It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Eddie Guerrero 1967-2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.wwe.com...

Eddie Guerrero passes away
Nov. 13, 2005

WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3.

I am so sad to hear this, he was one of my favorite wrestlers.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hmmm I would think he was a bit young to die naturally... Perhaps a drug problem?

Couldnt find any info elsewhere....

I won't lie, when I was a young child I use to watch WWF a lot with my dad, Hulk Hogan was cool, but I got older and lost intrest in it, then I ended up watching it one day only to realise it invovled to something that made me want to break my tv it was total manly soap operas...

Wasn't Eddie just like 40?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Holy crap he was on my WWE Fantasy Roster. But he was doing so well, what the hell happened? Drugs would be the obvious thought but he was doing so well! Why would he do drugs? I don't get it, I been watching WWF/WWE for years now, and never saw this coming.

R.I.P. Eddie

Edit: Wait, he just won his match on Friday to be on the Smackdown team, what the heck is going on? Was it a heart condition? ANy info? Went to the WWE site and nothing, just that he was dead.

[edit on 13-11-2005 by UfoofU]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
wow that is so sad, i grew up watching WWE when i was a child.
rip eddie

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Very,very sad news

i only just found out, my best friend told me

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP!!! i didnt know that until now holy friken crap what a way to find out
:shk:
:shk:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's been ages since I watched WWE.

Eddie was pretty comical. I always got a kick out of him showing up to the ring in a low-rider.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
woah he died ,yet cause of death unknown
does anyone know if this is for real or an act like what happened to the Undertaker

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
last week when he was on he had a great match. i barely follow wrestling anymore but i happened to see this one match. i was laughing when he intentionally through his opponent into the ref and then got a steel chair to attack the other wrestler. when the ref started to stand up, eddie smashed the chair on the mat, through the chair to his opponent, and fell over as if the other guy just hit him. he won by disqualification. it was a great bit.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
obiwan15-- nope this is real life,

still to be confirmed why he died,

I do know though that he had an drink problem a year back and had to take a break from wrestling, but came back all fighting fit,

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
He did do drugs and drank, but has been sober according to the family for at least 4 years. Maybe whatever he did just waited a few years to kill him. A good reason not to do anything illegal!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Eddie Guerrero v. Rey Mysterio Jr. was the first match of wresting I ever saw. Back one night in December 96, my cousin flipped over to WCW Monday Nitro and that match had just started.

Watching that match got me hooked onto wrestling until WCW was purchased by WWE in 2001. After the purchase, I lost interest in wrestling big time. I still occasionally watch it (you bet I'll be watching RAW tonight concerning Eddie) but I don't watch it like I used to.

I just wanted to say thanks, Eddie. For getting me hooked on wrestling for several years. Your contributions to the sport were awesome. From your days as a high-flying cruiserweight in WCW, to your days as "Latino Heat" in WWE, you are one wrestler whom I will never forget.

Rest in piece, Eddie.

-prophetmike

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A little more on this,

Family and friends started to worry about the star after a 7am wake up was not answered.

A call from his nephew Chavo Guerrero to the room and knocks on the door also went unanswered.

Security then opened the door and Eddie was found dead in the bathroom. He is reported to have died with his toothbrush in his mouth.

The cause of death is currently unknown, although it is believed to be due to heart failure.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by UfoofU
A good reason not to do anything illegal!

if you're good we'll let you out of your cage.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
RIP Eddie, you were/are/always will be a wrestling legend.

Eddie's death was due to heart failure. According to Vickie Guerrero, “It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep."

I also think alot of wrestlers pass away at a young age because of pain killers, etc.

The wrestlers are on the road over 300 days a year and unlike other athletes, they do not have an off season. In addition, accidents do happen and injuries occur. Unfortunately, if wrestlers take time off, their wallets will suffer significantly.

These factors all lead to the deadly slope that many wrestlers have found themselves facing. They get addicted to pain killers to numb the pain.

[edit on 3-12-2005 by xeroxed88]

top topics

join