It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I want know does God exist in our minds only or does he exist outside ourselves? WHat if God only exist inside out heads and we actually are worshipping something that really doesn't exist?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What if we are only worshipping an External God, without accepting the precept that God does exist (within our heads)?

Just because someone worships a God, does not necessarily mean that we equate all that is with the knowing that God is.

There is a difference between understanding the concept of God as it concerns your bubble, and understanding what it means to fully accept the concept that God is.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
I want know does God exist in our minds only or does he exist outside ourselves? WHat if God only exist inside out heads and we actually are worshipping something that really doesn't exist?

The idea that you think about God should tell you one thing, that there is a God. Animals don't think about God. Plants don't think about God.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This is where we learn that we are different than plants and animals and a rock etc. God gave mankind a spirit(the ability to relate to and know God). When we are born ours is dead because of sin. It comes alive through acceptance of Christ.

Your idea of there being no God, that we just made Him up holds no water. Just the notion that we wonder about this question is proof that there is a God.

[edit on 13-11-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I want know does God exist in our minds only or does he exist outside ourselves?

I seriously doubt you can provide a consistent conceptualization of god, making the question moot.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

This is where we learn that we are different than plants and animals and a rock etc. God gave mankind a spirit(the ability to relate to and know God). When we are born ours is dead because of sin. It comes alive through acceptance of Christ.

Your idea of there being no God, that we just made Him up holds no water. Just the notion that we wonder about this question is proof that there is a God.

of course we made him up. Have we found noahs ark? howcome there is no evidence for a worldwide flood. Howcome there is no written proof of jesus's divinity before 100ad?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I want know does God exist in our minds only or does he exist outside ourselves?

Neither.

God exists within and without, but no one here can give you proof of that; only opinions. To get proof you must attain Gnosis, or knowledge through experience.

WHat if God only exist inside out heads and we actually are worshipping something that really doesn't exist?

Then we are wasting our time are we not?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

of course we made him up. Have we found noahs ark? howcome there is no evidence for a worldwide flood. Howcome there is no written proof of jesus's divinity before 100ad?

There is evidence for a worldwide flood, go to sites that aaren't biased against the Bible and you will see their evidence for a flood. It would be neat to see the ark, but I don't know if that will happen. Proof that Christ is God is found in the Old Testament and the New Testament books were written before 100AD.

www.carm.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Is this thread about the Christian exoteric God, or God in general?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There is no evidence outside of the middleast for a worldwide flood. And no evidence that jesus was God before 100 ad. if you can show proof I'll look it up.
PS
there is no evidence for jesus anywhere in the old testament. Any such evidence is based off the septaguint and not the hebrew text.
anyway if God abrogated the law of moses he would have told the israelites at sinai.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
There is evidence for a worldwide flood,

There is also evidence that Elvis is still alive. It isn't enough to demonstrate evidence, the evidence must be of reasonable quality.

In the case of the flood, there is no credible evidence in support of a worldwide flood, and plenty of evidence against it, such as the K-T boundary found worldwide, as well Eocene Fossil Forests in Yellowstone National Park, often used by creationists to prove a rapid flood, while they simultaneoulsy fail to mention there are 12 different flood/regrowth layers. The area flooded, the waters receded, the forests grew back - rinse and repeat 11 more times.

There are numerous geologic formations around the world where there are indisputable signs of erosion on an upheaved layer, with rock formed over it! Are we to believe the lower layer hardened into rock, was eroded away, and covered with additional rock layers, all in a 40 day period.

It's true that all of the earth has probably been flooded, but not just once, and not all at the same time.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Animals don't think about God. Plants don't think about God.

Now, truly--how do you know this is true? Maybe (and this is just speculation--mind you) just maybe, that is all that animals think about....maybe that's why they are not 'sinners.' And just because plants don't have locomotion or a voice, they are still alive--meaning 'active participants in the oxygen/C02/methane life cycle'--who's to say they don't have some sort of cognition, albeit different than ours?

Just because we can't detect something, or identify with it, as related to our own state of existence, doesn't--at all--mean that it is not possible or that it does not, in fact, exist.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This is where we learn that we are different than plants and animals and a rock etc.
Read Ecclesiastes 3:18-19. Being a 'living soul' doesn't define our ability to 'think,' nor does it give us any 'preeminence' above any other beast. To be a 'living soul' is to be a 'self'--also it means to be 'mortal.'

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
There is also evidence that Elvis is still alive.

