It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Government Accountability Office report confirms key 2004 STOLEN election findings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The latest critical confirmation of key indicators that the election of 2004 was stolen comes in an extremely powerful, penetrating report from the Government Accountability Office that has gotten virtually no mainstream media coverage.

The Free Press

The government's lead investigative agency is known for its general incorruptibility and its thorough, in-depth analyses. Its concurrence with assertions widely dismissed as "conspiracy theories" adds crucial new weight to the case that Team Bush has no legitimate business being in the White House.

The United States is the only major democracy that allows private partisan corporations to secretly count and tabulate the votes with proprietary non-transparent software. Rev. Jesse Jackson, among others, has asserted that "public elections must not be conducted on privately-owned machines." The CEO of one of the most crucial suppliers of electronic voting machines, Warren O'Dell of Diebold, pledged before the 2004 campaign to deliver Ohio and thus the presidency to George W. Bush.

Among other things, the GAO confirms that:

1. Some electronic voting machines "did not encrypt cast ballots or system audit logs, and it was possible to alter both without being detected." In other words, the GAO now confirms that electronic voting machines provided an open door to flip an entire vote count. More than 800,000 votes were cast in Ohio on electronic voting machines, some seven times Bush's official margin of victory.

2. "It was possible to alter the files that define how a ballot looks and works so that the votes for one candidate could be recorded for a different candidate." Numerous sworn statements and affidavits assert that this did happen in Ohio 2004.

3. "Vendors installed uncertified versions of voting system software at the local level." Falsifying election results without leaving any evidence of such an action by using altered memory cards can easily be done, according to the GAO.

4. The GAO also confirms that access to the voting network was easily compromised because not all digital recording electronic voting systems (DREs) had supervisory functions password-protected, so access to one machine provided access to the whole network. This critical finding confirms that rigging the 2004 vote did not require a "widespread conspiracy" but rather the cooperation of a very small number of operatives with the power to tap into the networked machines and thus change large numbers of votes at will. With 800,000 votes cast on electronic machines in Ohio, flipping the number needed to give Bush 118,775 could be easily done by just one programmer.

5. Access to the voting network was also compromised by repeated use of the same user IDs combined with easily guessed passwords. So even relatively amateur hackers could have gained access to and altered the Ohio vote tallies.

6. The locks protecting access to the system were easily picked and keys were simple to copy, meaning, again, getting into the system was an easy matter.

7. One DRE model was shown to have been networked in such a rudimentary fashion that a power failure on one machine would cause the entire network to fail, re-emphasizing the fragility of the system on which the Presidency of the United States was decided.

8. GAO identified further problems with the security protocols and background screening practices for vendor personnel, confirming still more easy access to the system.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now thats some Pretty Interesting Stuff they found.

What do you Think?

That Bush&Co Won Fiar and Square?

I Seriously DOUBT THAT, but still I will let you decide upon the Information in front of you. And for all those Demanding Readers, here is the Full Report from the United States Goverment Accountability Office:

www.gao.gov...

mod edit to shorten lengthy quote

[edit on 15-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The problem is that Republicans dont mind. They dont care if this was stolen or not. The end results is the only thing that matters to most of them, imho, anything would have been woth it to have the morals and high standards we now have...
Go figure

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The problem is that Republicans dont mind. They dont care if this was stolen or not. The end results is the only thing that matters to most of them, imho, anything would have been woth it to have the morals and high standards we now have...
Go figure

True.

Well ofcourse they DON'T Mind stayig in Power - Who would?

I wonder what kind of HELL Would break loose, if this Office found out that Clinton Won by an Election fraud?

Democrats BAD - Democrats Filthy Cheaters, Thiefs and Liars!

When Bush&Co does it - Eeee, Its OK!

And all this Reports are just a part of the Anti-Bush-Neo-Liberal-Anti-War Propaganda Crap, right?

I really wonder sometimes, what would happen to the American People if ONE DAY somebody would tell them all the TRUTH about their current Administration.

I think that would be too much to handle.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
maybe u guys should read the whole entire report because it sure as hell dont say anithing about the election being stolen. its more about recommendations about how to fix the voting system after the 2000 election problems. its more like the author is making a critical analysis base on the author's intrepretation of the report that the GAO reported. and not on fact.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
maybe u guys should read the whole entire report because it sure as hell dont say anithing about the election being stolen. its more about recommendations about how to fix the voting system after the 2000 election problems. its more like the author is making a critical analysis base on the author's intrepretation of the report that the GAO reported. and not on fact.

