It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a wandering Bioelecticalpulse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
U-IV-IA

I would go with, it will keep some people guessing for days.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
That's tight. I like the syntax better than what I had. I'm going to change the capitalization to pronounce the first letter of my first name which mysteriously shows up in it.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Look at all my points. Woohoo!!!

Guess I need to get an opinion on something and quick. LOL. Please don't change the secret board to 10,000 till I can get 3,500.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well, this place is getting a little arse about, with quantity prevailing hugely over quality.

There are dozens of useless posts being posted, it's sometimes harder to weed them out when scanning Topics of interest, and the frequency of new topic commencements is increasing as a result of new members wanting purported benefits like the Really Above Top Secret Forum, while the value of the topics themselves is declining. That is not a sweeping generalization, but anyone who takes the time to read every Topic will have to agree.

Therein lies a dilemma for a potential quality poster like yourself, stick to one bloody name! Did you ask William about the possibility of accruing your points?

I would personally rather see that Forum restricted on grounds other than just rapidly accumulated points, but with so much tweaking and disruption (mostly necessary it seems) going on the voice of the loyal "customer" has become largely lost, and the content quality of some segments appears to be in freefall spiral for a while.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Well, this place is getting a little arse about, with quantity prevailing hugely over quality.

There are dozens of useless posts being posted, it's sometimes harder to weed them out when scanning Topics of interest, and the frequency of new topic commencements is increasing as a result of new members wanting purported benefits like the Really Above Top Secret Forum, while the value of the topics themselves is declining. That is not a sweeping generalization, but anyone who takes the time to read every Topic will have to agree.

I see that's true. I personally don't have the time to post much of anything new. Anyway, it's probably already been posted. I resign myself to responding to what's already here. I really don't care about Really Above Top Secret but it seemed like a noobie thing to say. I agree points should not take over for quality posts. I'm here for the same reason I'm involved in several yahoo groups; to network with like minded individuals. Yahoo groups has no points so I'll try to keep the same mentality here.

Therein lies a dilemma for a potential quality poster like yourself, stick to one bloody name! Did you ask William about the possibility of accruing your points?

Nah. Seriously, not actually worried about the points. About my "bloody" name, well, I needed to find something that fit and was original but I also wanted to start participating immediately so I picked the first name that came to mind. I'm happy with this one. Actually, the other two can be deleted as far as I'm concerned. It was only a total of like 1000 points anyway. And third time's the charm.

I would personally rather see that Forum restricted on grounds other than just rapidly accumulated points, but with so much tweaking and disruption (mostly necessary it seems) going on the voice of the loyal "customer" has become largely lost, and the content quality of some segments appears to be in freefall spiral for a while.

Hmmm. Disruption. How long ago did the research forums start? I wonder if it's about the same time. ATS x Serious Research could be an issue for some. Disruption is always their halmark. Some just do the work for them without realizing it. Coming in trying to put their footprint down. Egos abound.

As for me I'm figuring it out and grooving my niche. Looking towards some long term research projects and hoping to tap some intellect here. I was kinda like a dog walking around on his bed to get it comfortable. Don't want to step on toes. Too much knowledge and learning at stake for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join