It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by just me 2

It's tough to prove a negative.

Why do you say that Christianity is negative?

That isn't what I meant. I meant that it's tough to prove that something isn't true. Christianity is not unique in that regard. You can not prove Islam is false. You can not prove Buddhism is false. You can not prove Hindu is false. You can not prove Christianity is false. To prove them false, you would have to prove metaphysical realms are impossible, which can't be done.

Originally posted by just me 2
What proof do you have against Christ?

Similarities to pre-existing myths, combined with a total lack of any physical evidence (odd don't you think considering his importance), combined with a total lack of eyewitness accounts (odd again if he was god incarnate), combined with clues throughout the new testament that Jesus is derived from solar mythology, combined with his arrival at the dawn of the age of pisces, combined with fundamental disparities in basic doctrines in the christian churches just 20 years after he supposedly was resurrected, combined with Qumran writings that show that Christian ideaologies predated Christianity, combined with noting that the writings of Paul are totally lacking in any reference to Jesus' ministry, quotes from Jesus, his geneaology, or anything to indicate Jesus had lived in the recent past. Instead, Paul tells us Jesus' sacrifice was made before the beginning of time and that he (Paul) played a special role in revealing that hidden knowledge.

What more could you want?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94

of course we made him up.

Curious. Our brains operate under the confines of the "Law of Association".

Can Scienceguy prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the human brain was ever capable of devising such an abstract and intangible and unprovable concept as a perfect entity such as the idea of God?

Our fear of death and fear of the unknown doesn't stand up and present themselve as such a catalyst for those who know not fear.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Curious. Our brains operate under the confines of the "Law of Association".

Can Scienceguy prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the human brain was ever capable of devising such an abstract and intangible and unprovable concept as a perfect entity such as the idea of God?

By your own argument, if you are capable of understanding the concept, then the human brain is capable of synthesizing it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join