It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

frequent ringing noise in my ear

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Electro pressure? Cool, i can't feel that!!! You have developed it in some ways, or just got it natural??

About people feeling when you stare em from behind... lol yes that's cool!!! Once it saved me during a maths test!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I do agree with the nerve damage theory - my left side of my face (ear) has these high pitched tones but over the last couple of years the doc has said I have facial nerve damage on the left side of my face as well which is freakin me out.
I know exactly when this happened as well about 12 years ago in school iI was in a fight my neck was twisted bad and it must have caused the nerve damage as the facial mucsles are controlled by the 7th cranial nerve right behind the neck.
Weird but true

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
Electro pressure? Cool, i can't feel that!!! You have developed it in some ways, or just got it natural??

About people feeling when you stare em from behind... lol yes that's cool!!! Once it saved me during a maths test!!!

All of the experiment I believe anyone can do. LOL my bad I'm just calling it "Electro pressure" because I lack the vocabulary to think of any other phrase to call it. Basically, I'm just saying I think human produce electro-field in certain part of their bodies. When two fields interfere with each other to kind of repels.

I found this out because I have a pet cockatiel and I was playing with him one day and i placed his head centered between my brow, and I felt this intense pressure, and I know it my eyes wasn't straining because it was closed. But yea my bird seemed uncomfortable as well. Then I tried it with my finger same results.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My sister had ringing in her ears when she was younger. They put tubes in to drain her ears, did sinus surgery, and all kinds of other things, then one of her doctors read a tiny little article in a newspaper that said too much salt can cause ringing in the ears. She cut down her salt intake, and sure enough, it went away.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Some people with accute hearing can hear the hum of florescent lighting and it can cause headaches for some people. When you are in a quiet room and hear the ringing in the ears, if it is not tinnitis or some other related problem it could be a muscle spasm in the area of your ear that causes the eardrum to vibrate and you can hear a noise when there is none, as soon as the muscle spasm stops the buzzing or noise stops. Best thing though is to get your hearing checked and know if you are prone to hearing loss. Many young people have lost hearing because of listening to loud music through headphones and don't notice the hearing loss until something like the ringing occurs.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
"Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie"
Give it a try, what have you got to lose.
It could be those nasty brain leaches...

Reading through this thread, I tend to agree with the consensus that you have tinnitus.
This bothered me for a few years when I was in my teens, but faded away after I got older. I don't think it was loud music or noise that caused it when I was a teen, I wasn't really exposed to that type of environment, but it was totally gone by time I hit about 19-20 years old.

I found that if I kept my mind very active with reading or problem solving that I didn't notice it as much. When I was trying to go to sleep I would make up complex stories in my mind, with as much detail as possible, just to distract myself from the ringing in my head.

With everything the members have posted, I hope you find a solution.........

(If you use headphones??? Stop for about 2-3 weeks and see if that changes anything.)

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i dunnno but i have stuff make weird noises in my ear but i think its just health problem

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hardcore14
i dunnno but i have stuff make weird noises in my ear but i think its just health problem

Please see your doctor.
Your family doctor can refer you to an audiologist if deemed necessary.

YOUR HEARING IS ONE OF YOUR MOST VALUABLE ASSETS..............

[edit on 15/11/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If I am somewhere more or less completely silent, just my thoughts, I usually hear what seems like mild tinnitus. I put it down to wearing headphones for about 12 hours a day, you reap what you sow

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Titnus is perminent my friends...
Trust me, im a musician.

Titnus is when some of the hairs in your ear that absorb the sound drop down creating a constant pitch. It cant come for 8 seconds then go again.

Id say its nothing to worry about, I read somewhere that its when your higher concioussness or higher beings are contacting you through vibrations, but think what you will :-)

Bless

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
All of the experiment I believe anyone can do. LOL my bad I'm just calling it "Electro pressure" because I lack the vocabulary to think of any other phrase to call it. Basically, I'm just saying I think human produce electro-field in certain part of their bodies. When two fields interfere with each other to kind of repels.

I found this out because I have a pet cockatiel and I was playing with him one day and i placed his head centered between my brow, and I felt this intense pressure, and I know it my eyes wasn't straining because it was closed. But yea my bird seemed uncomfortable as well. Then I tried it with my finger same results.

Well electro pressure seems quite a fitting name to me... think i'll do some experiements...

[edit on 16-11-2005 by Sparhawk]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I sometimes wondered wtf that ringing is too.
It lasts for a few seconds and goes away, it most often happens to me right before I fal asleep. But seriously, why do you all give a rat's @$$ about what it is? It's a strange function of the ears and brain, that's all.

edit: BTW, I often had this ringing in my ears long before I started listening to music, so it doesn't always have anything to do with it. But then again, my relatives and parents talk louder than a boom box set at full blast so....................................ya

[edit on 1212/12/0505 by Acekwak]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've had tjhat ringing noise in my ears for years now. Can't remember when it started, but it is kinda strange.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join