It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are virus or germs souls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
was wondering if viruses or germs ,bacteria are souls ? as in why would they want to destory some of our cells ? wat is the energy behind the force of these virus or germs or bacteria tat allow them to move about or to destory our cells ? are virus sort of a harmful soul?

[edit on 18-11-2005 by wein]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Good question,

What is the line that defines a soul from a purely chemical reaction? It must happen at some point, I do not however know.

Perhaps it is only when the organism becomes sentient that it occurs, perhaps the soul is something itself that occurs from 'life forces' once it is sentient?

[edit on 18/11/05 by Strodyn]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I don't know how you came to this conclusion. Probably belongs more in the Skunk Works forum, but I'll try to shine some light on it anyway.

Viruses are parasitic. They attack your cells, inject DNA into it and take over them in order to replicate (and thus survive). There is some debate as to whether a virus is even a living organism or not. Some people say it is never alive, some say when it is in a cell, it meets the 10 Requirements of Life so it is alive, etc etc. Confusing topic. Why does a virus attack? Dunno. I guess the same reason as everything else on Earth... survival. Just they have evolved to do it in a very unique way.

By "germs", I will assume you mean any form of malevolent bacteria (as opposed to the good kind in yogurt, etc
) Bacteria are living, single-celled organisms that tend to like the human body as a place to live an reproduce. They can either be aerobic (need oxygen to survive) or anaerobic (do not need/cannot live in an oxygen environment). I don't see how you can say bacteria is a soul any more than an elephant is though. You could debate that it HAS a soul, but not that it IS one.

I don't see how you can relate germs or viruses to the human soul though, just because you don't understand either very well. You started off asking a question, and then saying something that immediately disproves it. Never a good start.

"Was wondering if dogs and cats are cheese? as in why would they taste like meat?"

Unless I read something wrong...

So in short, I do not feel you need to worry about getting possessed by the flu.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
souls of humans are souls of humans

souls of plants are souls of plants

souls of items are souls of items

souls dont have to be souls of humans do they?

so was asking if viruses or germs are souls (universal term of souls) and their reason for being harmful or where do they even get the force or energy or even move ot destory other cells

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Viruses and germs are harmful for the same reason any animal is harmful, because it has to be. Lions have to be harmful to kill zebras, so they can eat. Viruses and bacteria live in the same way, attacking cells to get what they need to survive and reproduce. Most of them that live in animals are there because they need the warmth and can't survive out on their own. Viruses aren't just crazy rebels that go around destroying stuff because they are anarchists.... they do it for survival.

Not all bacteria is harmful. Some types of bacteria are necessary in the human body, just for us to be alive.

Where would they get their energy? I don't know the exact process (I bet since there is such a variety of bacteria, there are many different ways of doing it), but the purpose of most metabolic activities is to produce ATP, Adenosine Tri-Phosphate, the most basic form of energy that basically every type of organism uses.

As for movement, many types of bacteria only move 1/1000th of a millimetre in their entire lifetime (which is usually measured in minutes).

Your questions are all pretty easily explained, but it will take a whole lot of biology and terminology that may be considered pretty complex.

You are making a lot of assumptions in your question as well. Some people don't even think that humans have souls. A lot of people don't think animals have souls. And I'm not sure many people really even worry/debate if single-celled organisms have souls or not.

Do viruses/bacteria have souls?: We can't even decide if humans really have souls at this point.

Where do they get their energy?: Through chemical processes, most likely a very simple form of cellular respiration. I don't know if they are complex enough for glycolysis, kreb's cycle, and the cytochrome system.

If you ask in the Science & Technology forum, you might get much better answers.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Do sperms have souls? Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wein

Don't know about viruses or germs, but I have a theory about parasites......

I believe that parasites are the Biblical "demons" we've failed to recognize. They invade the body, "possess" it, and literally manipulate it's functions to produce a better environment for it to live in. It can screw with your hormones and even make you crave certain foods or tell you you're hungry when you're not. Some parasites can even stop a woman's menstrual cycles, or keep them from stopping. Considering that they can invade virtually any part of the body, including the brain, I'd say they pretty well fit into the "horror" category of demonic beings. Parasites have been linked to psychosis, rage, extreme violent crimes from otherwise normal citizens, and the list goes on.

Even the Bible eluded to a huge hint when Jesus cast out demons into a herd of swine which then ran off a cliff. Why swine? Well, today we know that pork is the number one cause of parasitic transport into the human body. Red meats are not far behind, and ANY meats that aren't cooked well-done are basically welcome mats for the "vampires", (which don't like garlic, by the way). Vampires, demons......same, same.

new topics

top topics

join