It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV - Closer to a cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A British man's claim to have cleared himself of the virus that causes AIDS has researchers clamouring to run more tests on him.

Andrew Stimpson, 25, tested negative for HIV 14 months after a confirmed positive test. If true, his would be the first documented case of a person purging the virus from the body.

I believed this would happen, just not so soon. Maybe science will be able to find a cure from this guy who has rid himself of the
virus.

CBC News:
HIV-infected British man believed freed of virus

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was thinking that maybe this guy had a false-positive result...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've been thinking that there might have been a false positive too, but I also read something about this guy going to court when he found out he was no longer HIV positive and the court ruled that there was no false positive or other kind of error.

There are also cases in the world with people who are HIV positive that have had it for over 20 years and never developed AIDS, these people are activly helping the science community with their bodies too.

And btw, this guy isn't claiming anything.

I think this case goes to show that if given enough time, the human body can overcome everything.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I've heard of this happening..
A friend of mine is a big reader of insiders magazines and claimed that 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide (the stuff you get from the chemist when you want to bleach your hair really harshly) in a glass of orange juice once a day ridded the body of AIDS.
He was saying one of his friends had done this and it actually worked without any HIV medication.
Of course I cannot validate this and its pretty much hearsay to be posting it on ATS (especially because im so new here!) however my friend is very convinced it saved his mates life.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by under4orce
I've heard of this happening..
A friend of mine is a big reader of insiders magazines and claimed that 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide (the stuff you get from the chemist when you want to bleach your hair really harshly) in a glass of orange juice once a day ridded the body of AIDS.
He was saying one of his friends had done this and it actually worked without any HIV medication.
Of course I cannot validate this and its pretty much hearsay to be posting it on ATS (especially because im so new here!) however my friend is very convinced it saved his mates life.

Can someone confirm this wouldn't be dangerous?

It would be a nice thing to keep in the back of one's mind I recon...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Has anyone heard about Magic Johnson lately? I hear he is back to normal and in the best shape of his life. I believe if you have enough money their is always a cure for anything.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Let me jsut say HIV does not cause AIDS, AIDS is a breakdown of the immune system. HIV is a virus which "some" scienists claims break down the immune system by killing off white blood cells. If you read up on the basic rule of viruses you will see that the HIV virus is not capable of breaking down the immune system.
I dont believe any person suffering from AIDS should take any sort of medication other than eating healthy and trying to exercise.
HIV is a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The first case of HIV being cured? I thought Magic Johnson was cured?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
The first case of HIV being cured? I thought Magic Johnson was cured?

I think its cured without any medical intervention.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
After reading this story yesterday on another site my first thought was something was wrong with the last test that came back HIV negative. THe way the story read they made it sounds like the initial positive tests were confirmed so they are sure that he had HIV, but never say anything about the negative test being confirmed? Is it possible that the guy had HIV and still does but for some reason the last test said negative and the guy doesn't want to restest for fear that it will say positive again? Maybe he wont retest because he doesn't want to know and will feel better thinking he doesn't have it?

Originally posted by wang
Let me jsut say HIV does not cause AIDS, AIDS is a breakdown of the immune system. HIV is a virus which "some" scienists claims break down the immune system by killing off white blood cells. If you read up on the basic rule of viruses you will see that the HIV virus is not capable of breaking down the immune system.
I dont believe any person suffering from AIDS should take any sort of medication other than eating healthy and trying to exercise.
HIV is a conspiracy.

Can you please explain why a virus can't breakdown the immune system because I'm no medical or biology expert by any means.

After reading this post I did a little reading and it says HHIV is a retrovirus that attacks CD4+ T cells, macrophages and dendritic cells and even destroys CD4+T cells which are required for the proper functioning of the immune system, when enough CD4+ cells have been destroyed by HIV, the immune system barely works, leading to AIDS.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
my biology teacher was saying that there are prostitutes in Africa that are immune to AIDS.

she thinks scientists are trying to find a cure from them.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The way i came to find this information was by watching a documentry called "HIV and AIDS" it was made back in about 1997, which states this 10 scientific reasons why HIV can not kill off T-cells.
LINK
These are the 10 reasons they point out in the documentry.
If this does not convince you then i express that you try to find the documentry in mention.

Also do some research on Robert Gallo who acuturly developed the method used to diaognose AIDS patients. He was studying how other similar retro-viruses to HIV casue cancer befor the AIDS epidemic broke. Also if you look abit deeper or even remember the news from the early 80's he was sued by a french sceintist Luc Montagnier, because he stole Lucs results when they were sent to america for testing.
Gallo is a shady science figure, and we are totaly basing our whole research around his hypothesis that HIV can kill t-cells.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that there already is a cure for HIV, Aids, and numerous other diseases. But all of these diseases bring in way too much money through testing, and treatment, and general healthcare. Not only that, but it's certainly also a hell of a form of population control.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by evilgenyus]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilgenyus
I'm of the opinion that there already is a cure for HIV, Aids, and numerous other diseases. But all of these diseases bring in way too much money through testing, and treatment, and general healthcare. Not only that, but it's certainly also a hell of a form of population control.

If you look at the rediculous amounts and cocktails of medicines people with AIDS have to take, I think your 100% right with saying they bring in to much money.

I wouldn't really be surprised if in the future there are some superbugs released on the population DeusEx style that were 100% created by a lab with the purpouse of population control and domination.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wang that link you posted is very interesting. They basically state the facts for why the believe HIV is not responsible for AIDS. If HIV isn't responsible for causing AIDS I wonder what is
I once heard someone say that AIDS works like a machine when you watch it at the microscopic level which is why some believe it was created as a weapon or means of population control. I was wondering if anyone knows more about why or how AIDS is compared to a machine? I would think all virus's would mimic a machine to some extent in the sense that they relplicate etc?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Since your asking and i have the reading list on hand......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second post from the top.....

Stellar

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I often hate the play the crazy conspiracy theorist, but riddle me this:

What would be an easy, "who's it really gonna hurt" way to slow down reproduction?

Making people afraid of having sex.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by white4life420
I often hate the play the crazy conspiracy theorist, but riddle me this:

What would be an easy, "who's it really gonna hurt" way to slow down reproduction?

Making people afraid of having sex.

I think you'll need a stronger insentive to stop people from screwing around :p

Death just isn't strong enough a reason.

Just look at how STD's are spreading like wildfire.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You know one think crossed my mind, i mean we see people in dieing of Aids all the time, and i honestly dont no...do they even have the money to buy the medicine, if they don't and they are hiv positive then that means that the hiv virus does break down the immune system and leads to aids...i mean how can some of the poor villagers pay for the medicine.

top topics

join