It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yer all jus' a bunch o' crazy conspiracy theorists.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
When I was younger, my little sister caught me taking a roll of quarters from my parents. I told her to hush and went to the 7-11 and spent some. When I came home, she said she was going to tell on me.

I said "Go ahead!"

I quickly filled in the missing quarters with washers that my dad had in his tool area, put a quarter at the end and returned the roll where I found it.'

My parents came home, my sister told on me, and I made her out to be a crazy person. "The roll of quarters is where it is supposed to be. Open it and see."

It worked, my sister was in trouble and I got away...

Until they spent the quarters.

Today I find myself in the same position as my sister. At work and at the firehouse, I find that I cannot say much about what I've learned over the years about 911, our presidents, honest voting, religion, ect. without being labeled a 'conspiracy theorist". And it is said in such a way that you know it is almost laughable - they obviously don't take any of it seriously because it wasn't on Fox news at 10.

You can say that Clinton was pervert and everyone will agree because it's been proven now and all over the tv, but if you say bu$h admin bent the intelligence to start the illegal Iraq war, you become some sort of freak of nature. If you say that Jesus is not the creator, you are thought to be posessed or something. If you say WTC 7 was domolished, it is laughed at.

Why is this? Why are so many closed minded and so trusting in their own thoughts? Do many of you experience the same thing?

I ain't no stinkin' freak and I ain't no stinkin' conspiracy theorist. I simply theorize that stinkin' conspiracies are freakin' possible.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I encounter this all the time. The powers that be are not stupid, and they seem to be very well prepared. I am fairly certain that a concerted effort has been put forth to condition people not to accept 'conspiracy theories.' The internet is a very useful tool for such an effort.

I often respond to those who laugh at any mention of corruption with "I bet there were many good Germans in the early 1930's who were laughed at too."

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
To put it bluntly, people dont care. People think you are crazy if you have a few conspiracies up your sleeve, THE MORE YOU CARE, the less they care.

Denial is safety to people. Beleiving in all this stuff we talk about here would rattle peoples cages too much- so they shrug it off.

Its sort of like telling your family you're going into a great business, Amway

Anyhow, i have it all over my friends and relatives who do not beleive anything. I'm not a narrowminded boob like they are.

I could talk about anything but, like you, nobody will listen.

By the way, all my loving friends and family like to call me Henny Penny (of the sky is falling fame)

Explosives at the WTC? What are you nuts?
Exactly.

There is nothing wrong with researching everything and arriving at your conclusions. Thats why we exist. ATS has provided a great outlet for those who otherwise would be labeled "nuts"

Take Care.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"ATS has provided a great outlet for those who otherwise would be labeled "nuts".."

Lol....So thats what i am.....but yes i agree with u.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
sometimes i have a little language problem.

I meant it in the nicest way, of course.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I totally agree... People want to believe what they are told to believe simply because it doesn't go against the norm. If you look into just about everything you'll see that there are different sides to a story that people that spin the popular belief do not want the majority of people to truly know.

Those people who never took the answer "Because I said so" when they were kids have grown up to be people who truly investigate the Truth and when you speak out against these people you are labeled a "Conspiracy Theorist", a "Nut Job", or a "Basket Case".

I am actually glad to find more and more people not just sitting back and accepting what we are told, but going out and looking for the Truth.

Phae

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Are more and more people are opening their mind.
Even to the basics of the goverment not telling the truth, i think that thinking has increased especially with certain ppl in power.....

Now my other point is...i have a little daughter, whom stays with me on the weekend, and when she gets up we watch telly for like 3year olds range..
and im surprised at all the UFO topics inserted into storylines these days, im not talking about movies, adult programs, im talkin real kindergarten stuff.....
i think, there will be some sort of staged disclosure. and this is a way of guiding us into that softly.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well to tell you the truth most people take what the authorities tell them as the truth. Unadulterated.. This is the same type of thing I was talking about in My thread titled how to control people. anyway, most people have grown up duped for yeras, even in the wave of mounting evidence, still do not want to believe what you say.. of course, they already in a comfort zone, that they do not want to wake up and realize that the ltruth they have been told for years, have been really Lies....

Take for example my mum, we had a discussion about religion , the bible all that and so on.. and she was really like oh, do you believe in the holy Bible? I said like Oh depends on which bible you are talking about, Maybe I believe in the dead sea scrolls which are hidden from us by the Vatican , etc, but not the KJV of the bible, because it's a version, diffrent, from the original...

Then she said to me: `` oh be careful about the path you are descending son, you are gaining too much knowledge, you know too much knowledge is not good.. you can get mad ..

To tell you the truth my fellow ATS brothers and sisters, I was astounded, at what she said to me... That was the beginning of the whole miseducation of the masses. They are told that Too much knowledge isn't good.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Then she said to me: `` oh be careful about the path you are descending son, you are gaining too much knowledge, you know too much knowledge is not good.. you can get mad ..

