It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Seen the Blue Code on Your Street?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Gonna make this a puzzle. For years nor when driving at night, every so often there is a blue object about the size of a baseball implanted in the street that glows when you headlights train on them.
Me, conspiracy theorist that I am was imagining all types of things..
I was told by a 'police officer' what these are, but I am not at all sure he is telling me the truth..
Anyone else have these on their rural streets?

[edit on 5-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Not yet- but will be on the lookout. One more thing to worry about...

If you go over it the police is notified that you might be drunk driving?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Surely you aren't talking about the reflector that marks where a fire hydrant is, are you?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I web searched to find that they are used primarily for marking locations of fire hydrants on streets.

Example:
www.hyviz.com...

Blue Raised Pavement Markers
Blue reflective lenses alert firefighters to each hydrant!
When used with HY-VIZ markers, your hydrant will be
noticed in ANY weather condition - year round!

Florida State Highway Dept:

Rapid location of fire hydrants can be hindered by shrubbery or parked vehicles blocking the view from fire apparatus on the travelled way. Accordingly, local fire agencies have been installing blue RPMs on the pavement surface to more readily locate hydrants. These markers are not traffic control devices but are a significant aid to public safety. Uniformity in application is essential for locating purposes and to ensure they do not distract from official traffic control devices.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You are referring to "Bott's Dots."

It's a safety reflector that was developed back in the 50's.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Shortest thread in history..
That was what he told me, but I have a fire hydrant directly across the street from me and there ain't no blue coders

Why is my street left out?

Dg--If this is true, then we do not have to worry about drunk drivers..drunk fireman? joke..

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
ZPE;

Thank you for those links,,I just know I have not noticed any on my street.why was I left out??

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
[[You are referring to "Bott's Dots."

It's a safety reflector that was developed back in the 50's. ]]]

Seems so, I must have been driving BLIND..just now seen them in the last 3 yrs.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Neighbor Thomas;

You have won the grand prize for you being the first, and it is [drum roll]
will have to read more of my inane posts.. congratulations~

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ouch, 4 posts. Why not just one?

We have those things here too, but not at our old house, so it probaly depends on your area.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nv;

Over and out for me..little bandwith used, few points for me,I appreciate people who are on here, and I try to respond nicely.
You gave me the correct answer..old home area..adios.....

[edit on 5-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I thought you were talking about that whole "roadmap for fema" thing where the gov't puts markers on the back of road signs for directing military units and things like that...

(i don't see why military units would need these markers though... )

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaker
I thought you were talking about that whole "roadmap for fema" thing where the gov't puts markers on the back of road signs for directing military units and things like that...

I am not familiar with those.. I shall investigate..Is everybody who is in public service or military need locators?

My Stang is green, do you love yours..I and everybody else loves mine..

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

I am not familiar with those.. I shall investigate..Is everybody who is in public service or military need locators?

Of course I love my stang...

I'll see if I can dig up more information on what that was...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

I am not familiar with those.. I shall investigate..Is everybody who is in public service or military need these?

Of course I love my stang...

Thank you, I would appreciate that..
I'll see if I can dig up more information on what that was...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yeah this was posted up back in June of 03 on ATS...

Here's the link...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Yeah this was posted up back in June of 03 on ATS...

Here's the link...

thank you mucho!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of blue reflective markers on streets. It's kind of irritating when someone puts them right where your tires normally travel and you end up hearing a kaplunk kaplunk as you run over them and know it can't be good for your tires to do that everyday. Someone told me the blue reflectors mark the location of utilities next to the road. I was thinking, just wait for a good snowfall and a snowplow to rip all those off the road. Some roads are clear after a few snowfalls now.

The reflective markers marking the middle of the road were a great safety feature but I don't care for whoever likes to place the other markers where your tires have to run over them all the time. I believe I've seen a few markers get torn up by everyones tires after enough time. Someone even put a blue marker in the road right where I turn to leave the entrance/exit where I work at. I run over it all the time as well. I think if someone was looking for a conspiracy here it would be to ruin tires by placing these blue reflectors where you have to run over them.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I think if someone was looking for a conspiracy here it would be to ruin tires by placing these blue reflectors where you have to run over them.

I knew that Goodyear was up to something....

I would have to agree with one of the posts above, (or in the thread where that link I provided goes... too lazy to check), on how the reflectors on the signs would be used for navigations for military convoys/troop movements during GPS outages.

My experience with aircraft GPS systems shows that they can and do experience outages sometimes. Not necessarily the satellites themselves, but the equipment used. The satellites are shielded for the most part with what they do so there's not much that damages them. However for the equipment the military uses, those get damaged all the time and need to be fixed or replaced often.

I think if these would be legit they'd be there for backup to the backup to the backup for navigation.

Oh and I think someone said that it was also used for the UN or NATO military units to be able to navigate.... but why would they need to do that?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
We have them too.

In snow country the dots are placed in recesses in the street so they do not stick up above the street surface.

For the plow blade.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join