It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Up to 1000 years+!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by sardion2000
You realize we are undergoing a technological revolution? Resource depletion and overpopulation will not be an issue, infact if current trends continue if we do not make this technology available we will be in a fully fledged Fertility crises. It's hitting Europe already and is starting to creep its way over here. Blame the Baby Boomers(or their parents) also there is ALLOT of resources in our Solar System which can support our Civilization for thousands years. All we need is a little time to learn how to efficiently exploit it. Also there is no shortage of food we just lack efficient distrubution and incentives to distribute it to those who need it the most.

Ahhh, sardion, you have more faith in technology than I do.

Originally posted by sardion2000
The poor contribute to overpopulation way more then the middle-class or rich.

A perfect example of the reason it would likely not be offered to the poor.....but remember, the poor are needed to do those things for the upper classes that they disdain to do for themselves. A multiplying upper class could overburden their supporting 'cast' if this were not taken into account. Unless this tech revolution also creates an alternative work force, possibly robotic??

I have already seen 'wonderful discoveries' that were perverted for greed .....and you said yourself, "....there is no shortage of food we just lack efficient distrubution and incentives to distribute it to those who need it the most."( I added the italics)......I fear there would not be enough of this incentive to make this a good thing for all concerned.

Originally posted by Cilandak
On the other hand, what better reason to secure a sustainable future than the thought that you'd have to live through it?

Again, if we were all facing this....it might be that we would work together in creating this sustainable future, but if it is just for the priviledged, I am afraid it would become the few viewing the masses as simply something temporary, just another 'resource' to be exploited.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Living longer is always a good idea, however we should really think of aging as a benchmark, regarding proofs of science, laboratory technique, and just plain common sense.

Such sensationalist reports ignore certain facts, for example a comparative chemistry of enzymes, vitamins, hormones, and other things important to human survival. The telomere factor and the senescence of cells at a certain point is a broad hurdle for longevity. Cutting calories in daily life is most statistically significant in animal studies. If you want to give rats diabetes, give them alloxan the ingredient that makes pretty white flour. Oh yes but that slips under the radar for the so called "authorities," who have a business with disease.

Every facet of our culture is stupefied with selfish "gain," while the real bottom line should include other things such as happy and healthy people since overall maintenance is common sense. You would obviously want to have looks of a 30 year old and internals of a 30 year old when you are the hypothetical "1000 years old." Besides could you imagine how wicked some already shallow people would be after 1000 years. Much experience in death transmits itself culturally while a long lived life of some Al Capone would be too much for the rest of us to bear. Yet now too many basically anti-social persons live a long time already. Imposing a twisted "wisdom," is horrifying. Would you want a 1000 year old would be Hitler continuing to exterminate everyone?

As it is wicked people live too long, and good people die far too young. If only a morally neutral profit oriented elite lives so long, the world will be a smoking ruin, with pockets of luxury out of Satyricon. I do not look forward to being subservient to Dorian Gray figures who should have won a Darwin award long before.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman

As it is wicked people live too long, and good people die far too young. If only a morally neutral profit oriented elite lives so long, the world will be a smoking ruin, with pockets of luxury out of Satyricon. I do not look forward to being subservient to Dorian Gray figures who should have won a Darwin award long before.

that's all true m8, although you really shouldn't infer the inverse, that anyone who lives long is automatically wicked. therefore, if someone found a way to live forever, who am i to judge or condemn him or her? if that person is an a-hole, age doesn't matter much, does it? imagine our perception of a natural life was off, would you like to perpetuate the status quo? i certainly wouldn't. our inability to cope with rogues entities (being ruled by them and all) is no excuse for succumbing to reflexive hostility towards anything that differs from our worldview, after all change has to start somewhere, it's true, that in today's world, anything will probably be abused, but that does not mandate banning everything, does it?

that said, mainly diregarding this overly sensationalistic website, there's one thing that needs to be said about lifespan: there's another indicator besides 'time-to-exitus', namely age of maturity. take a cat, needs less than a year to grow to adult status, lives up to 20 years -> ~20x maturity age, try the same with humans, and you'll see what i mean.

furthermore human aging does not look natural to me, i'm sorry, animals certainly age and the get weaker with time towards the end of their lives, BUT that period of decay is much shorter, compared to their total lifespan, of course. we are pretty much the exception, even though our body functions are pretty similar to any mammal's out there, interseting point of view, isn't it? 1000 years is hubris, but 300 is what one would expect , zoologically...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
In all seriousness, living 1000+ years just sounds like a bad idea. It would maginify an already existant problem of overpopulation, besides, are there any people you could stand to see for a couple hundred years. I think not

Without having mortality, there would be no need to reproduce, leaving the same ignoramuses to say the same things over and over again. Could you imagine a world where someone like Hitler or Stalin lived forever? Or a world where nothing really changed, because the same million who buy the votes, and make the laws, would continue to live forever. Theyd get bored and start nuking places just for fun. Besides, old people are evil. I drove an 88 year old woman from california, to NJ and she alost killed us 6 times...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There was a member who was posting a book he wrote a couple years back which had some interesting ideas about living for lengths such 1000 years. It was well thought out and well worth a read, although Im not sure where the thread is now. Im sure it was in the NWO forum. Anyone remember that one?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

