It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas from FEMA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
FEMA gives Katrina Evacuees living in motels and hotels a December 1 deadline to relocate.

FEMA to stop paying for most hurricane evacuee hotel rooms on Dec. 1

WASHINGTON – FEMA will stop paying for hotel rooms for most evacuees of hurricanes Katrina and Rita on Dec. 1, officials said Tuesday as the agency pushed victims to find more stable housing.
Housing advocates said they fear that won't be enough time for an estimated 53,000 families – mostly in Texas, Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi – who remain in hotels.

I don't want my tax dollars to pay for these people for the rest of their lives, but wait, can't they put them in trailers or something before kicking them out on their collective behinds. It's only been a few months since they were evacuated. Most don't have homes to go to. Can't FEMA do better than this?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Deadline extended one month

Stung by charges it is pushing hurricane victims out before the holidays, FEMA extended its hotel housing program Tuesday by a month in 10 states that have received victims of Katrina and Rita. ... now have until Jan. 7 before the Federal Emergency Management Agency stops paying their hotel bills.

Well, that's better than Dec 1, eh?

I would think another month would help, but it's still going to be a mess after the first of the year.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
In my opinion, FEMA should not "evict" anyone unless they have an alternate location for these people to live. These people are living a nightmare and the agency that was designed to help them is just making their lives worse.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I agree that they shouldn't be kicked out on their collective butts, but it is our hard earned tax money that's paying for their temporary housing.

I live in Florida, & I've seen enough evacuees here, & most of them are being as nasty as they can to the service industry. I had one guy get pissy with Me, because he thought I was "eyeballing" his stuff in the hotel room as I delivered his pizza.

I didn't want his crap, I was just watching the pile of crap in his room, & all over his room, to make sure there wasn't someone hiding in it with a gun. Being careful is part of what's kept Me from being robbed in 12 years of pizza delivery.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So much for 'Emergency Management.'

Is this type of shelter placement detailed in there job description?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Can't FEMA do better than this?

I think in recent months they have proven that no, they can't.
They are far too incompetent to be able to do any better.

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've been living in a hotel now for nearly 8 weeks while I'm between houses (nothing to do with Katrina). While having someone clean up after my family and eating out most nights is nice, I still can't wait to get into our house tomorrow. Katrina evacuees have been there for months now - I can't imagine what has taken them so long to find more permanent housing.
Especially since FEMA has been routinely putting the word out that the evacuees need to find more permanent housing for weeks, if not months. I do my best to avoid watching TV news or listening to the news on the radio, yet even I knew that FEMA was trying to get people out of the hotels. Hell, there was even a huge ad in today's USA TODAY stating as much. Most hotels provide these to guests every day. Surely this isn't the first notice these folks have had that the clock is ticking. I say FEMA needs to stick to their guns.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
FEMA is an illuminati front. Just like the United Nations and the Council on Foreign Relations. FEMA is a facilitator of chaos. Order from Chaos is an illuminati mantra. New Orleans post Katrina is an introduction of a police state experiment in this country. Keep in mind that you had Blackwater private security forces on the ground by Wednesday of that week disarming law abiding citizens.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   

FEMA is an illuminati front. Just like the United Nations and the Council on Foreign Relations. FEMA is a facilitator of chaos. Order from Chaos is an illuminati mantra. New Orleans post Katrina is an introduction of a police state experiment in this country.

Ive never really understood this particular theory about FEMA being a front for the illuminati. If they are, than the illuminati are doing a poor job of taking over the world. They made the disaster worse than it originally was. If FEMA (or, da da da da, the ILLUMINATI) can't handle one single event like this without having to get a new Head of the administration, etc, first, than taking over the world seems like setting the bar a couple hundred notches too high.

Keep in mind that you had Blackwater private security forces on the ground by Wednesday of that week disarming law abiding citizens.

This however, is a more reasonable threat to be worried about. However, I can understand their deployment due to the fact that the local authorities could not handle the situation. If the bad apples abuse the right to wield arms in situations like this, than they are going to spoil it for all in emergencies like this.

Anyway, enough rambling.

new topics

top topics

join