It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-117

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
First combat use:

Operation Just Cause 1989 Panama.

That was also first time US gov. admited that F-117 did infact exist.

Six F-117As flew non-stop from Tonopah Nevada with air refueling to attack the Rio Hato barracks in Panama, two of them dropped GBU-27 bombs.

This happened on Dec. 19. 1989..

And this was not a 'actual bombing strike' as the purpose of these sorties and bombings was only to 'route' the Panamians, not to kill them.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Then we should get one, a 'aircraft chit chat forum'..

And to there we could also move some of the 'topics' that have gone 'little' out of topic.. or?

To me this seems as a great idea..

I requested it in the moderator forum, lets wait and see what happens
I think it would be a great addition to the aircraft forum!!

I agree, i am all for the chit chat forum.

FULCRUM.

Yeah i can see your page, now i understand.

Access Blocked:

The only thing i can think of, is that they may be reading your computer with a cookie first, and then blocking access.

My FIREWALL won't let them do that. ????

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by quaneeri
Some Good Images.

www.fas.org...

bowling anyone?

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Zion M,

is it possible that the US has leap frogged the Russians by going to anti-grav technology thus not requiring the plasma system the Russians are not trying to develop.

Please note, I always take claims that Russians make with a grain of salt until I actually see it for myself because they seem to be big dreamers.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ok Zion, Ill think about what Im trying to achieve next time I start a thread. My opening post wasnt really appropriate.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Zion M,

is it possible that the US has leap frogged the Russians by going to anti-grav technology thus not requiring the plasma system the Russians are not trying to develop.

Please note, I always take claims that Russians make with a grain of salt until I actually see it for myself because they seem to be big dreamers.

Plasma system? This is the first I've heard of it. Of Russian anti-grav, I've heard nothing. However, the Rusisians' NK-33 booster had higher efficiency than the shuttles' main engines, simply due to the Russians' willingness to take a risk with a crazy idea - using oxidizer to cool the exhaust lining, which was simply considered too dangerous to ever work by their American counterparts...

[Edited on 21-9-2003 by Lampyridae]

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Question: does anybody know of any flight sims which let you fly the F-117 or the B-2? Preferably with realistic flight characteristics!

(As if the US Air Force would let the likes of NovaLogic poke around the B-2's cockpit)

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Well an aircraft chit chat forum would have potential, but a special aircraft research forum is out of the question.

That's what the research forum was introduced for...
We seriously could (should) have a research project on the B-2's anti-gravity technlogy!
I remember that Simon has/had some very interesting information on that...

That sounds like a good idea. Why don't you push for it?

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Theres a number of A/C you can download for Flight sim 02/04 including the stealth A/C.

I support the reasearch project.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The F-117 is a very very basic aircraft! You have to remember that it was originly built useing off the shelf systems. As originally built, the F-117 didn't even have Radar or a stealth compatibal communication system, pilots had to turn off the plane's radio before entering enemy airspace.

Now as for the B-2 research project I'd like to help if I can!

Tim

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
The F-117 is a very very basic aircraft! You have to remember that it was originly built useing off the shelf systems. As originally built, the F-117 didn't even have Radar or a stealth compatibal communication system, pilots had to turn off the plane's radio before entering enemy airspace.

Tim

It uses A-10A nose gear, F-15E main wheels, standars ACES ejection seat, MFDs from F-18 and F-16 FBW system. Thats for the off-the-self systems.

And the plane has no radar.. thats the beauty of it.. mades it hard to detect by passive means..

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

I asked dragonrider if it was allright to start a new the B2 project. I'll u2u several members who are interested in participating in this research project.
I'm often quite busy with school, so I'm not sure yet if I should be the project leader, I'll have to think about that.

more on this project later...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Put me down on the list too Zion. I have lots of time to think on night shift now. No internet anymore, but thinking time. The wankers LOL.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well i do have a 'Air international' that has the specs for the B-2 anti-gravity 'system..'

But i am also intressed that are we going to get the 'aircraft chit chat' or no?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I asked it in the moderator forum three days ago, and I "bumped" that thread yesterday, but still no reply

I'll bump it again

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
okay, so who else wants to join the B-2 anti-gravity research project?

The team so far is:

Fulcrum,DeltaNine, ghost and myself

Reply to this thread please!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'd love to, but I'm not sure what I could do for you.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"Testing indicated that B-2s are also sensitive to extreme climates, water, and humidity-- exposure to water or moisture can damage some of the low-observable enhancing surfaces on the aircraft. Further, exposure to water or moisture that causes water to accumulate in aircraft compartments, ducts, and valves can cause systems to malfunction. If accumulated water freezes, it can take up to 24 hours to thaw and drain. Air Force officials said it is unlikely that the aircraft's sensitivity to moisture and climates or the need for controlled environments to fix low-observability problems will ever be fully resolved, even with improved materials and repair processes. Therefore, if B-2s are to be deployed, some form of aircraft sheltering at a forward operating location will likely become a requirement in the future. "
".... the B-2 must be sheltered or exposed only to the most benign environments (low humidity, no precipitation, moderate temperatures). According to B-2 Combined Test Force officials, permanent shelters at deployed locations are required.... it appears that effective operations from a forward operation location will require additional facilities and equipment not included in the original plan. The Air Force is still working to identify these additional requirements."
"Air Force test officials stated that maintenance of low-observable features is an issue that requires significant further study and that the percentage of maintenance hours required to repair low-observable materials would increase even more before there are reductions."
"Problems with low-observable materials have also affected the percentage of time the B-2 was partially or fully capable of completing a mission, which was significantly less when low observability was considered. When low observability was not considered, the mission-capable rate was 66 percent for a 12-month period ending March 1997. However, when low-observability problems were considered for the same period of time, the rate dropped significantly to 26 percent. "

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I know that this week marks the 20th anniversary of the US invasion of Iraq that toppled Saddam Hussein, and that the F-117 took part in Operation Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom, but have you had the chance to ask F-117 pilots who flew combat missions over Iraq the following questions:

1. 1. What was it like flying the F-117 over Iraqi airspace?
  2. 2. Were you worried about the risk of being shot down by Iraqi SAMs and eventually captured and taken prisoner of war by Iraqi forces?
  3. 3. Did you have no problem likening Saddam Hussein to Adolf Hitler just because he gassed innocent people to death and invaded his neighbors?
  4. 4. If US intelligence had determined that Saddam Hussein abandoned production of biological and chemical weapons after Operation Desert Storm, would Bush have bothered invading Iraq?
  5. 5. Would you say that Iraq has overcome all obstacles to building a stable, democratic society tolerant of peoples of different ethnicities, religions, and creeds after so many years of sectarian violence and the brutality of ISIS in western parts of Iraq?
  6. 6. When did you become aware of how the Iraqi nation came into being, given that George W. Bush knew that building a stable, democratic Iraq would be a tall task despite Saddam's overthrow?
  7. 7. Are you sick and tired of far-left peace organizations who say that Bush and Blair should have been tried as war criminals for how they handled the Iraq War, given that US troops did not come into Iraq to kill civilians?

edit on 20-3-2023 by Potlatch because: Fixed misspelling

edit on 20-3-2023 by Potlatch because: Removed extra space

edit on 20-3-2023 by Potlatch because: Added s after organization

top topics

<< 1   >>

join