It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we the only civilization?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well, the discussion turned out a little bit different then expected... and you might get more points...

But I still don't got an answer about the fact that the arguments you use to prove there must have been a civilisation which went back to a zero rate technological level.... but the relligions tell us that the same civilisation didn't go back by that world catostraphe, but still live, are still almighty etc.

How do you explain that you say there is a lost civilisation, while the basis for thinking that civilisation existed says different?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I certainly wouldn't concede the issue as "lost"... Sounds like a good debate topic...

Gazrok -
how do you explain the discovery of ancient skeletons that have had brain surgery performed? or that have been struck by what looks like projectile weapons?
or the remnants of a foundry near mongolia? or primitive batteries? or obviously machined metal objects imbedded inside coal and rocks? and as was mentioned before, there are multiple sites around the world, like 5 or 7, with abnormally high levels of radiation in the ground. there's only one source of extreme radiation poisoning.

Ooparts all of them, and isolated incidents... Because there isn't more, it's almost MORE plausible to ascribe them to aliens or time travellers, hehe...

However, I've also heard many tales of how natural phenomenon, and misidentification can lead to such "startling discoveries"... The simple fact is, the evidence simply points in other directions.... There are no ancient skyscrapers or highways, etc. that have been discovered. We do have written histories that (though exaggerated), do keep track of what happened throughout man's history...

As for ancient batteries, this has already been shown to be technology of the time, but was not used to power anything, but instead to electroplate gold...
Do the research, and you'll find more plausible explainations for the other things you mentioned as well...

I wish we could point to some ancient great civilization, and "recapture" this kind of thing...but we can't, because there's nothing there to capture...we're making it up as we go along....just as our fathers, and their fathers before them did....

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff

Originally posted by Bullsnot
I love all the conspiracy theorist that think all the scientists are covering up the truth. Yeah the colleges and institutions "Brainwash you before graduate level courses where they tell you the secrets"
Come on you look at any scientist and all they want os to be the first to find some great discovery, nobody is or could cover up something big like that.
An advanced civilization that was capable of nuclear war. and yet we have never found even a scrap of worked metal. For a society to advanced as far as atomic science they infrastructure would have to be huge and there is no way we could have the fossil records we do with not a trace of that advanced civilization. I'm sure there has been ups and downs of advancement as social issues push cultures back. These are small steps back, not thousands of years step backs but 100 year step backs and they are short.

How do I know?
Well of course I know everything. conspiracy theorists always say open your mind. Well open yours and your eyes at the same time. I love to believe in the mysteries of the past but some are just stretching so far away from the obvious answer.
There was a nuclear war in the past, we know because there is superheated sand in the dessert.
Can't possibly be one of the 3 natural ways of this occuring, it must be the one unnatural.

I think scientists have a hard admitting they may be wrong. They scoffed at the idea that dinosaurs may have evolved into birds. They scoff at the idea the the Sphinks maybe older than we believed. They have spent so many years believing things are a certain way,they can believe nothing else.

Yeah but take my example, went through school believing that electrons went around atoms and the were discreat things.

Then at collegde they said forget all you've been told its rubbish! To say was shocked is an understatement!

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I certainly wouldn't concede the issue as "lost"... Sounds like a good debate topic...

However, I've also heard many tales of how natural phenomenon, and misidentification can lead to such "startling discoveries"... The simple fact is, the evidence simply points in other directions.... There are no ancient skyscrapers or highways, etc. that have been discovered. We do have written histories that (though exaggerated), do keep track of what happened throughout man's history...

And this is now exactly what I am trying to say. There is a battle between two parties here, but what if both are right? The monuments (Stone Hedge, Refaim) the radio-activity, the describtions of aircrafts, the describtion of technologies... they are all there. They aren't misleading, they tell us that there was something in the past, of which we don't know about, which made those things happen. In my point of vieuw there is no arguing that there has been something going on what we don't know about...

After that whole discussion they said that 2 persons where the weakest link... what is however the point:

The Gods, monuments, radio-activity etc. where they get the idea of a lost civilisation says also that the civilisation is not lost. That was my argument to say that they weren't lost at all, and my question was: how do you solve the idea that the civilisation still lives according to the same sourches, which also say that civilisation lives...

The arguments that there aren't skyscrapers... now we have said that the Gods were the advanced civilisation (radio-activity, Gods wars, Refaim etc.) we also have to say the following:

The Gods claim to come from the star Sirius.

The Gods helped menkind, and when the flood occurs, the people drowned, and not they, because they had the technology to be with the stars... to travel 4,8 lightyears...

