It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving Eve Blizzard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I know you all love hearing this. What a joy holiday travel is. Lets mix in the possibility of a major snow or even worse... a blizzard. This is what may be in order for the northeast for the 23rd and 24th of this month. Right now the models are forecasting a 975mb low to move up the east coast. To the west of it would be a 1024 mb high. A 50mb pressure difference is pretty big. The forecast calls for cold air to be pulled in behind this low. The question will be exactly when does the cold air get mixed in and how much of this will be rain and how much of this will be snow. There will definately be enough wind to go with this. I am thinking that either way this storm will pose big problems on what is the busiest travel day of the year. The following links contain images from the latest Medium Range Forecast model run. The first set shows the advance of the cold air over the two days. The second set shows the advance of the precipitation.

Cold Air Advances
www.climatepatrol.com...
www.climatepatrol.com...
www.climatepatrol.com...

Rain
www.climatepatrol.com...
www.climatepatrol.com...
www.climatepatrol.com...

And as if this isn't enough there are signs that mother nature may have something nastier up her sleve for the first week of December. I'll keep an eye on that and keep you posted if that storm develops. I'll also keep things updated on this potential Thanksgiving Eve mess.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm not traveling, and I love snow, so I don't mind

But I doubt there'll be major snow in NYC that early, we'll probably get mostly rain if this thing does materialize.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I want snow. I missed it while in Arizona, and now i cant wait!!!

I am travelling 1 mile for Thanksgiving and i can deal with a snowstorm

Bring it on!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
this could happen... the weather has been kraZy this year...anything can happen... i feel that this Winter will be one of the worst

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Looking at the lastest forecast models this storm is still on track. Apparently NY has had some warm times of late. Thats going to change in a big way

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I remember a Thanksgiving (maybe in the 80's sometime) when we had a blizzard.(my dad couldn't make it her for dinner and he worked for the road crews before he retired) And a few years ago we had a blizzard on the first Friday of December -- I really remember it because we have a dinner to go to on the North Shore every year that night -- and the only people who showed up were folks with 4 wheel drive. And since I am the designated driver I had to drive home in that slop. NOT FUN!!! So it isn't that unusual to have snow then. Oh -- I am talking the Eastern End of Long Island, NY btw.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
here is what our meteorologists are saying about it here in Missouri. The storm that will hit you is forming over us right now. You all are the lucky ducks who are going to get it....Im jealous.

This storm will become a MAJOR storm as it heads East through the week. Here is a look at Tuesday afternoon... travel will be messy in the Eastern part of the country:

the map they show for Tuesday is looking pretty fabulous for you all. If you dont grab a sled and enjoy it, I will be very dissapointed in you! Seriously, a killer snow storm during vacation time.
I so wish I was there.

[edit on 19-11-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm in Northern California.

Our forecast for Thanksgiving is sunny and warm with a high of 72 F and a low of about 42 F.

What is ...."Snow"?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
WHAT IS SNOW?

There you have it. Its a nuisance but nice~~~

top topics

join