It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Amazing Facts About Voting in The USA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Twenty very interesting facts (with sources) about voting in the USA today. It's amazing that we waste our time voting at all...

Source

Did you know....
1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies: Diebold and ES&S.

www.onlinejournal.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers.

www.americanfreepress.net...
www.onlinejournal.com...
5. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be chairman of ES&S. He became Senator based on votes counted by ES&S machines.

www.motherjones.com...
www.onlinejournal.com...

6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, long-connected with the Bush family, was recently caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics Committee.

www.blackboxvoting.com...
www.hillnews.com...
www.onlisareinsradar.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Good post! Was just about to make one of my own about voteing progblems in my own state. This is a problem that really needs to be fixed, and I'm hopefull that it will be.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
And then we most wonder where the people's choices has gone.

But when you see the fight that the Democrats has put into fighting the way our voting systems is done you don't see a lot of opposition.

That alone tells you that it doesn't matter because they are in the same boat.

Now I will like to see where is the public outrage in the matter, you BH has been one of the few in these threads that has connected the dots.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The most interesting thing about the paperless ballots and the near certainty that the system was used to rig the election of 2004 in Bush's favor is that the Democrats have said virtually nothing about it.

I'm convinced that this is because, as with the odious Patriot Acts, the Democrats aren't really opposed to them. They want these powerful and oppressive measures to remain in place, ready for them to use when they regain power. They could potentially score some points against the Republicans by publicizing this story, but if they did so, then they wouldn't ever have the opportunity to use the system for their own benefit, and their own benefit is, as with all politicians, vastly more important than the well-being of the people.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have come to the realization that perhaps the reason for lack of outrage is that . . . when Democrats win the next elections they can then blame the Republicans for the taken of more of our civil rights.

It makes sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the PC game Civilisation Call to Power, in it you could implement a type of government called 'virtual democracy', where everyone would always have a computer on them so that no matter where they were they could easily vote in referendums/elections.

I know some people don't like no paper trail but if you received an email confirming that you had voted and who you had voted for (could be automated) then such a system wouldn't be hard to implement. IT Companies in each preccint/state would receive the job of implementing this so that no one/two company/companies would have a monopoly and therefore control over who we voted for. It's like NZ, where local printing companies get the job of printing ballots.

Sounds pretty cool to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
From whatever litlle i know about the US election process, it seems to me like a chaotic one. Maybe what is required is a bit of simplification and centralization.

Simplification in terms of the Voting Machines used, like the one we use here in India

www.eci.gov.in...

Add to this an Independant Centralised Authority for conducting the polls like the Election Comission in India and the whole election process woul be a lot better and transparent dont you think.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I have come to the realization that perhaps the reason for lack of outrage is that . . . when Democrats win the next elections they can then blame the Republicans for the taken of more of our civil rights.

It makes sense.

Were these companies in "Power" say in 1992-1998?

You think the Democrats will protect your civil rights....LOL!!

Neither of these parties care about you and your rights.

mod edit to fix quiote

[edit on 11-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Twenty very interesting facts (with sources) about voting in the USA today. It's amazing that we waste our time voting at all...

Source

Not only that Benevolent, but both the heads of Diebold and E.S. & S. are both very "proud" of "President" Bush. Those are plenty of reason why I do not go out and vote.

mod edit to shorten quote

[edit on 14-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

join