What happens to the idea that there should be found skyscrapers, if the Gods themselves didn't settle on earth, but just made the humans... and helped them...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
yes, very interesting. I have heard of alchemical texts that describe somthing similar.
Could you please provide a link or a source?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by herm
yes, very interesting. I have heard of alchemical texts that describe somthing similar.
Could you please provide a link or a source?

The Koran, see for number 49:
thriceholy.net...

www.uiowa.edu...
they had devised a solar calendar of 365 days, the starting point of which hinged on the helical rising of Sirius

The Mayans with their windows towards Sirius
physics.unr.edu...

dubroom.org...

When the Refaim it was build, the entrance pointed to Sirius.

The Egyptians you know that Isis was the God of Sirius.

Our western calander also is related to Sirius
www.astrologie.ws...
(I am sorry this is dutch, but I don't have yet another link).

And because the Koran is just the addition to the Bible, also the God of the Bible comes from Sirius.

The Dogontribe thought also that their God came from Sirius www.cu2.nl/singulariteit is where my investigation is about the Dogontribe, this is however again Dutch (but I am going to make it English) the links are however English, so I hope you can follow the information (knowledge of Sirius B and C was there already for centuries).

This is what I found out this far about the link between Sirius and the Gods.

If somebody could also tell me that the Zohar, Maharatma, Hopi-indians and the Aboriginals saw their Gods also from Sirius... I would very happy.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

And because the Koran is just the addition to the Bible, also the God of the Bible comes from Sirius.

My religion is a little rusty. Where in the bible does it say that the one god comes from sirius?
Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting that statement.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
leen works for the lizzies...

how can one man determine where the father of all creation comes from?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
leen works for the lizzies...

how can one man determine where the father of all creation comes from?

The father of the creation did want it to be that way, and he made that very clear. Just look at the other beliefs (if you don't want to because you don't think they talk about the same Gods, that's also fine...) but the God in those religions (and also in the bible) has made it very clear that he isn't almighty... just that he looked almighty...

And what i meant Bullsnot, was that the God of the Koran is the same God as the God of the Bible, Mohammed was just the last profet... but the stories are the same... even though not everybody want's to admit it (because the Islam is not the most peace-ful religion on earth so to say).

But this is just my opinion... look, I don't mind if persons do believe in good things (for you that is God) but if I look at the God of the Bible and all the other Gods... then I don't become very happy... that doesn't mean that I mind that people believe in something good... just that I think that they may not be entirely right about the goodness of God...

But still that stays my opinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Ps. the Gods themselves said the came from sirius...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The question stays... how could you say it is a lost civilisation while the religions of which you lead your arguments say differently... and how do you explain the arguments then again... the buildings...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
to keep my threads active... from what I read on this last page... I'll have to review the other postings... can't right now, though (I'm on the Job Service computer, and the receptionist is looking at me funny)

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What I was looking for is your source on this. Where do you find that the gods said they were from sirius?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullsnot

What I was looking for is your source on this. Where do you find that the gods said they were from sirius?

Bullsnot see my message above, there I have given a lot of links...

But I don't mind repeating them

thriceholy.net...
This is the Koran, do look at number 49.

The Egytpian God was called Isis and was related directly to Sirius. If we look that many believe that Isis was the reincarnation of Mary (mother of Jesus) then you would have to say that also the God of the Bible came from Sriius (which is confirmed by the Koran which believes in exactly the same God as the one of the Bible)

Then we have got the Dogontribe, which also says their God came from Sirius. (there are enough websites about that one).

physics.unr.edu...
Buildings were purposefully aligned with bright stars like Capella and Sirius, or with Venus, or with the position of the sun's transit.

Astronomy therefore characterizes many facets of Mayan life, including religious aspects such as connecting the gods'

A little bit a coincidence that they also thought that Sirius was a connection to the Gods...

Then we still have the Refaim (which was then again build in honour of the God of Christ) dubroom.org...
And when it was build it was oriented on Sirius... what a coincidence again...

www.astrologie.ws...
This website is Dutch (I am sorry about that).

This is the important peace on the website:
Onze huidige westerse kalender lijkt nog nauwelijks een relatie te hebben met de cycli van de Zon, Maan of Sterren: het nieuwe jaar begint telkens als de Zon op circa 11 graden Steenbok staat, dus 10 a 11 dagen na het wintersolstitium maar tegelijkertijd ook in de buurt van de oppositie met de vaste ster Sirius

Well translated into English it says:
Our western calander seems to have barely any relation any more with the cycle of the sun, moon or stars: the new year begins always when the sun is at about (circa) 11 degrees Capricorn, so 10 a 11 days after the (i don't know what wintersolstitium means) but at the same time is also near an opposition with the solid star Sirius.

