It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

frequent ringing noise in my ear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
okay people normally somtimes when im going about my daily life i get this high pitched ringing in my ears ,Its like i hear it in my mind but cannot physically hear it, its hard to explain.Does anybody have any similar experience,s

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Its called Tinnitus, I think, and i've had it since I had my wisdom teeth removed. Mine is probably from nerve damage and i'm not sure if it will ever go away, but i've learned to live with it. there are other causes, such as high blood pressure, that you should have checked out. Here is a FAQ site you can check out:

Tinnitus

Or do a Google search. Thee's plenty of info out there.

Good luck,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey,

well first you need to get your hearing checked by a doc, as there is a condition known as "ringing in the ears" or more medicaly put "titnus"

this needs to be ruled out first,

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yes...I have had similar experiences. In fact, I've had this happening throughout my life. I never worried about it much, though. It sounds like a cicada and lasts up to a minute.

I should google this symptom and see if I can't come up with a learned explanation. I really doubt it is paranormal and more than likely has a medical source.

www.holistic-online.com...
edit to say...wow, mrwupy, yer quick

[edit on 13-11-2005 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
looking at tennitus

i dont believe it,s tennitus as i told you its hard to explain its like when i hear it it,s not in my ears but more like at the centre of my fore head and i do not feel sick or anything like that when i hear that and it can last up to about ten secconds

[edit on 13-11-2005 by elliott reid]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elliott reid
okay people normally somtimes when im going about my daily life i get this high pitched ringing in my ears ,Its like i hear it in my mind but cannot physically hear it, its hard to explain.Does anybody have any similar experience,s

I had that too for about 7-8 years,It will drive you NUTS..
The only relief I could get was from an inner ear drug called Antivert.
IMO, it was the taos hum to which I am posting a link..Nobody can hear it but you, right?
You will have to see a doctor to prescribe this drug, but go to make sure there is NOTHING wrong with your ear.Please keep me informed..[*-*]

www.crystalinks.com...

Sorry you will have to cut and paste..

[edit on 13-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
it does not annoy me and i get it about once a weak for no reason AT ALL its just comes for about say 7 seconds and suddenly ............STOP,S it does not die DOWN IT JUST .........STOPS

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think that ringing sound may be a hearing cell dying?

Or, a reverb of a chord in the inner ear?

.............................................Or telepathic alien messages.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This noise sometimes happends to me also... it's some kinda whistle, but not exactly... it is quite similar to the noise some old TVs do either when they're warming up, or when they're on, but there's no broadcast on that channel.

I think it's quite normal, tho... probably everyone has had or has this noise once in a while... think it's something connected to the ear nerve.

Check how often it happends to you, and if it's quite a routine, go see a doctor... to me, it happends very seldom, so i almost don't even think about it...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Its the Goverment/Aliens tracking ur every thought and body/health stats j/k
...I have the same thing "ringing in the ears" odd i might say but who really knows what "really" causes it for some people

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I had that when I was younger. I get it now adays maybe once a year. I used to sit in my grade 2 class wondering if was aliens. Now I think it is either in my brain or something more larger and natural [from the earth, not space though] affecting my brain waves. Man, I remember being a kid and it would be so loud in both ears and then just goes away suddenly. In a way it is like when you just know someone has turned on TV even if it's on another floor of the house. Then when it goes, it's like the TV was switched off.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I always experience a ringing sound when I'm laying in bed before I meditate. I've had it for years, but just recently its become alot more noticable.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Tinnitus for sure, definately not any mystery here, you can get it from hearing damage as well, have you been listening to loud music (iPod especially) or been to a loud nightclub/concert, or anything loud like that.

You can't get rid of it the best thing you can do is ignore it, if you concentrate on it, it makes it worse, difficult I know but it works for me, I hardly ever have a problem with it now, but it does mean you could go deaf early than normal.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i made a thread about this a few months back

Do you ever notice it happening when you are in a completely silent place? Thats when i notice it

Although sometimes i hear a solid light ringing noise at times, where it just seems to 'click on' for no reason...