Are you Sure about that?

From the Article:

The GAO findings are particularly damning when set in the context of an election run in Ohio by a Secretary of State simultaneously working as co-chair of the Bush-Cheney campaign. Far from what election theft skeptics have long asserted, the GAO findings confirm that the electronic network on which 800,000 Ohio votes were cast was vulnerable enough to allow a a tiny handful of operatives -- or less -- to turn the whole vote count using personal computers operating on relatively simple software.

But the GAO report now confirms that electronic voting machines as deployed in 2004 were in fact perfectly engineered to allow a very small number of partisans with minimal computer skills and equipment to shift enough votes to put George W. Bush back in the White House.

Hmmmmmmmm...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Souljah, read the GAO report. sure its long but its a good reading.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Now why would he bother actually reading a report that doesn't meet with his adgenda?!?

He normally gets second hand opinions and posts those instead of researching the original reports. Most likely he will state that the GAO report was fabricated by the Bush administration with the help of Isreal.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
He normally gets second hand opinions and posts those instead of researching the original reports. Most likely he will state that the GAO report was fabricated by the Bush administration with the help of Isreal.

Do you have a Comment Regarding the Topic?

If not, I suggest you do not Waste Space in this Thread.

Have YOU read the GAO Report?

Have YOU read the original Post?

[edit on 15/11/05 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

second hand opinions and posts those instead of researching the original reports. Most likely he will state that the GAO report was fabricated by the Bush administration with the help of Isreal.

That is my comment regarding the initial thread. You obviously have not read the GAO report because you have yet to refute the previous comments by deltaboy.

When your wrong, at least admit it. We may have very opposing views on a wide range of issues but you'd at least gain respect.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by ferretman]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Jst wanted to add an interesting little tidbit to this thread.
Ohio's still at it.

The religious right were against issues 2-5... Hmmm. Wonder how they managed to get what they wanted?

*cough* Blackwell *cough*

The Staggeringly Impossible Results of Ohio's '05 Election

ISSUE 1 ($2 Billion State Bond initiative)
PRE-POLLING: 53% Yes, 27% No, 20% Undecided
FINAL RESULT: 54% Yes, 45% No

ISSUE 2 (Allow easier absentee balloting)
PRE-POLLING: 59% Yes, 33% No, 9% Undecided
FINAL RESULT: 36% Yes, 63% No

ISSUE 3 (Revise campaign contribution limits)
PRE-POLLING: 61% Yes, 25% No, 14% Undecided
FINAL RESULT: 33% Yes, 66% No

ISSUE 4 (Ind. Comm. to draw Congressional Districts)
PRE-POLLING: 31% Yes, 45% No, 25% Undecided
FINAL RESULT: 30% Yes, 69% No

ISSUE 5 (Ind. Board instead of Sec. of State to oversee elections)
PRE-POLLING: 41% Yes, 43% No, 16% Undecided
FINAL RESULT: 29% Yes, 70% No
Those would be the very same Electronic Voting Machines which a recent GAO Report (still unmentioned by a single wire-service or mainstream American newspaper) confirmed to be easily hackable.

Will the absurdly skewed results from last Tuesday's Ohio Election finally light a fire under the media -- either nationally or just in Ohio alone -- to look into what the hell is going on here?! We remain hopeful...if not optimistic.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Souljah, all the report says is that it was possible.

It does not say that the elections were stolen, or even that it was likely. Frankly, every election ever conducted had the possibility of being stolen.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ok someone says that software could be hacked, not that it WAS but it could be. I submit that every voting method since the history of elections COULD be hacked in some way. Oh but I see, we don't need any proof that anything WAS hacked right? Just some crazy ideas that fit a political agenda. If people are so worried about voter fraud why are the dems the ones blocking every piece of legislation that is meant to stop voter fraud? I know this is a conspiracy site but SHOW me the proof, REAL proof. The dems probably just think that with all the felons, dead people, and multi-voters it's impossible for them to lose.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
and someone will always find a way to do it, no matter how sophisticated they get. Between complete voter fraud, to intimidation and bribery, politicians will always find a way, but I agree with APOC, I see no real proof, just possibility in this article.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The Title Quote was Said by World Famous Joseph Stalin.

