It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Friend Blues...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I knew this guy who(to some) was hot. I met him in 7th grade, he was dating a girl I knew because he needed someone to comfort him from his move. His dad is in the army and he moves every three years. There was an exception, though, and he got to stay in California for 3 extra years.

We were really good friends, but I really liked him. He was kind, considerate, and listened to you. After a year though, all of that started to disappear. My guess was that he was going through puberty, only natural. We were still friends and getting closer, around eighth grade I was really attracted to him.

I guess I should have asked him out at the summer party I threw that year. There were rumors going around the group I used to hang out with that he was going to ask me out, I got excited and decided to wait. I swore he seemed interested in me, but when school started again, he asked out the whore who had the same name as me! I was crushed, horribly. But instead, I felt competition with his girlfriend, and I flirted more. I was a complete idiot, I wasn't even pretty.

After time, he learned that I liked him, I pretended I didn't care but I did. I started to notice that he was talking to me a lot more, and flirting back. (Big confidence boost.) Throughout the rest of the year and into high school, I realized that I shouldn't be chasing after a guy who has had more girlfriends than a teen's face has zits. I told him I wasn't crushing with him anymore while chatting online. He ignored me then signed off.

Now he's going out with an eighth grader (EEEWWW!
) who is also a whore. He ignored me for a couple of months, in which I became a loner and totally isolated myself from my previous 'friends' if you'd even call them that. Now he wants me to talk to him again, but I don't want to. I feel attracted to him, but I don't know if it's safe. If I ask him out, would I be turned into his sex slave? I don't want to be that. Why am I so attracted to him?:bnghd:

[edit on 11/8/2005 by Dragon Traveler]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Dragon judging by the lack of responses you have a tough problem at hand. Given the fact that he ignored you for a couple months I would be inclined to think that he is not interested in you.

Having said that people sometimes act funny when they like someone.
Do you know for certain he is dating a 8th grader?
Or did you this fact by word of mouth?

If you ask him out you could make it clear to him that you dont want to be treated like just another one of his girls.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I know for a fact that he was dating one. I'm not sure if he is now, I don't really hang out with that group anymore because of their poor choices, but I still like him. I'm not sure if I really think he's a nice guy or I just say that now because it sounds right. Hmmmm... I'm also a little afraid to ask him out, but it's a stupid fear. What if he laughs at me and embarasses me in front of his friends? I also don't want to break the last string that holds our friendship together.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You could ask him out in private.
If he hangs out with a group of people that you avoid due to poor choices that is a probaly a warning to avoid the guy. I dont what else to say other with out making assumations that may not be true.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thank you for your help.

An update: I saw him today. When I was walking past, he stopped me in the hallway and asked why I never hang out with him anymore. I told him that I got a job working at school, because Im not old enough to get a real job yet. I also stated that my schedule is pretty tight right now. He was actually really nice, he smiled alot and asked if I could hang out with him a lot more. Then the people I don't like saw and laughed at us.

(Besides them laughing...)Maybe this is a step foreward in the right direction?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You have to ask yourself the following questions if you go out with him.
Do I want to be the joke amogst his friends?
Will he hang out with differnt people if he dated you?
It seems unlikely that he would change his circle of friends over night.
Sorry I cant help you more.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's ok. I need to learn to deal on my own now. You've done what you can, and the only person who answered me, I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join