Like what ?!?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Actually we have found noahs arch. In these Snow Mountains they only open up to the public every 20 years.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Do you really think that Noah would pack up and leave all of the lumber behind?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For evidence on the Global Flood, please go to this website:
www.answersingenesis.org...

For evidence of Jesus, there is an excellent book called "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel. This book is autobiographical in nature. The author (Strobel) was an athiest and a prize-winning investigating reporter by trade, whose wife came home one day and said, "Guess what honey, I've become a Christian!"
He freaked out and went on a research binge attempting to disprove the claims of Christianity. He found that it couldn't be done! He realized that he had to come face to face with the Truth and either accept Christ, or reject Him. He chose the former.

Eventually, Strobel became a pastor and now he is a teaching pastor at Saddleback Valley Community Church in Lake Forest, Calif., and a board member of the Willow Creek Association.

There is another book which has a similar story except from a Jewish perspective. It is called, "Betrayed!" by Stan Telchin.

Telchin's daughter converts from Judaism to Christianity, and the story has a similar body of research to back up the claims of Christ being the Old Testament's prophecied Messiah.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by just me 2
www.answersingenesis.org...

For evidence of Jesus, there is an excellent book called "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel. This book is autobiographical in nature. The author (Strobel) was an athiest and a prize-winning investigating reporter by trade, whose wife came home one day and said, "Guess what honey, I've become a Christian!"
He freaked out and went on a research binge attempting to disprove the claims of Christianity. He found that it couldn't be done! He realized that he had to come face to face with the Truth and either accept Christ, or reject Him. He chose the former.

Eventually, Strobel became a pastor and now he is a teaching pastor at Saddleback Valley Community Church in Lake Forest, Calif., and a board member of the Willow Creek Association.

There is another book which has a similar story except from a Jewish perspective. It is called, "Betrayed!" by Stan Telchin.

Telchin's daughter converts from Judaism to Christianity, and the story has a similar body of research to back up the claims of Christ being the Old Testament's prophecied Messiah.

The case against jesus is actually huge.
Only jews from totally secular backgrounds are sucked into it.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by spamandham
There is also evidence that Elvis is still alive.

Like what ?!?

Elvis is an anagram for "lives", thus proving he is eternal. What more evidence could you possibly need?

How about this, his middle name is misspelled on his grave. Everyone knows "lives" is very superstitious. He ordered his own fake death, along with the wrong spelling so as not to jink his supernaturalness.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
Actually we have found noahs arch. In these Snow Mountains they only open up to the public every 20 years.

Are you referring to Ron Wyatt's "discovery"? It is nothing but a natural rock formation. The rocks have been tested, and they are not petrified wood, but just indigenous rocks. There's even a gift shop.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

www.answersingenesis.org...[/quot e]

Every argument there has been discredited. The Creation Institute keeps pushing them anyway because they are evangelists, not truth seekers. They love to find evidence of floods and say, "see, we told you!". Yet, no-one denies there have been floods, even big ones. When presented with counter evidence, they just ignore it and keeping pushing what has already been discredited.

For evidence of Jesus, there is an excellent book called "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel.

I have not read this book, but I have read "The Case for Easter", and it's crap. He only presents one perspective and does not even pretend to present a balanced case. Nor does he present anything of substance. The whole thing consists of interviews with no references to the underlying evidence at all, which I can understand, since there isn't anything of substance to be reported.

He freaked out and went on a research binge attempting to disprove the claims of Christianity. He found that it couldn't be done!

It's tough to prove a negative. It usually can't be done no matter how outrageous a claim may be.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Every argument there has been discredited. The Creation Institute keeps pushing them anyway because they are evangelists, not truth seekers. They love to find evidence of floods and say, "see, we told you!". Yet, no-one denies there have been floods, even big ones. When presented with counter evidence, they just ignore it and keeping pushing what has already been discredited.

I am not an expert on floods so I won’t counter your point on this one. But I do believe in what they teach.

I have not read this book, but I have read "The Case for Easter", and it's crap. He only presents one perspective and does not even pretend to present a balanced case. Nor does he present anything of substance. The whole thing consists of interviews with no references to the underlying evidence at all, which I can understand, since there isn't anything of substance to be reported.

I have not read that book, but I do know that “The Case For Christ” was definitely NOT crap!!! Strobel gives references for everything in this book.

quote: Originally posted by just me 2
He freaked out and went on a research binge attempting to disprove the claims of Christianity. He found that it couldn't be done!

It's tough to prove a negative.

Why do you say that Christianity is negative?
What proof do you have against Christ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join