It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Policewomen Almost Beaten to Death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It is reported that these 3 women may possibly die and are in sirius condition.
In France the response time the officers called for were 2 hours in responding.
NOW, they are talking??? about calling in the Army--ineffective soldiers?
WHERE IS CHIRAC????
I have a special place in my soul for police officers, as if a person beats, kills a police officer, what do they do to civilians???????

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I know about that civilian that was taking a picture of the fires and got pulled out of his car and beaten to death, infront of his family.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I know about that civilian that was taking a picture of the fires and got pulled out of his car and beaten to death, infront of his family.

I got this news from Fox.
What in the world is ANYONE doing?
Is America going to intervene?
We have too much going on as is..
Why does Chirac call on his EU buddies to help with this massacre?????

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

I got this news from Fox.
What in the world is ANYONE doing?
Is America going to intervene?
We have too much going on as is..
Why does Chirac call on his EU buddies to help with this massacre?????

We cant get involved, its an internal conflict.
We'll make it worse.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The riots, at their root, stem from dissatisfaction regarding housing conditions for immigrants right? The people burning cars and beating police nearly to death are upset because they don't live in nice, safe houses, like most people in Europe.

Well, the oldest fact about immigration, no matter what country you consider, is that newly arrived immigrants spend several generations in poverty and danger, and then over time integrate into the system completely and find a niche.

The same thing happened in America with Chinese, Polish, Irish, Italian, and every other immigrant group. It happens to be well accepted that if you move to a new country, with nothing but the clothes on your back, you and your family will have to live in squalor for several generations.

After a while things get better, but it takes hard work and perseverance. Burning cars and throwing molotoc cocktails at tourists is a great way to get your neighborhood bulldozed and everyone who looks remotely like you shipped off to country of origin X.

The police are understandably more interested in keeping things from getting worse rather than trying to make them better. It's a powder keg they're sitting on, and I don't blame them for their timid reaction to the riots. Everyone's hoping it will just sputter out.

Unfortunately, it only appears to be gaining momentum.

I don't know what I'd do in Chirac's place, I honestly don't. He could deploy military troops to the effected neighborhoods, but that would more likely than not result in more deaths, and more unrest. He could simply authorize police to round up every male out-of-doors after six o'clock or something, but that would, once again, result in even more unrest.

I honetly can't see a viable solution to this problem that won't make it worse or fail to make it better.

The same things have happened in many different places because of the treatment of immigrants. I'm not sure of any recent examples on this scale, it certainly seems to be quite bad by any measurement.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
WTF;

IF I am an immigrant, I have the right for the government to provide me a mansion and filet mignon?
There is NO WAY in h^^L this should or can be tolerated.This is just giving other ideas on how to RIOT.
They are now in Nice and Cannes..
Chirac--now---we must have to get this under control???????????
This is what LIBERAL-save the world countries have to deal with is they allow criminal elements in due to lax-liberal policies..
SHOOT them...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

WTF;

IF I am an immigrant, I have the right for the government to provide me a mansion and filet mignon?
There is NO WAY in h^^L this should or can be tolerated.This is just giving other ideas on how to RIOT.
They are now in Nice and Cannes..
Chirac--now---we must have to get this under control???????????
This is what LIBERAL-save the world countries have to deal with is they allow criminal elements in due to lax-liberal policies..
SHOOT them...

Exscuse me? You want to bring politics into this take it to PTS, this is rather serios since its happeneing on my doorstep...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hmmm, an interesting if rather obvious 'vehicle' for some more sad French & Chirac bashing me thinks.

France cerainly has some serious race problems, these are not helped by having a large racist political party stirring up troubles and provoking members of some of the other political parties into attempting to sound like they are 'stealing some of the clothes' of the racists.

Trying to pretend it is so out of hand that the international community needs to be called in is simply laughable.

'Loyalist' were rioting for several nights in the UK (Belfast) in sept.....where were your calls for intervention then?
I suppose when it isn't Muslims......hmmmm?

[edit on 6-11-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Do we have a link to this story?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sorry all, I cannot discuss this in any rational way, and I wish not to create more karma, so I will stay out of this..bless you all who are close..

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I saw this on FOX News Live too. I'm wondering if the police will go on strike during the riots if the gov't doesn't call out the military now like the police union wants them to.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

I got this link from the BBC. Makes some good reading, but i think Chirac seems to have very little knowledge on what to do about it.

This link gives a bit more info as to why things are happening.
news.bbc.co.uk...
sorry for all the edits, but i keep finding more and more info on the riots.
news.bbc.co.uk...

I have still to find anything on the the three police women who were allegedly caught up in it.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

I was shown on Foxnews..This is the only LINK, but it does not mention the 3 women,,I am outta here, just aghast--speechless

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I was shown on Foxnews..This is the only LINK, but it does not mention the 3 women,,I am outta here, just aghast--speechless

Do we know for certain that this happened at all?

I have searched numerous sites and kind find nothing.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
]]Police injured

The northern town of Evreux in Normandy saw some of the worst unrest on Saturday night with at least 30 cars burned along with three shops, the local authorities said.

A school was also petrol-bombed in the town while four police officers were injured in clashes with youths, some of them reportedly wielding baseball bats.[[[[

From the BBC link.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Having just done some more searching, i found this link to a site that seems to be very strong against Chirac.

The dates start with Saturday, October 29, 2005, but then go on to other things. There is some links to other site with information, but i am not sure it is in context with the topic of this thread.
Its worth a look if nothing else.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Grow a sac France, bring in the army and start killing these scum.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The French can call this "urban unrest," but the reports I have heard say that there is considerable electronic coordination among the "rioters," that authorities have found large caches of weapons, bombs and bomb-making materials, clothing designed to conceal identity, and there have been calls for jihad against France.

I would call this guerilla warfare. The French will do what the French will do, but I would suggest a military response, if the French still have one, as the French police have been described as too small to respond adequately and that these "unrested ones" live in areas that are so crime-ridden that the police do not enter them even during more quiet times because of fear for their lives.

[edit on 2005/11/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I would call this guerilla warfare. The French will do what the French will do, but I would suggest a military response, if the French still have one, as the French police have been described as too small to respond adequately and that these "unrested ones" live in areas that are so crime-ridden that the police do not enter them even during more quiet times because of fear for their lives.

The French police are inadequate, and the French Army must still be manning the Maginot Line, so the only real answer is the perennial Gaul "men of arms."

The German Army.

Heck, they're about due to come across the Rhine again anyways.

I'm sure the French would be more comfortable surrendering to them, vice the domestic alternative.

Dismissed.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Chirac has pled for calm several times now with no results.

This has been going on over a week, and spread to twenty cities. It is way past the time to call in the military, esp. if they are now finding caches of weapons, etc.

This is being steered from the outside. France is a test ground. If they can burn it down, what chance does the rest of the continent have?
News Flash from Fox:

12 Police Officers Hit By Lead Bullets South of ? in France.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join