To tell you the truth my fellow ATS brothers and sisters, I was astounded, at what she said to me... That was the beginning of the whole miseducation of the masses. They are told that Too much knowledge isn't good.

Exactly!!!.....but, it's not "too much information or knowledge" it's TOO MUCH KNOWLEDGE ON SUBJECTS THAT WE ARENT SUPPOSED TO BE INTERESTED IN. sorry for the caps just tryin to make a point

Im a pretty easy guy to get along with, i talk with everyone about everything. But when i start adding things i have learned from ats into discussions with my friends the mood seems to change. It goes from everyone being interested and contributing to the subject, to people just kinda looking at me with stares of disbelief...as if i have gone off the deep end. I dunno, maybe it takes a kind of special open minded person to take in all the information on this site, and some people are just scared of opening up...or for some reason arent able to.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
...and im surprised at all the UFO topics inserted into storylines these days, im not talking about movies, adult programs, im talkin real kindergarten stuff.....

Or, it could be just getting you to place such things along the lines of 'fiction'.

Many of the things we talk about here can be found in a movie or a TV show. We know the show is fiction, so it's contents are fiction too.

Conditioning?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I got so frustrated about a month ago when I got a little excited talking about 911 with a friend of mine. He said one line that is still running through my mind, irritating the hell out of me ;"You shouldn't take this conspiracy stuff so seriously".

To me that just sums it all up. I thought he was a descent guy, I honestly could not beilieve he said that.

The people runnig this planet are incredibly intelligent and have thought things through so well, all our encounters with people that are so ridiculously closed minded prove this.

In regards to the ufo and alien references in the media (tv shows etc.) I have always thought of it as a means to creating the illusion that such things could be none other than fiction. When MIB came out I really thought that film was a chunk of propaganda. Men in black? That film makes it all seem so comical; taking the p1ss out of it all.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by The_Modulus]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
godservant, people will go just so far, and that's as far as you'll get them to go.

For example, you mentioned Clinton. His immoral behavior and lying is what many think was his major problems. There are many deep, dark hideous secrets that people don't want to grasp; especially the Democrats who supported him.
Let's look at Bush; there are a few people here who support Bush's anti-terror campaign. Iran, for example, seems to be a target, and many are all for it. On the other hand, many here are behind Iran because they think Bush is a one-man tyrannist wannabe. Neither side can see beyond their narrow points of view. Anything outside of these notions will cause them to think you are mad, mad, MAD!

Within conspiracist circles, we look suspiciously at one another; why would you think people outside our circles would see us in better light?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
...why would you think people outside our circles would see us in better light?

I think it is because most people won't accept anything unless it comes from someone with authority.

Folks go to church and accept what ever the church leader says.

People thought Clinton/Lewinski was a 'conspiracy theory' until someone with authority said it was true. It was fiction until a 'suit' said it was fact.

People don't seem to be able to accept anything unless someone above them tells them to.

If I said "there are UFO's", folks laugh. If Bush said "there are UFO's", people believe. Odd - he lies more than I.

So sad. So many followers.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No body likes to talk about conspiracy theories because nobody wants to expend the energy or thought about such things. Every one wants to believe that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this world. And only adhere to their own personal bubble.

The only things they really think about is going to work and coming home to a family and watching the football game on sundays. No one even votes any more except for a presidential election and even then its still pretty shallow.

We here on ats are all seekers. Trying to push the lines of philosophy and expand on knowledge pertaining to pretty much everything that exsists. Thank god for open minded people!!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Americans worship at the feet of authority figures. It is so much easier to believe than question. Looking at an issue requires effort that most Americans aren't willing to make. This imo is one of the greatest conspiracy theories of all. People are programed to believe authority figures and reject as stupid or insane anyone who questions authority.

You really have to admire in a perverse sort of way; the master craftsmen that mold and shape public opinion, ideology, religion, consumerism etc. like clay in the hands of a potter.

On a personal level, it has taken years for me to learn to "keep my big mouth shut" except on forums like this one where even the most bizarre theories are freely discussed. It must be painful for the status quo addicts here to have to try and debunk so much stuff. It surely shows the tenacity of FAITH and the skill of those that define reality for the masses.

I'm astonished at the number of one finger salutes I receive because of my "question authority" bumper sticker.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The looks on peoples faces when I talk about conspiracies should be enough to shut me up, but usually it isn't and then I just sink lower and lower in their eyes.

It seems like the old standard of never talking religion or politics has been replaced by the new bug-a-boo...conspiracies!

People love to talk religion these days. If it isn't New Age stuff like Wicca, Reiki or healing stones, it's Christian fundamentalism and the latest Pat Robertson gaffe.

And politics, at least where I live, is the topic of choice (right after hockey, which really is just another religion).

But, start talking about the NWO and people go flat in the face. Aliens is a movie and corporate skullduggery is small time politics.

