It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't you see this coming!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just watched another news story about Iran this one on over 150,000 'hard liners' burning US and UK flags. Chanting death to America/UK the usual. Iranians saying destroy israel, basically War,War,War. The Iranians are about to go into full production at their nuclear plant. If you believe just for electricity then......Anyway I have two points.

1. I'm sick of watching these idiots burning flags and chanting death to my country and then say we are war mongerers.

2. When not if they make a bomb they will use it, they are crazy enough.

I think it may be a good idea to set them back technology wise a few decades and for the liberals out their ok, if they stop being completely anti western and start playing the game maybe then you could start trusting these guys.

Not when they are trying to get missiles that have a very long range and a nuclear plant with material that could be turned into a N-Bomb. If Bush said Iran had to be wiped out (in comparison to the Iranian Ministers conversation on Israel) what sort of storm would that have raised. If americans and British people start burning Iranian flags would that make them feel nervous. I think thats what causes me to agree with doing whatever it takes to stop the War on terror. Its us or them when it boils down to it.

Guess im just annoyed at the minute with these fanatics.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
all u should do to stop the war is wrap george w bush in wrapping papper with a nice bow over to iraq an iran....hes the hole reason people need to stand up not jus one a hole nation to over throw the goverment....make the new president a decent hardworking family oriented ....anti war....less polution.... we need a hole new goverment....seriously people...we need to fight for are rights... before we have none

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It would be cool if we could gather a couple hundred thousand people in New York and London to burn Iranian flags and chant "death to Iran!!!" But for some reason I don't see it happening.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hey dj That's a fantastic idea!
Oops, wait a minute...... Um.... ah.... we would all get arrested and called racists,,,

Got to love the "free world" and the freedom of (not)speeach

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikillaliens
all u should do to stop the war is wrap george w bush in wrapping papper with a nice bow over to iraq an iran....hes the hole reason people need to stand up not jus one a hole nation to over throw the goverment....

First of all, I am not a George Bush supporter.

BUT...

Iran has been chanting death to America long before either Bush was President. After all, the very "revolution" what brought on their new regime started with the capture of the US embassy in Tehran in 1979.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
But....when other nations do it we just label them as those "crazy people"....obviously cultraly we are different, so does that explain their extremism?? certaintly not an excuse.....
What im trying to say as have the author, is that if bush or blair did that they would be out of a job the next day, ME ppl can usualy get away with being this way, ie burning flags....But its obvious that goverments in these places control the populace tighter than here politically.So this is goverment driven, whip up a frenzy, so i think they are easily influenced.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This all shows how shallow people think.

Why hate Americans? It is the American leaders they should be hating. I didn't do anything. Why hate Iran? The Iranians didn't do anything, it's the leaders that are doing it all.

The American and Iranian governments should be fighting each other and leave us people out of it. It is their doing, not ours.

How would THAT be for a reality tv show?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

Why hate Americans? It is the American leaders they should be hating. I didn't do anything. Why hate Iran? The Iranians didn't do anything, it's the leaders that are doing it all.

The American and Iranian governments should be fighting each other and leave us people out of it. It is their doing, not ours.

I so agree but judging by what we got in office in the US we would get our butts kicked. They like to talk about war but most have not been to war, they got deferments and a cushiony post in Texas.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Angry mob burns flags. Therefore government will use atomic weapons without hesistation the minute they get them...

I remember watching millions of people marching through London against the Iraq war, i was one of them. Where are UK troops now?

Governments dont do what protestors want!

Its simplistic and slightly racist to think that Iran will use atom bombs because of a bunch of politically motivated protestors. We all know that the government is evil, we all know that the people are fed propaganda to keep them quiet about the state of affairs in their country.

The simplicity stems from the fact that the poster has not taken domestic Iranian politics into acount. The rasicm comes from the general impression given by some on this board that Iranians are nothing more than uppity wogs with no idea about the world beyond a 'burn america' attitude. Unconciously people seem to reduce intellegent, oppressed people to rabid fanatics because it easier for them to cope with.

This may well have been a state sponsered anti american riot, but the state doesnt sponder them because of a desire for nuclear war. This is a way for the Iranian state to calm the people and distract them from tigheting up of social rules. This is all internal politics aimed at allowing for a quiet transtion from a relatively liberal (by Islamic fundamentalist standards) system to a more Taliban style government without attracting massive protest.

