It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Click the link to view the full Video of the Mohammad Cartoon Documentary described in the above post.

This documentary was shown on the BBC and on Danish public TV.

Documentary explores Mohammed cartoons

The documentary directed by Karsen Kjaer airs Sunday on Danish public television, The Copenhagen Post reported. The film is titled “Those Damned Drawings,” the 12 cartoons run by the newspaper Jyllands- Posten.

In the film, Kjaer shows the cartoons to Sheik Yussuf Al-Qaradawi, who used his television program to declare Feb. 3, 2006, “Anger Day” and to Ali Bakhsi, who led demonstrations in Iran that ended with the burning of the Danish embassy. Both men were apparently seeing them for the first time, and Bakhsi even laughs and says that one image looks more like an Indian Sikh than the Prophet Mohammed.

Kjaer also interviewed Flemming Rose, the newspaper culture editor who decided to run the cartoons.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That was a very interesting video. Thanks

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There's an election in Denmark soon. One of the candidates are using a "Mohammed cartoon" on their campaign poster, with a text about freedom of speech. It says something like: "Freedom of speech is danish, censorship is not".

Link to danish article:
DF bruger Muhammed-tegning i valgkampen

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think they should republish that cartoon and perhaps make a blimp with that same cartoon printed on it and float it over Mecca or something.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A Danish-Muslim politician has taken revenge, by making their own campaign poster. It has a drawing of Pia Kjaersgaard and a text that translates to: "Freedom of expression is Danish. Stupidity is not". So, there...
Pia Kjaersgaard - Mohammad: 1-1

Danish election ad reignites Muhammad cartoon controversy

Danish-Muslim leader lampoons far-right over latest prophet cartoon

Now Asmaa Abdol-Hamid, a Danish-Muslim politician who could become the first MP to wear the hijab in the Danish parliament if elected in next month's poll, has hit back with a poster showing a hand-drawn picture of the DPP leader, Pia Kjaersgaard, under the slogan "Freedom of expression is Danish, stupidity is not".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Good for the Danes, I hope that their example can damn well instill some national pride into western countries and cultures again.

Once upon a time, europeans were proud of who they were and what they could achieve. For too long we have had life too easy, and have become complacent, which has lead to ignorance and apathy.

I find it true that, as the Muslims are saying, we have suffered a complete lapse in standards and that our civilization is completely going to the dogs, but I'll be cold in my grave before I let the damn Muslim militants be the ones to tell me!

/rant

Also: After watching that video, the idea of Professional Muslim demonstrators is as hilarious as it is preposterous.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by C.C.Benjamin]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

The Prophet died June 8, 632 in the arms of his then favorite wife Aishah. What modern artist, cartoonist or anyone else could know what he looked like in life? Our Danish cartoonist may well be drawing another prophet rather than The Prophet. Or not. And then again who really cares??

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Imho most cartoons where just insulting not even funny. There is a difference between freedom of speech and freedom of insulting. We all know that saying product xx from xxxx gives you cancer on national tv means noone will buy the product anymore no matter if its false.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tomcat ha

What I find scary, is that so many people were "insulted" by something they haven't even seen with their own eyes. A couple of religious leaders have power to get millions of followers to become "offended" and "insulted", just because they says so. No man should have that kind of power, imho, and the people should not follow them so blindly.

Btw, no museum dare to host the original cartoons. They will be lost in history. There will be more misunderstandings/insults and false cartoons/claims (and false prophets)...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

What I find scary, is that so many people were "insulted" by something they haven't even seen with their own eyes.

Hi Hellmutt, I agree and from what I remember of the insulting cartoons, they were very "mild toast", benign in flavor. Hard to believe anyone could get upset about them. But Muslims will be Muslims, somewhere back when they decided there would be no representations of the Profit and voila! You go to H if you do and you start wars and slit throats and make demands and etc. And from what I remember about my Mohammed history noone made a characature back in the 630s when he was still alive so how could anyone know what he looks like anyway! Cartoonists are drawing a figment of their imagination!
But I will admit some of the cartoons were funny and I think a little humor occasionally is a good thing!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hmmm, didn't the Bible warn us against "false prophets"? Maybe it really warned us against false Mohammed cartoons? Just a thought...

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Another problem i have with this is that when someone says something bad about a politican who says islam is pure evil then its wrong and you get sued.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Update:

Danish police have arrested three people for plotting to kill one of the cartoon artists. They planned to kill the artist drawing the bomb-in-the-turban cartoon.

Police Arrest Several Suspects in Plot to Kill Muhammad Cartoonist (by Bunch)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Lots of danish newspapers are reprinting the Mohammed cartoon made by Kurt Westergaard today! All the major newspapers prints it.
This is a protest against the death threats and exposed murder plans against the author of one of the cartoons (turban+bomb). He is hiding, and will probably have to hide for the rest of his life. He says he only did his job and he doesn't regret anything. Freedom of Speech vs. Fundamentals. Here we go again. I wonder how this will turn out... One of the three who got arrested has been released. Two Tunesians will be deported soon if not already.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Even newspapers that have never printed the cartoons before, prints them now.

BBC: Danish Muhammad cartoon reprinted

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A swedish newspaper also printed the turban-bomb cartoon today, and coincidentally the publisher died while at work right after it was published...

Related news links:
Murder plot against Danish cartoonist (in english...)

Redaktør døde samme dag som karikaturer ble publisert (in norwegian...)

Right now there are several different fires in the streets of Copenhagen. Cars & all...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sounds like Iran's summoned the Danish envoy in relation to the cartoon controversy coming up again. It's great to see that there's finally solidarity with freedom of speech there. I wonder how other western newspapers will respond, especially if this escalates.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Since Im from Denmark I will try to give my view on this issue

In Denmark we have a long old tradition of making satire, jokes, cartoons etc. out of our own politicians, all kinds of religions, etc..

This has also been used in theaters and movies etc...

However the problem arises when newspapers, political parties and power people, missuse this satire and manipulates it into political agendas!

With great powers come great responsibility... someone seemed to don't give a # about this!

Freedom of speech is something anyone should be able to benifit from, it is not meant to be used to provoke people with underlying political agendas, such as the case of the socalled "muhammed drawings"

The scenario behind theese drawings, where meant as a direct provokation to "test", freedom of speech...
However you do not test something like freedom of speech by deliberatly provoke people... This is not what freedom of speech is meant for at all, and I resent it!

And then comes the Danish political party called DF, and once again missuse the drawings and they own twisted view on freedom of speech, for their sick political agenda! This I also Resent!

We used to make satire drawings for fun, to show different views about whatever issue was being cartooned.... In this case, the drawings where made to provoke and back up certain political agendas!

I feel ashamed to be a countrymen to people who misuse freedom of speech for their own sick agendas!

Freedom of speach is not meant to be a tool of provokation for prejudiced people!

It is meant as a tool for people to speak freely about politics, religion, etc. etc..

Please know, that the normal Danish citizen feels ashamed of theese drawings and the way they are being misused, we believe in true freedom of speech, not political, backstabbing, provokative drawings!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
At least 18 danish newspapers printed the Mohammed cartoon today. Danes visiting muslim countries are urged to be careful. An American Jihad site are making threats. It says something to the effect of: "You fools seems to have forgotten how Theo Van Gogh ended his life!"

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join