You can check my translation at www.freetranslation.com... if you don't believe it

Is it coincidence that the believers of Allah say that Allah comes from Sirius (in the very old writings) that Isis also came from Sirius (think about the shafts of the pyramids pointing to Sirius) and the God of the Bible therefore also came from Sirius... not to mention the Mayans and the Dogontribe...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ow wait.... for as far as I can tell now... also the Sumerians knew (just like the Dogontribe) about Sirius B (which was discovered just in the 19th century) and its density etc.

www.twistedtree.org.uk...
The Sumerians knew about the density of Sirius B and about its fifty year orbit round Sirius A and because Sirius A is the brightest star in the night sky, linked both it and Sirius B with the beautiful crystal Lapis Lazuli.

I am going to search for addition information about that (it would be kinda cool if they also believed the Gods came from Sirius).

I also know now that also in Greek mythology is spoken of Sirius in relation with the God of the seas.

Now I am first going to search more, and then I have to learn all kinds of English words for scool.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
www.souledout.org...
Brilliantly blazing, the star Sirius, brightest beacon in our night sky, beckons with glimpses of grandeur unimaginable. Small wonder this star was granted God/Goddess status amongst many early peoples, including the Egyptians and Sumerians. As modern astronomy unlocks our starry neighbors' secrets, evidence unfolds of the appropriateness of naming this star God.

www.debunker.com...
Who told the Dogons about Sirius and about the other space science secrets? Author Robert K. G� Temple (The Sirius Mystery, St, Martin's Press, 1975) claims to be able to trace the Sirius-B myth back through Egyptian mythology to Sumerian mythology

www.umich.edu...
Early humans were keeping records early on. A marked bone which was probably used as a record of months and lunar phases and which was from approximately 9000 to 8001 BC or as late as 6500 BC was found in Ishango, which is now Zaire. Primitive hunter-gatherers had already detected patterns in the apparent motions of the stars and possibly even in the real motions of the planets through the night sky. These same traditions appeared later in Egypt and in Central America and are thought to have been associated with specific apparent motions of Sirius and Venus.

Primitive hunters were also associated to Sirius and Venus? Ps. this is a site of a university...

www.sandbat.batcave.net...
The Sumerians were a people who lived around 5500 years ago in a place called "Mesopotamia" between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers (modern-day Iran and Iraq.) If you asked an ancient Sumerian, they could tell you exactly what planet their "gods" came from. They called it Nibiru. Without having ever seen a telescope, they could tell you that our planet earth (they called it "Ki") is one of many that revolves around the sun, and they even have names for all of the planets in the solar system, including Pluto, which modern scientists were not even aware of the existence of until the early 20th century.

Nibiru came the Gods of the Sumeriers came from, I am going to try to find out if this is Sirius.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Yep, I am now a very happy person

www.fourwinds10.com...
The origin of this ET race was a planet called Nibiru that had a long elliptical journey around the sun, and returned to this region of the solar system every 3,600 years.

So also the Sumerians thought that the Gods came from Nibiru. Is this enough to say that with Nibiru they ment Sirius?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I recall reading that the origional movie sets for Laurance of Arabia (the old silent movie) were lost after film production in Nevada? Some "desert" state in America. Anyway, I was just wondering...

If, many many years from now, what kind of attention will be giving to the archeologists who "discover" this lost Egyptian colony?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Loving this topic, some nice posts. At the end of the day, some people won't believe in aliens being involved in mankind's past even if they were to appear on TV. With the fiction we have been fed, everything can be made to seem like fiction. You'll find thousands of ooparts and explain 95% of them away and the others just get huddled away. To someone who doesn't want to believe, the countless explained ooparts are proof that he's correct and the other unexplained ones will be explained in time. To those who want to believe, those unexplained ooparts are evidence undeniable.

It's similar when it comes to ancient texts too. People will either agree with Sitchin's translations, accepting that he shows why he translates certain words in certain ways that orthodoxy will not. Others will write off everything he says, ignore his reasonings and stick rigidly by his debunkers. Nothing will change them from that viewpoint. To them Sitchin has, at best, woven a masterpiece of illusion spanning civilisations, ages and languages to suit his own ends.

The best you can do is realise which type of person you are. A believer, or a non-believer. If you don't like which you are, set about to change it. If you're in between, why not ask and find out what people suggest you look into to make your own mind up on the subject? For those that fall in the grey area, my suggestion would be to read Sitchin's first book, The 12th Planet. You cannot attack a viewpoint from the stance of ignorance ;-)

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
Yep, I am now a very happy person

www.fourwinds10.com...
The origin of this ET race was a planet called Nibiru that had a long elliptical journey around the sun, and returned to this region of the solar system every 3,600 years.

So also the Sumerians thought that the Gods came from Nibiru. Is this enough to say that with Nibiru they ment Sirius?

And when will this planet come close to earth during the orbit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join