anyone that would say that 'listening to my gut' was wrong--again the bible seems to say otherwise. Scriptural references available upon request.

Also--it is often said 'go with your gut instinct--it's always right.'

If that is so, then there is only one source of 'always right,' IMO--and that is God.

Therefore, how can 'always right' be so hastily judged as 'wrong?'

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
This concept could very well be the same presented in Genesis in regard to eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil--especially when one considers the 'snake' as both temptor in the tree and the coiled serpent at the root of our energies. The ninth letter of the Hebrew alphabet is Tet--and it represents both the serpent and 'the hidden good in what first appears as evil.'

Very true...

The Igneous Serpent has been demonized over the years, portrayed as the epitome of evil and perversion. It would be interesting to note that some ancient Gnostic sets considered even the tempting snake as a symbol of good. To them it offered knowledge to break free from the hold of the demi-god Demiurge.

The coiled serpent, just like the chakras can also be awakened postively or negatively. We can let the Kundalini rise postively along our spine, or we can grow Satan's tail, and lower the Kundabuffer.

But is that not also trying to wake something that only God can truly quicken to real life?

Agreed

When we are vocalizing a particular vowel we are only repairing the damage that we've done to a particular chakra. Once the chakra is healed, we need to walk the narrow path that leads to life for it to truly open.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I have not read that thread yet but I feel your pain. I was reading into kabbalah,dmt,pinel gland etc and than I was listening to christian commentary on it all and they said it was Satanic to look into such things. Ya know WTF really everything is a sin and everything I do equals hell so be it. I got tired of that real quick. Where does truth and God hide....
?

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Why is this? Why do people feel the need to spread lies like that, do some people really fear others being in what they would consider a higher plane?
I also found this write-up, the site it is on condemns it but the fact is somone felt the need to write this drivel.

If you read it you will notice how they condemn everything from witchcraft, fortune telling:

People become involved with drugs like L. S. D., metaphysics, psychic
healings, candle magick, acupuncture, biofeedback, modern yoga,
seances, dream interpretations, UFO's, tarot cards, visualizing, rune
magic, and palm reading. Other forms include martial arts like karate
and ninja, Indian spirits, dungeons and dragons, other role-playing
games, crystals programming, scrying, astrology, holistic healing,
homeopathy, hypnotism, and other forms of mind control. More forms
include astral projection, levitation, telekinesis,
dematerialization, translocation, apports, deports, and all kinds of
divinations. Then, later, as they become more involved and interested
in the occult, they will turn to books on the Eastern religions, the
New Age Movement, Hinduism, Zen Buddhism, Muslim belief, and the
blatantly satanic books on sorcery such as _THE SATANIC BIBLE_, _THE
SATANIC RITUALS_, and the _NECRONOMICON_, which are available in
their libraries and book stores. Drugs and alcohol lead to the
occult, especially L. S. D.
www.holysmoke.org...

What's the problem with these people? Do they expect everyone to be blind little sheep like them?

new topics

top topics

join