It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony's press release does NOT mention this as part of its VIRAL...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have been looking into this and it seems there is a big mix up. The press release for Sony's "Shadow of the Colossus" game does NOT mention the video of the giant in the russian permaforst as part of its viral campaign.

uk.us.biz.yahoo.com...

On this other site they mention the tsunami fake skeleton video and NOT the permafrost video!

www.kotaku.com... sus/shadow-of-the-colossus-gets-viral-131133.php

We should look deeper into this and not just dismiss it like a part of Sony's campaign for promoting a game.

arkadysimkin.pl...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i agree. no matter how small it may be, there is always a 'what if...' factor

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
actually no there is no what if factor on this one guys..unless SOTC was based on true discovories which they used for their giant's design. I remember actually fighting and killing this exact one its the bull giant ..wasnt too tough either

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
just because its not a sony marketing campaign - it doesnt make it true

the std excuses come out in the MP3 interview " they stole all the photos and vids , except this crappy one "

still not convinced - sorry

Wig

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The website and the radio interview convieniently don't say what radio station it was, all they say is that it was Finnish. But the presenter is just some British kid, and the russian accent doesn't sound too great, I'll ask a russian contact I have what they think of the accent. At this point I say it's a Sony Hoax.

If it were trully there, the media would be all over it by now.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure what your point is. Just because Sony say it's not part of their campaign doesn't mean it isn't. They hire PR companies specifically to create a "buzz" about a new product, especially on the internet without ever admitting to it.

Every time someone makes a post, such as this one, they are provided with free advertising to potentially thousands of people. Not only that those thousands of people might then go on and tell thousands more etc. I certainly hadn't heard of this game before, and I have now, so it's working.

GlobalMirage - how do we know you don't work for the PR company anyway......?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I agree. With both sides. The video is just as unlikely to be real even if Sony had nothing to do with it. But it would still be very interesting to find the source of the video. Sadly the Giant in the Sulu Sea thread was killed/dismissed as a Sony marketing scheme as well - going hand in hand with the other "Mysterious giants", but if you compare the cases it's easy to see which of the "hoaxes" had a big budget behind it, and which could maybe be true - or have a different story behind it.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The whole point of viral marketing is to insert popular tidbits into our daily media intake.
Since these 'giants' have been found, can you guess how many people will be talking about the game? Or how many would have gone and bought it to check if they are actually in it?
Plus don't you think it's a coincidence that all of these 'finds' appeared at around the same time, have a large shot that looks totally CG and all bear a striking resemblance to the Colossi in the game???
I will admit that at first I nearly died from the shock, but come on.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Oh snap! I loved that game......
The thing is everyone thinks its its the "bull" colossus and thats why it doesn't look too much like it.
The body in the ice however looks more like the "turtle" colossus wich you fight in a huge lake.
I tried finding a pic of it on the net, but there arn't any for some reason.......

[EDIT]
Found one pic of it from the front, you cant really see the horns though.......
www.gamespot.com...

[edit on 17-11-2005 by Mister Rush]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Has anyone recently visited giantology.net? The guy has FINALLY found out that the whole 'coincidentally' timed discovery of various giant skeletons are connected to Sony's scheme.

AND HE STILL HAS DOUBTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wideshots of the 'bodies' are obviously CG, the Arctic guy admitted it on national radio and the whole net is telling him and he still denies it.
He also realises that everyone is pointing the finger at him.

new topics

top topics

join