It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avoid travel on Northwest Airlines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Not completely done with the thread. I would be interested to know how your experience is when you fly on NW next month. What I'm hearing from friends is that they are taking alot of delays over maintenance issues.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Apparently, most of the inspector's allegations had merrit as Northwest continues to correct its problems; though, the FAA states NWA continues to operate within FAA safety guidlines. Sounds like double-speak to me. Then there is this last paragraph of the article:

The FAA also said it was forming a new investigative team to look at additional allegations of NWA violations raised last month by the Department of Transportation inspector general's office.

So the DOT is investigating NWA--not the inspector.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
interestingly enough, my flight out of MSP was delayed for two hours due to improper idle on number one. the techs couldnt get it figured out at the gate, so they switched us to another aircraft. therefore, i will grudgingly admit that there may be more to this than i previously thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hey--welcome back Snafu. Sorry to hear about your experience.

On a different matter: Is it true that there are some controllers making almost $200,000 w/overtime and locality pay? If it is, I'm deffinitely in the wrong line of work.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
nope....just a few controllers up at NY tracon....and that's been addressed.

the faa administrator is using those few select cases of overtime/sicktime abuse to make us all look like greedy little bastards during the contract negotiations which are going on now.

Here for more info.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by snafu7700]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
nope....just a few controllers up at NY tracon....and that's been addressed.

the faa administrator is using those few select cases of overtime/sicktime abuse to make us all look like greedy little bastards during the contract negotiations which are going on now.

Here for more info.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by snafu7700]

.....Sounds like NATCA rhetoric to me!! Just kidding!!

[edit on 30-11-2005 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
hehe....now how did i know that was coming? :bnghd:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join