It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror attack foiled in Australia.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sorry about the lack of details and my posting this here rather than the main news part....

www.sky.com...

Still waiting on more details but sounds like they foiled a big one going by what the news is saying.

CX.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hi CX///

Here is some more articles on the relating news.....

search.theage.com.au...

IX
helen

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Sorry about the lack of details

Thats because there are no detail to post. Did the cops catch 2 guys carry bombs to a train station ? NO. Rather arrest susspected terrorist at there homes. I live in Australia and what truly amazes is that we faced a terrorist attacked (1978 bombing of Sydney’s Hilton Hotel) over 20 years ago. You think if terrorism was significant proplem they whould have pasted the laws then rathen now ?.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
what type of attack did they prevent?

How many people were arrested?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
what type of attack did they prevent?

How many people were arrested?

I believe it was over 12 across several Australian States. What I have heard is that they've been recorded discussing how to mkae bombs and on memebr professed how he wanted to become a suicide bomber.
In Melbourne ( I think ) one terrorist shot at police wounding one officer in the hand. The police returned fire hitting the suspect in the neck.

It does appear that a potential terrorist attack has been foiled.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

In Melbourne ( I think ) one terrorist shot at police wounding one officer in the hand. The police returned fire hitting the suspect in the neck.

Can you please post links to the source of this info cause its not what there reporting here on the news and wire services ?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The shooting incident happened in West Sydney

come over to this thread guys, this has more coverage and links for you to read

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

Can you please post links to the source of this info cause its not what there reporting here on the news and wire services ?

I'm just watching channel 9 news in Sydney.

you could try www.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

[I'm just watching channel 9 news in Sydney.

you could try www.ninemsn.com.au...

well, that explains it (re: comments on the other thread)

CX

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Sorry about my brief post.....i was in a rush out the door and did'nt have time to fill out a proper news post, luckily someone else was doing just that at the same time lol.

CX.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Sorry about the lack of details

Thats because there are no detail to post. Did the cops catch 2 guys carry bombs to a train station ? NO. Rather arrest susspected terrorist at there homes. I live in Australia and what truly amazes is that we faced a terrorist attacked (1978 bombing of Sydney’s Hilton Hotel) over 20 years ago. You think if terrorism was significant proplem they whould have pasted the laws then rathen now ?.

Its embarassing to share such a beautiful yet vulnerable country with the likes of left wing civil libitarian victims of political correctness like you.

If you dont happen to fall into the previous category your definately an Islamofascist.

The great nation of Australia has today averted the immenent prospect of Muslim extremists (who where caught red handed with bomb making materials) from following through there plan of mass murder.

I praise the Australian police and ASIO for a fantastic job.

Some of the accused appeared in court today, and worthy of note is there supporters attacked Journalists outside the court.

The accused where refused bail.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
What beating up journalists.

( FANTASTIC )

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Just more scare-mongering to pass a bill. How many of these supposed "terrorist" are actually charged and convicted rather than accepting some water downed version of guilt and released? Probably will be charged with waging a paintball war like the in the States. Justice my azz.

In the mean time, the real [state] terrorist invade countries and fatten the pockets of the bankers and arms dealers. Just more of the same bs.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Two rival extremist groups were in a race to mount the first terrorist atrocity on Australian soil, a court heard today.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

I guess we dont count the Sydney Hilton Bombing that killed 3 in 1978 ?
Its funny to see how "other" governments have dealt with terror.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
11/8/05 10:40 PM - Just saw on the TV News another raid has taken place on a suspected terrorist house in SW Sydney. That's all I know.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by IComeWithASword
Just more scare-mongering to pass a bill. How many of these supposed "terrorist" are actually charged and convicted rather than accepting some water downed version of guilt and released? Probably will be charged with waging a paintball war like the in the States. Justice my azz.

In the mean time, the real [state] terrorist invade countries and fatten the pockets of the bankers and arms dealers. Just more of the same bs.

Mate, make no mistake, this was no scare mongering, this is the real deal the proud, the free thinking nation of Asutralia passed laws days before this raid on terorists to make the whole process easier on an out dated and pathetic 19th century legal system.

I feel the Westernised countries of the world have been to weak and to politically correct, change is coming/nearing and some ways arrived.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by NumberCruncher]

[edit on 8-11-2005 by NumberCruncher]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Two rival extremist groups were in a race to mount the first terrorist atrocity on Australian soil, a court heard today.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

I guess we dont count the Sydney Hilton Bombing that killed 3 in 1978 ?
Its funny to see how "other" governments have dealt with terror.

Sounds like an episode of Benny Hill.
B1 versus B2 to have the biggest banana LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If that is the case then I win. No contest.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
17 suspects in all were arrested in Sydney and Melbourne early this morning (GMT +10:00).
Ingredients for triacetone tiperoxide or TATP, a highly volatile crystal explosive (used in the London bombings) were recovered from a property in Sydney.
One Sydney suspect was shot by police after opening fire on approaching officers, and wounding one officer in the hand. The suspect was wounded in the neck and is now under police guard in a stable condition in hospital. He was carrying a bag which was later found to contain another pistol.
Friends of the suspects arrested in Melbourne were involved in a scuffle with journalists outside the court. Police are reviewing the quite vast amount of footage the journalists took, intending to lay charges.

I don't have really much more to add, more just clearing up some of the mistakes in previous posts and give a clearer idea of the days events. Other things I will add (without reference though) is that I have heard on TV news that more raids have taken place tonight. Also, the Sydney and Melbourne groups were "competing" in a way. TV news also stated that in recorded conversations, the Melbourne group said the Sydney group was further ahead in procuring explosive material, the Melbourne group wanted to be "first".

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Whats happened to this band of democracy Killers? they got locked up then no news ?

Maybe there in Afghanistan having there toenails removed d?

join