It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yellow & gold fringed flags

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I heard rumors that Canada & the USA went bankrupt in 1933 and became corporations under the same name. The gov't created a comercial law system that suspended everyones natural common law rights because the court room became ships the were under the Law of Admirality then re-defined land as body of water to implement this in all our land Acts. Everytime someone enters the court room and see's a flag with a gold or yellow fringe this is a warning that your natural god given human rights are suspsended and the judge is the supreme authority on the ship because he represents the captain who has final say based on the ships owner ( the gov't).
This could explain why Americans who argue via the constitution always and i mean always lose because they entered a new jurisdiction separate from the law of the land where the constitution protects them.
This way the gov't always get's their way.

If you look up the definition of gold fringed flags on the internet or in military & legal dictionaries you will find this to be your conclusion.
Therefore why does American and Canadian Institutions continue to fly gold fringed flags. This mean they are at war with something and the law of the land has been suspended and the law of admirality is in effect. The Governor General and even the CCRA fly these flags.
What the stink is going on?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Maybe someone will read this now that i'm not on global ignore. All this I was just reading posts cause I never knew I was invisible, this explains alot of things, if only i could get my points back.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Read this, I think you'll find it interesting...

www.supremelaw.org...

Long read but it talks about the change from common law to Equity and Admiralty Courts, and many other eye opening things...

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I cannot speak to any hoax regarding Canada, but as far as the United States is concerned, this issue has been presented on many occasions and regularly debunked. There is no evidence in the Congress or the archives of any of the Federal courts which speak to any such "bankruptcy". In short:

The yellow or gold fringe has no meaning whatsoever, except that it is an option on flags flown indoors. And we're not under "admiralty law" but the same set of laws that typically derive from the English Common Law, and those laws passed with enabling legislation by the Congress of the United States. If there is any question about the constitutionality of any law it can be ruled upon by several courts -- culminating with the Supreme Court of the United States, which, under precedent established in Marbury v Madison (1803) determines if the law in question is within the purview and guidelines set forth in the Constitution of the United States. If it's not, the particular law is null and void.

[edit on 20-11-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
You are incorrect OTS. Sorry.

Don't feel like going into it right now, just take my word, and go research.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche

This could explain why Americans who argue via the constitution always and i mean always lose because they entered a new jurisdiction separate from the law of the land where the constitution protects them.
This way the gov't always get's their way.

That Gold fringe flag did not stop Larry Flint from winning via the Constitution.

Where did you come up with Ameicans always lose when they argue via the Constitution?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
We touched on this very subject in another thread.

Hopefully this will help enlighten...

US Justice System Controlled by British Maritime Law?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Of course none of that stuff applies to me, or the 20 million other texans.

We went straight from being a mexican state, to independence, to US state, without ever accepting "English Common Law."

That is the reason why, if you go to law school, you take the bar in one of three versions: New York, and similar states; California, and similar states. And Texas.

For instance.

Texas doesn't have "degrees of murder." We recognize manslaughter, murder, and capital murder (the death-penalty kind.)

Similarly, in texas, if you file a homestead on your house, in cannot be taken in a lawsuit by anyone except Texas or the IRS. Credit-card companies go to great lengths to keep it a secret.

In TX, no one can sieze your homestead, 2 cars, 1 bass-boat, your jewelry, 60,000 dollars of personal property(!), you last 100 head of cattle, 20 horses, 50 mules, or 200 chickens.

See, none of that matches what other states see as "common law."

Here are a couple of others:

If a thief is fleeing your home, and you cannot identify him for a line-up later, you can use deadly force to stop him. Coincidentally, texas has one of the lowest per capita home-invasion rates in the US. The law is based on scripture in Leviticus.

You can have an "illegal grand jury" in Texas. The DA brings charges, and shows prima facie evidence of a crime, but the grand jury, if it votes to, can exonerate the accused, regardless of law. This hasn't happened since the late 1970's, but it IS there.

Of more immediate interest, I worked on one case against the "Republic of Texas" people who said that the modern state had no jurisdiction because of the fringe on the flag.

