It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 videos from a fight in Hit, Iraq **UPDATE**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
One of my best friends just got back from Iraq and gave me a bunch of video.

This all took place in Hit, Iraq. You can see the bridge this happened at in the picture below.
external image

[Image links to full sized version Please review this thread]

This is the middle of what was an all day fire fight. Some syrians drove this truck out on to the bridge, got out of the truck and ran. Of course they were killed instantly. The battle continues with both sides exchanging gun fire until the last video where they drop a 500lb bomb to end it all. Youll notice happy Iraqis cheering and talking after the bombing.

Video #1:
video.google.com...

Video #2:
video.google.com...
mirror: www.zshare.net...

Video #3:
video.google.com...
Mirror: www.zshare.net...

EDIT:
Here is one more showing the marines walk the bridge after the battle.
Video #4:
www.zshare.net...

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Very interesting. It would have been nice if he'd had a tripod to put that camera on.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGrude
Very interesting. It would have been nice if he'd had a tripod to put that camera on.
Thanks for sharing.

Well, he was in the middle of combat...

JAK: Sorry about image size. Image shack had been automaticly resizing the images for me. It didnt seem to do it on these forums. Thanks for taking care of it for me.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Right so he should have been holding his rifle, not his Sony.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

True. for whatever reason he wasnt shooting at that moment.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
the vehicle looks like a Chevy suburban. looks like new tactics to use the vehicles dat resembles the contractors' vehicles. i wonder wat cause the Syrian fighters to bail out of the vehicle. wat scared them?

awesome videos.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I had a friend who was in Tikrit during some skirmishes and what he did was fix his little DV camera to his Helmet. Apparently a lot of guys were doing it in his company.

[edit on 11/8/2005 by noise]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by noise

I had a friend who was in Tikrit during some skirmishes and what they all did was fix their little DV cameras to their Helmets.

how small are those cameras? duck tape it on the side of the helmet? or right on top of it?
i know in the future the U.S. Army is hoping to put cameras on all of the soldiers' helmets to see wats goin on and record who is who and wat target or targets killed. its kinda like the U.S. Airforce who records their targets and wat is bombed and the damage from them.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
how small are those cameras? duck tape it on the side of the helmet? or right on top of it?

Just tape it on the side!

The cameras were about the size of a small 35 mm camera. About 3.5 inches long by 2 inches wide and about 1.5 inches deep. You know, those small little DV cameras that come in all the colors.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by noise

I had a friend who was in Tikrit during some skirmishes and what he did was fix his little DV camera to his Helmet. Apparently a lot of guys were doing it in his company.

[edit on 11/8/2005 by noise]

This is true. Here is a video compilation of a bunch of helmet cam video:
video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

This is true. Here is a video compilation of a bunch of helmet cam video:
video.google.com...

crazy video. Army Special Forces spent alot of those flash bangs and concussion grenades. love those mini guns on those Humvees. dats wat i like about Special Forces is the adaptability. if the commanding officer in the conventional military saw some soldiers putting minigun on top of a humvee he be goin nuts.

o yeah those Iraqi soldiers who are bunched up together at the shrine entrance would have been mow down right there. lucky it didnt happened.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
here is google link to last video. I couldnt edit my original post.

video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
BUMP!

The SF video is crazy. I'm surprised they can run into rooms while the flash bang grenades are going off... I guess they get used to it and it doesn't stun them?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
BUMP!

The SF video is crazy. I'm surprised they can run into rooms while the flash bang grenades are going off... I guess they get used to it and it doesn't stun them?

usually yer not suppose to run into a room while throwing a flashbang. the tactic is to throw the grenade which would explode in about 1 to 2 secs and then run in. u run in and throw a flashbang, its goin to be bright and make u temporarily deaf and disorient yerself which u would lose surprise.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yeah, I know all about how they are supposed to be used, but that video shows several instances where the green berets would seemingly throw the grenades as they were entering the room...

Kind of wierd if you ask me.

Perhaps they use ear protection or something

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Yeah, I know all about how they are supposed to be used, but that video shows several instances where the green berets would seemingly throw the grenades as they were entering the room...

Kind of wierd if you ask me.

Perhaps they use ear protection or something

well dat part of the clip was exceptional where they threw flashbangs, look like 3 of them, and one of them was heading to another room while the others seem to be throwing over objects where tangos could hide behind. however the rest of the raids at night or day time they were throwing flashbangs before goin into the room or rooms to clear it out.

and yeah ear protection is probably wat they were wearing. because i sure would be wearing them if i experienced hundreds of flashbangs from the raids everyday.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by deltaboy]

join