In all seriousness, living 1000+ years just sounds like a bad idea. It would maginify an already existant problem of overpopulation, besides, are there any people you could stand to see for a couple hundred years. I think not

Not neccessarily, that's the same dogma and rational people use to say we should limit our time on earth. Look at the biblical times men live to almost 1000. did that trouble them ? No!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by denial28

Without having mortality, there would be no need to reproduce, leaving the same ignoramuses to say the same things over and over again. Could you imagine a world where someone like Hitler or Stalin lived forever?

that's a sociological problem, isn't it? if you really believe that faster generational change alleviates the problem of exploitation and abuse, i think you're sadly mistaken, since those in power rely a lot on gullibility and naivity, which tends to get lost with expereince and therefore, time. in other words, newbies are a godsend to the rulers...

i believe the real power elite has been hereditary for quite some time, effectively cancelling the influx of fresh generations because the old and mean godfathers will not give their power to delusional idealists, or will they? the net effect? 98% of our population is mostly clueless (i don't consider myself an exception, mind you), learning from the last generation does not happen to the necessary extent and if it did, fresh thoughts would be mostly quelched anway.
---

as for overpopulation, you do know that the countries with these problems have a comparably low life expectancy, don't you? it's really a matter of habits and tradition, there's no reason to believe people would use their newfound longetivity to produce legions of offspring (ok, some would, but what gives, sounds expensive and exhausting to me), if current trends in the west are an indication. different biological facts would yield different societies, no big deal, imho.

PS: assuming we're talking about poppoing one pill, then living for centuries, if it took constant medical attention, noone except the filthy could afford it, very undesireable, god-kings and all that.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I found an interesting website a while ago
www.alexchiu.com...

I think the whole eternal life kind of discredits the whole thing but I have no problem believing that altering the magnetic field of the body helps it to heal.
Take a look at the testimonies.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Over the years ive came to the conclusion that aging is not obligatory. If you can comprehend the though that time doesnt exist it isnt hard to see why aging is unnecessary.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
In my humble opinion:

It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing then to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Death is not a bad thing, its really a vacation from life. You are going to go on after you have died and probably be reborn into another life, somewhere. Maybe not on Earth but somewhere.

Ever see the movie "Groundhog Day" where Bill Murry has to live the same day over and over and over? It eventually gets so old he tries every way possible to kill himself and nothing works. Thats how 1000 years in this life would be.

Sorry, i'll pass. Just let me live my 70 or 80 years and then i'll take a nice break from life before I come back.

Wupy

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing then to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Why do you associate the growth of the eternal soul with the death of the physical body?

If you see the soul as something that grows and works its way up dont you see living in this reality as growth of the eternal soul?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You are going to grow regardless of where you are, I just don't want to be here for 1000 years. Atleast not in the same body.

Don't get me wrong, I love being alive. When I die I plan on coming right back. The company is good, the food is excellant and the sex is fantastic.

I just enjoy the change.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Sorry, i'll pass. Just let me live my 70 or 80 years and then i'll take a nice break from life before I come back.

What if you were to realize that whatever you believe will manifest when you leave your body?

All those good christians will float up to their cloud in heaven and play cards with Jesus or whatever it is they see heaven as.

All those bad christians will sink down into the eternal flames of hell and have ol' Larry's trident shoved up their ass or whatever it is they see hell as.

Meanwhile you will be still going from one life to another in this reality for all eternity.

If this was the case I think it would serve us best to believe we're going somewhere worthwhile.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call your body, it was a gift to you. If you want to go to heaven when you die you will, if youwant to go to hell you can do that as well.

You will still have free will when you die....what do you WANT to do?

Its up to you.

Wupy

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I love being alive. When I die I plan on coming right back. The company is good, the food is excellant and the sex is fantastic.

I just enjoy the change.

A slight contradiction in what you said there. You enjoy the change but your planning on coming right back. Why not go somewhere where the food is even better and the sex is even more fantastic? Or better yet why not go somewhere that sex and food are meaningless, somewhere that the thought of eating or having sex seems like agony compared to the state of mind your in.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
cause I don't want to

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call your body, it was a gift to you. If you want to go to heaven when you die you will, if youwant to go to hell you can do that as well.

You will still have free will when you die....what do you WANT to do?
I like your outlook on things. We share similar visions. I see reality as infinite possibility. Our will manifests reality. Well I wish you happy future reincarnations on this planet.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I just don't want to be here for 1000 years. Atleast not in the same body.

With the choice would you come back with the memory of your pastlives and if so would let other people know that you remember your pastlives?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by drinkinlikeafish

I just don't want to be here for 1000 years. Atleast not in the same body.

With the choice would you come back with the memory of your pastlives and if so would let other people know that you remember your pastlives?

It wouldn't be as much fun if I remembered my past lives. I enjoy the learning curve when i'm small and can sit on my parents and grandparents lap and simply be loved.

Innocence is a wonderful introduction into yourself as you continue on your journey.

I will still be me and catchup with myself as i grow, but the early years are the best. Atleast for me. I did the same for my children and hope to someday be there for my grandchildren.

Regardless of where you are going or where you have been you will always be right where your at. I don't need to remember past lives, i just want to enjoy the one i'm living now.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm pleased to see that a goodly percentage of people do not desire to live for 1000 + years. If everyone wanted to do it there wouldn't be enough room on Earth for all of us that do want to live that long.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by Astronomer68]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join