I look at it this way: if a measure of a man is the importance of his enemies, then, today, the measure of a conspiracy theorist is the stunned looks on listeners.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Personally, I think many are simply afraid to even consider the possibilities as this would require
changes
in their way of thinking, the way they look at the world around them and how they lead their lives.

[edit on 11/4/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i have actually began to lose my self and end up judging others intelligence based on their ability to reason when presented with conspiracy theorys

like people who scoff at the mere suggestion that aliens "Might Exist"
i consider them best for flipping burgers due to the fact they cannot think logically, but watch out; these same people are famous for getting your fast food order wrong
"I said plain and dry, where in that do you get the idea to give me a burger with only onions on it?"

like for instance my twin brother; hes a Physics professor at Univ., and i mentioned the 9-11 conspiracy stuff 2 him ; keep in mind he had NEVER heard any of it before
and when i presented him with several pieces of information he said "Im totally convinced the conspiracy theorists are correct"

when i saw his reaction; i automatically gained respect for him due to the fact he was able to perform Critical Thinking, and apply his knowledge of physics to the situation and form his own opinion

for all i know; hes on ATS right now reading my posts; but doesnt realize im his twin bro because i didnt tell him my name

my grandmother was just like the majority of conformists
she is a hard - core christian *southern baptist no less*

it has taken me years; but i believe i have convinced her that ALiens do exist and that God made them *since god's infinite and all*

In this particular case; i had to Use the Bible as a referance to convince her because she only listens to the Bible

I pulled out Ezekiel*spelling * and showed her exactly what it says
I said "Doesnt this sound just like an Alien Saucer landing?
She was amazed; and since then she listens to alien stuff with a more open mind

She used to believe the gov't was good and infallible
But with the help of news agencys; ive been able to prove to her the truth is the oppisite that the Gov't is totally corrupt

what im getting at here is that we have 3 kinds of people
-those who can figure things out on their own when presented with evidence or hypothetical circumstancial evidence

- those who Are intelligent; but require a very long period of slowly bringing the truth to them piece by piece *and you must convert your ideas into their format if you ever want to convince them* Example :use the bible to convince them aliens might actually exist after all

- and those who will never listen to reason; who will refuse to think logically at every step , and who would rather shoot you with a gun rather than chill and have a beer with you

the majority of people fall into the middle catagory
we Can convince them; but it will take time and clever manuvering

its about patience and adaptability more than anything else

and about the 3rd type who will never listen? just ignore them
they are a waste of time

but never be afriad of someone laughing at the conspiracy theorys
just Laugh with them and say "I Know its nuts huh?? But its probably true!"

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
TCsays: "On the other hand, many here are behind Iran because they think Bush is a one-man tyrannist wannabe. "

Not quite fair. I doubt if anyone here is "behind" Iran. We'd rather just not be on TOP of Iran.
The rest of the sentence would apply.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hi All,

I find the lable "Conspiracy Theorists", just that, a convenient lable to place on the box that you have now been put in. I used to hate being called one, because the persons eyes and body language told me that I was paranoid and could no longer be taken seriously. I now gleefuly accept the lable when thrown at me, because I now use it to my advantage.

I hesitantly bring up any information in a conversation that proves to be "controversial" or against the mainstream form of thought. When I do, however, I first lable myself as a crazy conspiracy therorist, and then speak of unaswered questions, anomolies, strange occurances, Logic (in tems of how our greed-based society works), and my opinion on what I believe may really be going on. Many of my friends and family look at me for a second, considering what I have said, and then promptly laugh it off and either change the subject or repeat the "official" line. I dont mind.

I used to get mad because I saw their behaviours a being uncaring, lazy and "fantasy driven", until I spent more time reading about media indoctrinization. It was a concept that I had heard of before, mainly as experiments by the govt in the 40's and 50's. Yet I started picking up on the reality of it when I stopped watching t.v. .(I still watch a bit of tv, but it now averages about 20 hours a month instead of 40 hrs a week.) Many of the "educational" t.v. shows are laced with either more opinion than fact, or with facts twisted to suit the accepted "truth" of the matter.

Media (all forms) tells people what to think, believe, and what are acceptable behaviors. In 2003, media informed the populace of the US that to question the war or oppose it was unpatriotic and damn near treason. (Oh, how my frustration raged when I could find no one outside of a forum with which to discuss how I felt about the war.) Now it has been deemed an acceptible topic because the media has labled it so. In essence the media places people into a unquestioning type of stupor, which is then inforced by friends, neighbors, family, work-mates, etc. .

I do however, feel that many people want to be lead and influenced in this way. Some people are too caught up in their own personal dramas to care about external issues. Some do not want to put forth the mental effort and deal with the responsibility of being informed. It is easier to repeat what the official line is from "reliable" news sources, and then they have someone to blame if that official line turns out to be false.

I do feel that alot more people are doing research for themselves and are becoming aware of what is going on in our world. I dont know if this is because of all of the natural disasters that been happening lately or if it is because of something else. Still, I find that I dont vonlunteer information unless asked or unless it is part of the topic at hand.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join