The judge was very even handed and spent about 10 minutes explaining the relevant sections of the texas constitution, that his court was repsected by the texas legislature, and that the fringe on the flag, language used to open court, etc, was irrelevant.

One defendant claimed that he wasn't the accused, because the charges had his name in all caps, and he spelt his name with caps only on the first letter of each word. The judge said he would be allowed to serve his time under any name he chose, if found guilty. Quoted the case of a criminal whose name was mispelled all through his prison career. Basically, the defendant ended up throwing himself on the mercy of the court, said he had been misled by charlatans etc.

MOst of this in TX was started by "jural societies" which claimed you could basically set up your own local govt and disregard elected officials.

It was sad really. Most of them were as much victims (of cult-like leaders) as they were perps.

Except for the dudes that shot at police, and who bought a bunch of stuff using the credit cards of elected officials. THEY were perps alright.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I looked at the other thread posted.

Just to point out, I've never been in a Texas or Federal Court that ever deviated from the principles of the US Constitution and the laws of the state.

If we are under british maritime law, it must be than no one is enforcing it.

I've never seen a judge accept a shoddy warrant, etc.

So how do people's rights get violated by supposedly not being USA?

If the government does indeed "derive its just powers from the consent of the governed," then what jurisdiction matters not as all, as long as you are permitted to invoke rights.

Which I've never seen refused.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The reason the individual didn't perfect the Capital letter process was because you must flat out say "I refuse to enter into contractual agreement with this court" and then turn around and walk out, regardless what the judge says and keep going. They can't have jurisdiction over you unless you surrender it willing. The law of tacit " basically says if you don't say "NO" you automatically said "yes" which applies to every legal system in the western world.
If your board get out a Black's law dictionary and look up capitalization.
Then go thru the roman civil law explanations of various Capitalization
john doe: means bathroom & female dear
John Doe: a name of a person
John DOE: A Soveriegn out of Jurisdiction which is the way all court summons appear
JOHN DOE: A slave with no right but that granted by it's master.

This can't just be a coincidence.
Look at how children are registered for public school. Names are spelled "John DOE" therefore the gov't can't be held accountable for what they teach verus's what the country agreed to when it joined the United Nations because the child has been pulled out of jurisdiction of the country.

When the judge calls your name he says is "JOHN DOE" here?
You simply think he said "John Doe" not reading how your name is spelled on his papers. When you say "here your honor" you just agreed to represent the name in" ALL CAPITAL LETTERS" thus losing your rights, no matter what you say 5 minutes later.

If you say "I don't know who you mean, can I read what you have written down before you say who you are then you can force the judge to cross out the way your name is capitalized and and hand write it in proper english via "John Doe" then agree. I guarentee your case will be moved to a court without the BAR and your case will be dismissed.
You don't even have to go to court but if they come and get you then the above is the process to get out there is also the "Accepted for value "method but I don't completely understand it yet.
These very processes are working in Canada, especially Western Canada.
People are waking up and atarting to see what is really going on and finding ways to get out of it.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yes, the guy went there with all that stuff.

He kept saying that he refused to acknowledge the court's authority over his person, etc.

He got contempt of court, with a show cause hearing after two weeks.

Ironically, he also filed suit against every one of us.

I refused service on his paperwork --- paradoxically, he had mispelt my name. His lawyer tried to tell me it was irrelevant how my name was spelt, that I was still the individual named.

If you know of any court anywhere, I mean a REAL one, that has ever given into this malarky, do let us know.

You will obviously believe whatever you want. I'm telling you I saw guys who believed this crap, and all of them ended up pleading guilty. I never saw it work against a TX or Fed court.

Now, IRS is a different deal. I have heard of people walking out of that one.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thomas Crowne says:

You are incorrect OTS. Sorry. Don't feel like going into it right now, just take my word, and go research.

I don't think so. If you 'don't feel like going into it right now', that is your right, of course. But where I come from, if someone comes up with any assertion, especially a half-baked one like this, it is up to that person to provide some evidence that there is a correlation between that assertion and reality.

The only "evidence" that I have seen for any of this fringe flag myth is that someone took a whole bunch of history snippets out of context and wove them into Another Huge and Sinister Plot, at which point the various conspiracy and embroidery groups have started to discuss and embellish it.

