It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Greenpeace To Face Fines For Damaging The Environment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
arent whales sometimes very quiet dat u couldnt detect them by passive means? wat do u do then? have to use active to avoid killing a whale and accuse of animal brutality or mammal brutality or watever.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

True, unfortunately it still would not be able to detect a reef ahead as it doesn't give off sound. Most fish finders do use an active system, though. At least all the ones I have put in fishing boats do.

I do not know what kind of fish finder you use but I sure can see whats ahead. I use a humminbird and it shows both fish and the contour of the bottom as well as what is coming up.

edit to add the one shown above is not my exact model but it is close enough. Mine is up North and I have forgotten the model number, however it is larger then the one shown above that shows much more detail.

I would think that Greenpeace has at least the equivalent of mine on board so there is no excuse for not seeing what is ahead

[edit on 11/1/2005 by shots]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Typical for this organization if you ask me. They are nothing more than environmental terrorists. Its always excuses for groups like this.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join