Nice Quote Ey?

Anyway,

For all those Non-Belivers, who still Think that Bush won Fair&Square:

What Happened in Ohio

Prison Planet - Election 2004 Vote Fraud

Election 2004 Issues: Theories and Counter-Theories

Election Fraud 2004

The 2004 US Elections: The Mother of all Vote Frauds

Another Year of Distorted Election Coverege

2004 US Election Contraversies and Irregularities

[edit on 16/11/05 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Are you reading this the same way I am?

The GAO findings are particularly damning when set in the context of an election run in Ohio by a Secretary of State simultaneously working as co-chair of the Bush-Cheney campaign. Far from what election theft skeptics have long asserted, the GAO findings confirm that the electronic network on which 800,000 Ohio votes were cast was vulnerable enough to allow a a tiny handful of operatives -- or less -- to turn the whole vote count using personal computers operating on relatively simple software.

Something COULD have been hacked, something WAS vulnerable. Meaning I don't know if it was, but it could have been...... Maybe I am missing something, so I'll read it again.... Hardly confirming an election was "stolen" though....

[edit on 16-11-2005 by CogitoErgoSum1]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Random people were also aloud to take the machines home where they could have done anything to the machines. The protective sticker came off easily and stuck back on just fine repeatedly, video is available.

People found the original printouts from the machines in the trash and fake ones in their place. The machine tabulating all the results was just a standard unprotected windows pc, an SK noob could hack in and alter the database file.

Any politician with diebold in their pockets would have rigged the vote, there is no such thing as an honest politician. The next elecion will be very interesting, i predict a total failure in network telecomunication systems in the US.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Go figure

The GOA is more often than not wrong about so many things; especially the economy.... and they are hardly non-partisan
HHmmmmm if fire fighters fight fighters, and crimefighters fight crime... then what are freedom fighters?

Oh, and by the way..... America is not, and has never been (thankfully) a democracy.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Random people were also aloud to take the machines home where they could have done anything to the machines. The protective sticker came off easily and stuck back on just fine repeatedly, video is available.

People found the original printouts from the machines in the trash and fake ones in their place. The machine tabulating all the results was just a standard unprotected windows pc, an SK noob could hack in and alter the database file.

Any politician with diebold in their pockets would have rigged the vote, there is no such thing as an honest politician. The next elecion will be very interesting, i predict a total failure in network telecomunication systems in the US.

Ninja..... isn't there a spell checker in here somewhere?
No machines are allowed to leave a voting place, and the stickers are tamper-proof, like the ones used for the expiration date on license plates. The other two companies who make voting machines are owned by Democrats...... doesn't seem to be anything here about that.

It will never happen, but it's time to go back to paper ballots, and no absentee ballots except for military who are overseas.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Souljah, there are just as many links that describe Demokrauts vote fraud, which goes back 40 years...... I've seen it so very often.

Grab a link and look at the county by county vote results from the past two elections..... great example as to the importance of the electoral college.

Thank whatever Creator you choose that Ohio did the right thing by voting down propositions 2 through 5. I've read all 7000 words, and they were not good changes for ANY voter, but it sure favored the dems. Those initiatives weren't even started by Ohioans. Trace the money back, and you find Orgs like International Answer (Commies) and George Soros... another commie.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Whether you believe that the election was stolen or just that there is a POSSIBILITY to allow the election to be stolen, someone must make the point, WHY ARE THEY STILL USING THESE G_DAMN MACHINES?? I have seen the reports on them. I am not a hacker, just a regular guy with lots of knowledge of computers, and I guarantee that I could hack this thing. Hell, they even had the RS232 ports exposed on these things in the voting booths.

To me the question is not, who won the election, or was the result stacked? The question is, how can the electorate tolerate such a shoddy voting machine. Ooooh, look at the pretty touch screen! So G-DAMN what?
I say go back to good old optical scanners, you know, scantron! Those are the most reliable machines and they leave an easily verifiable paper trail.

BTW guys, this IS a conspiracy site. If you don't see conspiracy here, and it doesn't bother you, where would you see it, and where would it bother you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join