It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists get deer’s-eye view of wildlife ( Bigfoot ? )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Could this lead to real footage of Bigfoot ? What a idea, to mount a cam on the deers antlers. This is being done now at the University of Missouri in a 11 acre fenced area and later will be done in the wild. They just recieved a million dollar grant from the National Science Foundation. Now we know from reports on the hairy creature that his main diet is deer if real what better way to try to catch him on video. They plan to later provide access to the cameras on the net for all to see.
MSNBC STORY

The white-tail deer at right was one of two bucks fitted with wireless video cameras to give researchers an up-close and personal view of a deer’s world.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
that actually sounds like a great idea! i hope it works!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
"wireless video cameras to give researchers an up-close and personal view of a deer’s world"

I don't see any bigfoot researchers having the money to even do that.If they have been able to afford it, they would have done it by now.How do you even know if the deer will be in an area with a bigfoot, let alone be hunted by one.Is there bigfoot "scat"(poop) that has been identified, and shown deer as a food source?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
We have used motion capture cameras in the bush out here before and never caught anything unusual.

But then again, those cameras dont get to move around.

They were placed in an area with a known sighting though.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Not claiming to be an expert but surely they know deer will fight like any other creature especially during mating season and that they lock horns, do they really think those cameras are going to stay in working order?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Not claiming to be an expert but surely they know deer will fight like any other creature especially during mating season and that they lock horns, do they really think those cameras are going to stay in working order?

They dont need to fight with those cameras. The ladies will be madly in love with the high tech geeks!!!

[edit on 31-10-2005 by merka]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Besides as soon as a deer feels in danger it will run in the opposite direction so it's very unlikely that the camera will get any sort of useful picture of a big foot.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There have been many reports of Bigfoot chasing down or seen with deer they were taking off into the woods. Here is one report by a well known researcher. Deer Kills And Bigfoot.
One thing I had not considered was being chased they would more than likely run away but not before being caught according to reports I have read telling how quick the bigfoot can run.

Many sightings, including one of a Bigfoot running alongside a moving truck and looking in cab.

Many sightings of 7-8-ft Bigfoot with shaggy white hair. Once kept pace with truck travelling at 35 mph.

Hunters saw hairy 'man' eating deer flesh.

These and more can be found at Oregon Bigfoot

The reports are out there just go and read and you will see what I mean. I am sure they have got some details to work out to make sure these cameras stay mounted but just imagine the possibilities of what could be filmed. I can not wait till we have access to this through the net. If nothing else they will learn alot about deer behavior never known before.

new topics

top topics

join