But until I see any evidence of any such "bankruptcy" or "maritime law" in a trustworthy source like Black's or federal/state records, I will consider it to be as bogus as "chem-trails".

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
While I agree wholeheartedly with your views on this fringe fringe business, there are several items that I would like to discuss further and, with all due respect, take issue with.

Dr Strangecraft says:

Of course none of that stuff applies to me, or the 20 million other texans. We went straight from being a mexican state, to independence, to US state, without ever accepting "English Common Law." That is the reason why, if you go to law school, you take the bar in one of three versions: New York, and similar states; California, and similar states. And Texas.

Every single state has its own bar exam, because every single state has its own laws. Texas, like just about every other state, requires their newly-minted attorneys take the and pass Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE), typically as a precursor to getting a license to practice in another state, but that’s not because Texas is unique; as I said earlier, all states are that way. Texas Board of Law Examiners: www.ble.state.tx.us...

The U.S. is a common law country. In all states except Louisiana (which is based on the French civil code), the common law of England was adopted as the general law of the state, EXCEPT when a statute provides otherwise. Common law has no statutory basis; judges establish common law through written opinions that are binding on future decisions of lower courts in the same jurisdiction.

So all your examples are typical statutes which might be found in Texas (or any other state, for that matter). Broad areas of the law, most notably relating to property, contracts and torts are traditionally part of the common law. These areas of the law are mostly within the jurisdiction of the states; thus, state courts are the primary source of common law. Common Law Definitions: www.lectlaw.com...

Texas doesn't have "degrees of murder." We recognize manslaughter, murder, and capital murder (the death-penalty kind.).

Those are different degrees of murder. Different states call them different things, whether first-degree / second degree or murder / capital murder; the difference is semantics.

Similarly, in texas, if you file a homestead on your house, in cannot be taken in a lawsuit by anyone except Texas or the IRS. Credit-card companies go to great lengths to keep it a secret In TX, no one can sieze your homestead, 2 cars, 1 bass-boat, your jewelry, 60,000 dollars of personal property(!), you last 100 head of cattle, 20 horses, 50 mules, or 200 chickens.

I assume you’re talking about Texas Property Code Sec 41.001 (amended 1995). I suggest you take a closer look at 11 USC 522(c)(1), the Federal bankruptcy provisions, etc.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Also, you mention that the Canadians have a Governor-General, and that this is because of admirality law, however, I don't beleive that it is and there was a governor-general lording over canada long long before the time of the alleged bankruptcy. The Governor-General is the representative of the Crown within various parts of the Dominion. I am not sure entirely how it works, but in britian all laws have to meet the implicit approval of the crown, ie the crown can shoot down any law pass by its parliament, and by saying nothing its giving its implicit approval. I think that the Governor-General serves the same function.

Of course, this is a technical and legalistic function, and I can't imagine the riot that'd happen if the canadian governor-general struck down a canadian law.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Of course none of that stuff applies to me, or the 20 million other texans.

We went straight from being a mexican state, to independence, to US state, without ever accepting "English Common Law."

That is the reason why, if you go to law school, you take the bar in one of three versions: New York, and similar states; California, and similar states. And Texas.

Huh? Thats not why. Lots of states accept the NY bar exam as sufficient for their own and maybe require a much smaller and from what I understand far easier bar exam for their own state, with a similar one applying to california. But not because of some historical legalistic matter like that.

Thats what the lawyers I know've said anyway. Is there some site that explains this in some detail? Sounds curious.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The flag that you think is the real American flag is in fact the Flag of Martial Law.

The Gold Fringe represents a military court.

The tassels denote an Admiralty court.

GET THAT GOLD FRINGE OFF MY FLAG

This is the real American Flag:

The United States Civil Flag of Peacetime

Your world has been turned upside down right in front of your eyes and no one tells you because anyone that understands benefits from it all.

www.wealth4freedom.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'll defer to anybody here (and there are several) who seems to know more about the sources and meanings of common law than I. Where laws came from and how they are applied is not my specialty.

As to the rest,

show me a court case that was invalidated due to the presence/absence of various symbols in the room, i.e., flags with the presence or absence of a particular fringe, state seal, etc.

