It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacklight power has been peer reviewed, and ok'd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I spent about 15 mins looking for the original post but couldnt find it forthe life of me. But I came across this article aboutthe subject its dated today, and tlaks about hte man behind the idea seems to be very well educated Harvard/MIT, and in the article claims to have been peer reviewed by many other scientists.

According to Dr Mills, there can be only one explanation: quantum mechanics must be wrong. "We've done a lot of testing. We've got 50 independent validation reports, we've got 65 peer-reviewed journal articles," he said. "We ran into this theoretical resistance and there are some vested interests here. People are very strong and fervent protectors of this [quantum] theory that they use."

here is the link to the article the guardian uk, blacklight power

and here is the link to hte company website Blacklight power companies website

Just thought those that had read the original post would be interested in this update on it.

Also if someone could tell me if there is a search function to ATS because i couldnt find the post by just looking through all the old posts, if I could have used a search feature I wouldve just put in blacklight and hopefully that would have been much more helpfull and allowed me to just post on the original post, thx in advance for help on this.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
$#@% I am so stupid i posted this in the wrong section sorry, if mod reads this please just delete or something bc im going to repost same thing in the proper science forum.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Phew! Thank goodness, I thought there was something wrong with me.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I did find a whole list of scientific papers on scholar.google.com:
scholar.google.com...

Had a look at some of them... he's been published with a number of other scholars (this says that he's got some support for these ideas.) Most of these show up on his website, www.blacklightpower.com...

The problem with some of these papers is that they say they are published and then don't say where. One was published in Physics Essays, which is not the same order as being published in the journal, Physics.

What I'm starting to read is that he's been peer reviewed by physicists... but not quantum physicists. So I'm a tad skeptical, myself.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Byrd,

I would think the most important thing would be that, unlike cold fusion, his experiment and experimental results could be duplicated over and over again by his peers.

The theory and hard science behind the actual results would then have plenty of time to be worked out by Quantum Physicists.

From the little I know of the experiment - couldn't it simply be that a lower electron shell energy level may be possible, thus not really "violating" quantum physics.

If he can manipulate the actual "diameter" of the electron orbit at will - now thats a whole new ballgame.

So my question is - are their actual step by step details of his experiment available anywhere?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Interesting. What journal is it published in?

Passing peer review, I really need to state, does not mean that the reviewers agree with the submitted article nor that its 'correct'. It means that the author of the submission did his work properly, as far as they can see, that its 'good work', as far as they can see. This is somewhat different from it being 'ok'd'. Its been 'ok'd' to be published in a journal, so that others can read it and test it and try to duplicate it.

It doesn't seem to say that he's actually published anything.

Independent scientists claim to have verified the experiments

This isn't really the same thing as peer review tho, at least not in the journal review process. If he is saying that he can't publish because of patents nad the like, well, good for him, and when he is ready to unveil the product "in a few months", then I am sure that we will all be interested and impressed.

It does look like they have published some papers here:
www.blacklightpower.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hmm..

This paper seems to make the experiment sound quite simple:

scholar.google.com...:zDF0yhdkEskJ:www.blacklightpower.com/pdf/technical/Helium_Heat%25208_9_01SCA.pdf+

Although the measuring of energy output on smaller scales would require sensitive instruments.

Forgive my paranoia in not really trusting the Government or "Academic Institutions" but all I care about is that independant labratories can reproduce this effect - and that it can be turned into a useful technology.

Too many bureaucracies have unfortunate motives to bury novel, innovative, or heretical discoveries.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Very interesting site. I explored this site and everything seems to be on the up and up. One problem, it's a company run by scientists instead of businessmen. They have been around since 1991, so I have to ask, "Where's the product?" I used to be quite an optimist in these types of endeavors, but I worked for a startup with promising technology that went bust right after 9/11. Until they produce a viable product, that someone can BUY and plunk down in their house, they are just spending investor dollars on expensive lab equipment. However, their research does sound promising.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
Byrd,

I would think the most important thing would be that, unlike cold fusion, his experiment and experimental results could be duplicated over and over again by his peers.

Oh. Right on!

And now that I think of it, I don't see where it's been confirmed by anyone else. He is not working in a univeristy setting, so he may be concerned about infringement of his ideas and so forth... however... he does need to have others replicate it.

From the little I know of the experiment - couldn't it simply be that a lower electron shell energy level may be possible, thus not really "violating" quantum physics.

I wondered that as well, but frankly don't know enough quantum physics to scare my cat with. I haven't a clue, here.

If he can manipulate the actual "diameter" of the electron orbit at will - now thats a whole new ballgame.

So my question is - are their actual step by step details of his experiment available anywhere?

Good question. I haven't seen any answers.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Anyone know if anything is being put into practical application yet or is it all still in research and development?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
According to blacklight power - yes it is - but they have not put anything out in the public marketplace yet.

Since we have such a diverse group of professionals who visit this site - I wonder if anyone here can reproduce this experiment using the published papers?

Heck it almost sounds like you could put a 90% H, 10% He mixture in a modified (i.e. airtight) home Microwave oven and then insert a sensitive thermometer in immediately after the brief heating.

If the cooling curve measured is significantly higher than that of hydrogen and helium put together - than you will have reproduced the most important part of the results.

Its really not important for us to verify the physics of it - as long as we can verify the heat (energy) output anamoly.

Of course - hydrogen is very explosive so I wouldn't stand in the same room as the modified microwave when conducting this experiment - just in case the ametuerish equipment caused a spark and subsequent explosion.

Once the heating has ended tho I would think the risk of the hydrogen catching fire would be less - mite still wanna wear some fireproof gear tho.

Anyone here have some advice on this?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

What I'm starting to read is that he's been peer reviewed by physicists... but not quantum physicists. So I'm a tad skeptical, myself.

In order to graduate with physics degree I'd imagine there would be a few courses slated with qm, I mean as long as these physicist aren't the ones with degrees in galactic astronomy I think it is safe to safe someone with qualification has reviewed them. ANd actually some of the articles state that chemist have reviewed his work.

Until this shows up in a journal, I will remain skeptical.

Does this mean that his theory disproves qm and ok's newtonian in place or is this a new set of mechanics he has developed?

My guess is that he has made a mistake, it will be reported, some will not buy it, and they will continue his research fruitlessly just like cold fusion.

new topics

top topics

join