It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow up to that "Thing" in the ice ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
A couple weeks back there was a post with a link of some Russian expedition who came across some large creature/skeleton/thing buried in the ice in the North Pole. There was a short video and story and a radio interview..

Next I thought I heard that that scientist's house was ransacked or something..

has anyone heard anything about this???

[edit on 9-11-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
That video was from a video game preview. Forgot the name of it but it's been discussed on several websites and I think this one also.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i see some resemblance but i really dont see what that footage would have to do with that video game. The game doesnt take place in antarctica and why would they show an expedtition to find this thing about a 100 yeaars later? I'm not saying the footage is real, im just saying how i dont think its involved with that game. i looked at all the trailers for it and there is nothing near that ice footage.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is discussed in the Sony's press release does NOT mention this as part of its VIRAL... thread. The general evidence shows that this particular video is not the brainchild of Sony (for the "Shadow of the Colossus" game) but some disagree... I agree that the video should be looked at without the Sony thing in mind, and if it leads back in that direction...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I don't think it's really up for discussion, regardless of whether Sony disclosed it or not. That giant is without question the giant from the game. There are 16 giants in the game and this one is among them.

Check this web site out - while the newest news story says that they are not quite sure, looking at the screenshots of the game versus the video, there is no doubt whatsoever that this is part of Sony's viral.

Zip

Wig

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There we are, that website proves the siberian giant is faked by Sony.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Can't believe this guy still keeps it up. He's had loads of comments about viral marketing and still keeps going. Either he really believes (besides overwhelming evidence against him) or is on a high payroll.
Going through his archives I noticed several recurring words - colossus/colossal/colossi.
Were these previous posts genuine or subliminal messages to get that word into our heads.

WE CAN CLOSE THIS CASE!!!!
Follow this link and read under advertising campaign. Before I get flamed check the addy - this is the official playstation site!
www.us.playstation.com...

[edit on 9-11-2005 by JackofBlades]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
ahhhh anything to do with (S)py-(ON)-(Y)ou stay clear of it lol

man after what they done recently i wont be buying any of thier products for a long time to come...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
So it is... No question about it now.

And if there is any more doubt, here's the last of the evidence (if anyone is still not convinced):
Official Sony SOC Discussion board - Thread 1
Official Sony SOC Discussion Board - Thread 2
Official Sony SOC Discussion Board - Thread 3
And the list goes on if you run this search

And to rub some really funny salt into the wounds...
On
this site there's a parody called Dr Philprah, the Colossus Whisperer... Take a close look and you'll see that the giant is in fact the same as in the video. Imagine that.

This link should take you directly to the video.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Aw, thats just sad.. That one was one of the most interesting videos for years...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I read all of those sites and none of them said that they were made by sony in fact they all lead the other way

also the creature in the ice only bears a slight resemlence to one of the creatures in the game in fact if you look at the head structure it is completly different

if it was made by sony I think they would have gotten the way it looks right

I'm still not 100% convinced that sony made it also it looks pretty real and that would cost alot to do if it was a fake I mean renting a helicopter the costumes the video editing it would be a huge waste if it was just a prank

I'm no totaly conviced it real and I don't think sony made it also I don't think it is some random prank

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Im sorry but I mean its a video game get over it. If you believe its real then I just fopund a warp to the mushroom kingdom in my tub . You wanna go. lol I mean keep these posts for real discussions

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Not to hyjack the thread, but with all the "unhappyness" due to Sony's "rootkit" virus they have put on music cd's-personally-I think refering to their marketing scheme as "virial marketing"is poorly timed.

Wig

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Salanthus,

I can't believe you're not convinced. The heiroglyphicsare the same, the sort of helmet on the head is EXACTLY the same as that seen in the game.

Sony have LOADS of money and their advertising budget is in the Millions, this particular video would onlycost under US$10,000 to do IMO.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
actualy the helmet is not the same the creature in the game doesent even wear a helmet the part of the creature in the game that has the metal is the creastures face

on the one on the video the metal is on the top of it's head

the creature in the game on its metal it only has one metal grove in it at the top the creature on the video has two

they only look simular untill sony comes out and says they did it I will reserve judgment

I still don't think they did it and I'm still not sure its a fake

Wig

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Salanthus,

Please look at the pics on this website (as previously linked to in this thread)

viralsxposed.blogspot.com...

The helmet thing on the bull giant is exactly the same. The hieroglyphics are exactly the same.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
WIG :

you can lead hoax believers to the font of knowledge - but you cannot make them drink ............... although dunking them till they stop thrashing is tempting .......... but not reccomended

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You got a point there ape!
Seriously though, look how cg all of those vids are! PLus that virals exposed site has all the evidence you need.
Methinks some people (Salanthus, the author of giantology.net) are in denial.
THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS, THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS, THERE IS A SANTA CLAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUS!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
As noted, covered:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed, feel free to contribute there.

top topics

join