Show me how someone was deprived of constitutional rights because we are actually living in a military or other district.

There are thousands of cases being tried in each state, every day. How is this such a big, dark secret, when lawyers use every tools of their craft. How come no one has noticed?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Dr. Strangecraft, you are one hundred percent correct. This whole business about odd-ball colored flags or tassels or fringes is, well, pretty "fringie".

Notice that no one can show any evidence at all for any of these assertions. However, there are a bunch of peoplw who, for one reason or another, simply need to believe such things; I don't know why.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is what I was able to find

It is believed by some historians that the Civil Flag was discontinued after the War between the States, the Civil War when the federal government imposed military governments in the States and disbanded civilian government. As a show of it's power over the States, Civil Flags were discontinued and Old Glory became the sole emblem representing the People of the United States of America, united under military (or admiralty) rule.

For over 100 years, the Civilian U.S. Flag was flown by a select citizenry that could afford to buy them. While most were of the design of the Customs Bureau and it's American Eagle, many continued to adorn the original look from 1777 with a constellation of stars on a blue field and with red and white vertical stripes. By 1900, the Civil Flag had all but disappeared except for the occasional use by the government's revenue cutters and more recently, the Coast Guard with a modified design. By 1980, nearly all documentation of the Civil Flag had been omitted in school text books and it's existence left as a mystery in a few old photographs and a rare mention in classic books.

Civilian Merchant Appraisers from 1919

In Nathaniel Hawthorne's book The Scarlet Letter, published in 1850, the introduction, titled "The Custom House," includes this description:

"From the loftiest point of its roof, during precisely three and a half hours of each forenoon, floats or droops, in breeze or calm, the banner of the republic; but with the thirteen stripes turned vertically, instead of horizontally, and thus indicating that a civil, and not a military post of Uncle Sam's government, is here established."

This is a photograph of a "modern" custom house located in Eagle Alaska and here on one pole both flags are seen flying. This unusual photo with both the military and civilian flags was sent to us by Walter Kenaston who snapped this shot in 1997. Notice that the military flag is flying on top, in the "superior" position above the civil custom flag and there is no Alaska State flag.

You may recall in the old Westerns, "Old Glory" has her stripes running sideways and a military yellow fringe. Most of these films are historically accurate about that; their stories usually took place in the territories still under military law and not yet states. Before WWII, no U.S. flag, civil or military, flew within the forty-eight states (except in federal settings); only state flags did. Since then, the U.S. government seems to have decided the supposedly sovereign states are its territories too, so it asserts its military power over them under the "law of the flag."

History book publishers contribute to the public's miseducation by always picturing the flag in military settings, creating the impression that the one with horizontal stripes is the only one there is. They don't actually lie; they just tell half the truth. For example, the "first American flag" they show Betsy Ross sewing at George Washington's request, was for the Revolution - of course it was military.

The U.S. government has refrained from and discouraged flying the civil flag since the War between the States, the Civil War, as that war is still going on. Peace has never been declared, nor have hostilities against the people ended. The government is still operating under quasi-military martial rule.

Today the U.S. military flag appears alongside, or in place of, the state flags in nearly all locations within the states. All of the state courts and even the municipal ones now openly display it. This should have raised serious questions from many citizens long ago, but we've been educated to listen and believe what we are told, not to ask questions, or think or search for the truth.

As usual you will draw your own conclusions, interesting to say the least.....

I like this one the best..

By 1980, nearly all documentation of the Civil Flag had been omitted in school text books and it's existence left as a mystery in a few old photographs and a rare mention in classic books.

Makes you wonder why they would phase out such history of the country...

linkage

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

(Source)
The Internet contains many sites that claim that the fringe indicates martial law or that the Constitution does not apply in that area. These are entirely unfounded (usually citing Executive Order 10834 and inventing text that is not part of the order) and should be dismissed as urban legends.

The yellow fringe is meaningless. Please do your part to stop spreading this completely unfounded myth.

More flag urban legends, including the Nathaniel Hawthorne inspired peacetime/wartime myth:

flagspot.net...!ful.html

Zip

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join