By shouting at foriegners people lose sight of domestic issues.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
UNCLE JOE - straight forward question, would you trust Iran with nuclear weapons with there current hard line attitude to the west and israel.

For my two pence/cents - I would not, simply put - I don't even trust Israel with there weapons. Ive watched so many news programmes recently and over the years about the Iranians, rhetoric is ok but enough is enough. Like others have mentioned you don't see middle class US citizens in the thousands burning Iranian flags, do you. I see it coming to a head some time soon.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't trust any .gov with nuclear weapons, frankly.
Put your trust in politicians and you're bound to get burned.

However, Iran is 1) years away from having any nukes 2) many more years away from having enough to constitute a real threat - Israel already has hundreds, the US has thousands. As Uncle Joe has pointed out, the bellicose statements by Iranian leaders are domestic political games, Iran is in no position to threaten Israel or the US.

The Iranian "threat" is entirely bogus, and just another cheap attempt to sucker the population into supporting another failed resource grab. You'd think after Iraq people would be a little more cagey, but some people never learn...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm seeing a bad reoccurance of threads that are not terror-related in the WoT forum.

Are you guys thinking that anything that has to do with nations talking crap to one another is terror?
Come on!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
2) many more years away from having enough to constitute a real threat - Israel already has hundreds, the US has thousands.

To Constitute a real threat, one needs to have many Nuclear weapons?

The U.S and Isreal may have many, However, The only one that constitutes a threat is the one that gets dropped. Everything else is simply insurance.

NR

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Originally posted by xmotex
2) many more years away from having enough to constitute a real threat - Israel already has hundreds, the US has thousands.

To Constitute a real threat, one needs to have many Nuclear weapons?

The U.S and Isreal may have many, However, The only one that constitutes a threat is the one that gets dropped. Everything else is simply insurance.

and how will it get dropped? hmm let me see we we dont have any bombers, or nuclear capable subs. Oh wait i got it lets do it through a kite or Shahab, but i thought it already had chemical and biological weapons inside?.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

and how will it get dropped? hmm let me see we we dont have any bombers, or nuclear capable subs. Oh wait i got it lets do it through a kite or Shahab, but i thought it already had chemical and biological weapons inside?.

Iran successfuly tests 2000-km range ballistic missile

Try those on for size NR

NR

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
your answering my question again smarty
, Shahab already has good enough warhead to make it dangerous so no need for nukes. I dont waste my time on people who dont use their brain. Now you can make comfort and start talkin to yourself again with all your propoganda BS and when we do get nukes and dont use them i know you'll start being a suck up to me and get banned for all that crapp you posted.

You have added skippytjc to your Ignore List. Refresh the current page to remove their posts from the thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
your answering my question again smarty
, Shahab already has good enough warhead to make it dangerous so no need for nukes. I dont waste my time on people who dont use their brain. Now you can make comfort and start talkin to yourself again with all your propoganda BS and when we do get nukes and dont use them i know you'll start being a suck up to me and get banned for all that BS info you post.

You have added skippytjc to your Ignore List. Refresh the current page to remove their posts from the thread.

umm, NR, as much as i hate to agree with skippy, he has a point. you specifically asked "how will it get dropped?" he merely pointed out that you do indeed have the capability to send a nuke to another country in the middle east, and will soon (by your own admission) be able to reach other parts of the world. i understand you argument of the chemical WMDs you already have, but he did make a valid point.

NR

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yeah we do have the capability but how could we have nukes when U.S experts say were about 10 years away, we only want the nuke so that we wont be threatend by U.S. and that we can join the nuclear club soon enough not waste our time on Israel. If both Iran and Israel have nukes than both of each other wont be having anymore conflicts on who has more power.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

i actually have an idea about that.

we have huge expanses of unsettled desert out west. why dont we fence off an area, say 100 miles by 100 miles, and invite nations that want to kill each other in for a price to have their wars? we could televise it, and bring in the UN as international referees. we would also inspect the equipment of both sides before the fight to insure that no one is using WMDs. no one is allowed to bring in reinforcements...you fight with what youve got. when theyve had enough, or killed each other off completely, the war is over.

NR

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
LOOL and in that fence we'll have some 1on1 matches mullahs against the zionist governemt. Mullahs are big fans of star wars so people would be seeing light sabers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join