For instance it happens when im just sitting at work sometimes, and nothing around me has changed as far as noise goes, but then the ringing starts

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
wow that was weird... it just happened out of nowhere as i hit submit. Starting the buzzing noise in my left eat

Must be the reptilians telling me about the illuminatis plan to takeover the world

kidding

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If that noise is what i think, then everyone of us should be able to hear it when laying in a slient room, often just some minutes or moments before falling asleep.

If that's the case, a friend of mine once gave me an explanation: this should happen because of air particles hitting randomly out hearing receptors. With all the daily noises and activity we can't hear/record it, but as we lay still and silent we do.

Funny thing is that you can increase or decrease its loudness by putting more or less concentration towards it. Maybe it can be useful for meditation or similar things...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I hear the high pitching sound all of the time. My ears became really sensative now. I can hear frequency stuff from electrial appliance, so I can tell when someone is watching TV down stairs while im upstairs and all of this other stuff.

Well if its because of some nerve damage then that might explain it as to how I was able to hear these high pitch and low pitch noise after I was stabbed in an ear with a pencil. But I don't know I can hear it in both ear...so hmm?

I can hear these noises, but I never notice it until I'm really not thinking about anything else. It's like when your focused on something your mind is in a different place...yea kinda like that.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've had this problem for about 15 years. I was a little to close to the explosives a few times, when we were setting them off.

Now I've got scarred eardrums. But I've also got a constant ringing in my ears. I've got to run a fan at night in my bedroom to drown out the noise from my ears. Otherwise I spend half the night trying to ignore the ringing. (of course that just makes me concentrate on it more, which makes it MUCH worse)

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
I hear the high pitching sound all of the time. My ears became really sensative now. I can hear frequency stuff from electrial appliance, so I can tell when someone is watching TV down stairs while im upstairs and all of this other stuff.

Well if its because of some nerve damage then that might explain it as to how I was able to hear these high pitch and low pitch noise after I was stabbed in an ear with a pencil. But I don't know I can hear it in both ear...so hmm?

I can hear these noises, but I never notice it until I'm really not thinking about anything else. It's like when your focused on something your mind is in a different place...yea kinda like that.

Well, i dunno if it's because of a damage, or a major sensitivity of your ear.
Speaking of myself, i think my hearing has quite developed in my life. You know, when one of your senses is somewhat lacking, the other ones develop in order to compensate.
Well, my lacking sense is sight: without glasses i can barely see unfocused shapes unless i'm at about 7 or 8 inches from them: only then i can focus on things.
So, i've grown more "aware" of my surroundings, and developed quite a good hearing to compensate my poor sight. For example, i can understand quite precisely the position of a person behind me, his or her distance and sometimes what is doing. At school i sometimes creeped my class mates because i knew who was behind me, maybe peeking at what i was writing or drawing, without even rising my eyes from my piece of paper. At office i once overheard a call in another room, and could quite clearly hear wht the person on the other phone was saying.
When moving in darkness, my ears also warn me if i've got an obstacle near me, because the air "sounds" different, somewhat thicker.

So, maybe, also these "noises" could be connected to a more sensitive ear

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I dont think I lack in any senses. The senses I the least sense i use would be smell, I dont think its damaged though...just not advnance as my other senses.

I my sight and hearing are the most advance. My eye is really sensative to light and movement. I can see pretty decent in the dark, not like clearly like the day time with vivid colors, but in shades of greys, and I can see further than most kid I know. My hearing like I said can detect electrofrequency from applicances, and could hear other people whispering from a far lol not like a mile away but like a few yards. I hear voices or noises like sirens too, thats pretty werid..

I can taste the air with my mouth, nothing special about that. My sense of touch and smell is the least advance and average/

I'm also experimenting with the six sense, ESP or watever. I'm curious as how people are able to subconciously sense people staring at them from behind and then make eye contact with them. Or why you feel this electo-pressure when you put your finger near between your brow a little bit above your eyes without touching your brow....lol hmmm....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join