It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Ever Play Dumb or Just Stay Silent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
When around your families or friends who are not in accord with the subjects, do you just agree with basic chit-chat or do you just stay silent and be known as 'the strange one'?
I do inane, saying 'how many types of aliens you think there are'?
And let the chips fall where they lay?
Long ago, I used to give out lots of candy in my neighborhood to kids and became the 'candy lady.' on a daily basis.
Put a big old black wash pot in my yard and a broom, and now I am known as the weird lady who was married to a cop..
INANE works..

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sure, you say that now......but what if you had this lady for a neighbor or relative?? ( Borrowed this link from RANT's thread).

This is why some of us keep our beliefs to ourselves at family gatherings!

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Sure, you say that now......but what if you had this lady for a neighbor or relative?? ( Borrowed this link from RANT's thread).

This is why some of us keep our beliefs to ourselves at family gatherings!

If I had me as a neighbor, I would spend hours with her, trying to become wiser..One is either born to uncover secrets or else, as in my family, $$ is the only wisdom they seek.Just walking through my home is a TRIP for the masses..Morticia??
Ever wonder why you were born into the family you were?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Good example of whatof I speak, I have been in this home for 29 years, My Mother came to see me twice one time when I had had a surgery, but she would not spend the Night.
My sister has been here once, and that was because I had admired a ring she had on and I told her, she could look through all my pearls and fine jewelry for her too look at. She could have her pick in exchange for that ring..
She picked out the most expensive pearls I had and she told me she would give me the ring later..her hudband [s good p-whipped man] told me her had the jewelry appraised and were not real.He WAS LYING for her.
I know she is my sister, but she is an evil witch.
Just saying all this, to let you know, basic people are crearing bad karma when they cannot recognize or abuse an honest seeker who had never hurt anyone on purpose.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Personally, I try to share what I know. However, on a lot of issues I stay silent. Often times I prefer to let others debate politics whereas I stay quiet.

Why?

A few reasons. Often times both sides are missing the issue and it's not worth it to get into a large argument about it ("Bush isn't conservative" "Republican jerk!!!"). But more often than not, it's really fun to watch the people. I usually stand by, and interject things to make sure they stay along the track I want.

People are so manipulatable.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think it was Twain who said "better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought of as a dullard than speak and confirm it"

S. like you I used to throw out tidbits to see if anyone would bite but as the years rolled buy I became less of a troll and more of a listener. Of course it depends on the company but for some reason I don't have much to say any more as I have realized it's not my job to try and change folks minds. Sort of like the analogy I have used in the past: It's like trying to explain the rules of seven card stud to a pig; It's futile and it annoys the pig.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Personally, I try to share what I know. However, on a lot of issues I stay silent. Often times I prefer to let others debate politics whereas I stay quiet.

Why?

A few reasons. Often times both sides are missing the issue and it's not worth it to get into a large argument about it ("Bush isn't conservative" "Republican jerk!!!"). But more often than not, it's really fun to watch the people. I usually stand by, and interject things to make sure they stay along the track I want.

People are so manipulatable.

Good view of things you have..I have joined innumerable metaphysical groups, looking for a believer as DEVOTED as I am.Too no avail.Among these groups all there is is ego battle which sicken me.
I offer help to everyone I can, but I get weary of it falling on deaf ears.
You must be using Majick, as I find people to be so ID-Driven, nothing really matters to them but the basic bottom 2/3rds of the Maslow pyramid.
What is you manipulation secret?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.

That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Ever wonder why you were born into the family you were?

Most definately.......and some of mine sound like yours, always trying to con me out of something, even though they have way more than I!! And they act like they're being sooo helpful, like I can't see thru the smoke they're blowing! Ha.

Amorymeltzer,......my brother in law does that very thing??!! Most of the time I just stand back and watch the show!! While that bunch is weirder, they are more entertaining, and really less likely to be as shifty as my (shudder) own relatives.

I would try to claim I was adopted, but I look tooo much like my Mom!

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
[[It's futile and it annoys the pig.]]]

Yes, let me give you a tycical occurence in my life.. A few years after my divorce, I decided I need to date some..
Well, guess what showed up when I had put an ad on a phone line, seeking like-minded men..[A Rothschild ]I sneaked around and found out MUCH, I had stepped into an illuminati nest..I listened very carefully.. but they talk in code..a code I recognized, oddly.
The Universe works in devious ways.

new topics

top topics

join