It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we the only civilization?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What everyone is writing, but no one is saying, is that how can scientists, scholars, etcetera say that this, the "modern" age, is the first of its kind? We have gone from swords and crossbows to sub-atomic energy within 500 years (which isn't alot). Mankind has been around for how many millions of years?
You see the stone cities with harbors located high in the mountians, roadways running through the oceans, sacred myths telling of nuclear war. Impossible creations and impossible astrological abilities. The ancients telling of more ancient people who built the structures, passed information, etcetera.
Why is it so hard for society to believe that there were others before us, just as surely there will be others after us?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
First off,
There have been many upon many civilizations.
One must first understand what the word "civilization" implys and means.......

"The first civilizations started with city life. Stone Age villages gradually grew into more complex cities. In order to do so, the farming techiques had to advance sufficiently to produce a surplus of food. City residents engaged in a number of specialized, non-agricultural occupations such as merchants, administrators, and priests.

The invention of writing was crucial for the civilizations to record and expand knowledge. Also, city life required organized governments, and governments could direct building projects on a scale far beyond that found in Stone Age communities. Finally all early civilizations had a complex religious structure.

To summarize, the following elements make up a civilization--

Cities
Specialization of Labor
Writing
Organized Government
Monumental Architecture
Complex Religious Systems"

For further clarification:
"What is Civilization?"
Link:
www.historyguide.org...

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The average person has been conditioned over hundreds of years to believe the following about elites:

1. That they are experts at what they do.
2. That they know everything about what they do.
3. That they are concerned about the greater good.
4. That they tell the truth and are above reproach.

Most of us probably scoff at part of the above but we do tend to believe what they say and that is where the problem lies.

Personally I just say it is the control system finding annother way to control us, keep us stupid!

Don't tell the people the truth and most of all keep limiting precepts as guidlines for science.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Scientists are actually now uncovering evidence that may point to a previous golden age. I've always liked the theory that the sphinx was really 13,000 years old..

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If we carry on the way we do then there wont be anyone after us.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There really is nothing that can clearly state that this is in fact a "modern" age. As you stated in your post, there are scriptures of all sorts of things that went on, such as the harbors and nuclear wars, and there also is evidence that these older societies were capable of things that we aren't capable of. I agree with drunk though, if we do keep going at the rate we're going, there won't be another civilization after us.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hell with all the wars we have had in the past i am surprised there was a civilisation before us!

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I love all the conspiracy theorist that think all the scientists are covering up the truth. Yeah the colleges and institutions "Brainwash you before graduate level courses where they tell you the secrets"
Come on you look at any scientist and all they want os to be the first to find some great discovery, nobody is or could cover up something big like that.
An advanced civilization that was capable of nuclear war. and yet we have never found even a scrap of worked metal. For a society to advanced as far as atomic science they infrastructure would have to be huge and there is no way we could have the fossil records we do with not a trace of that advanced civilization. I'm sure there has been ups and downs of advancement as social issues push cultures back. These are small steps back, not thousands of years step backs but 100 year step backs and they are short.

How do I know?
Well of course I know everything. conspiracy theorists always say open your mind. Well open yours and your eyes at the same time. I love to believe in the mysteries of the past but some are just stretching so far away from the obvious answer.
There was a nuclear war in the past, we know because there is superheated sand in the dessert.
Can't possibly be one of the 3 natural ways of this occuring, it must be the one unnatural.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Along the Iranian and Iragi area there are higher levels of radiation, along with "heated" sand. This would be fine. if it wasn't for the fact Sumarian text talks about the battles the gods fought from within their city-states. Or how about Abraham fleeing the destruction of a city which had a poison cloud coming towards it? (Don't even talk about Sodom or Gahmorrah).
And what about the East Indian legend (I forget the name), that discribes the flying chariots casting iron lightning at the towns, from which great mushrooms sprang forth? This epic had three parts, but all of it described, in some great detail, aireal battles, nuclear devices, and lasars? Is it a coincidence that India also has higher than normal radiation levels?
You talk about the lack of remains; How quickly do your books rot? Your clothing? My car, only 6 years old, has so much rust on it, it'll probably disappear in another 6 years. Only now are scientists studying/ applying crystal technology for computers... that's funny, don't old legends talk about the Ancients utilizing crystals in similar manners?
Where are the garbage dumps, and landfills, a disposable diaper? Look at a metelorgy map; coincidence or not, large metal deposites are generally near ancient, unexplained sites. Stonehedge is built atop a uranium depsoit... which is almost similar to engineers wanting to build giant concret "warning" statues to keep future people away from contaminated sites!
Where is the evidence that there were people as advanced as us? In the legends, religions and myths of the world. At the unexplained sites atop mountians and below the waters. When Florida sinks beneath the waves and thousands of years from now they discover highways, do you think they will just brush them off as being natural formations?
And one more point; our "technology advanced society" can't even build a cement road or concrete structure without it needing repaires every 1 to 5 years, yet the Roman collusium still stands without the iron supports, the Pyramids still stand in orientaion to Orion, so on and so on. If we were to "disappear" right now, all evidence of us being here would be gone in 100 years. And about the fossils. Geez, it's amazing that for how-many years people were laughed at for discribing hairy mountian people (yet gorillas were only "officially" discovered in the 1800's)... as well as pandas, giant squid, celoca.....? (that fish off of Africa).
Scientists dismiss the discoveries of screws found in coal mines, batteries for elecroplating, ANYTHING that goes against what they say is right. Pyramids built 5000 years ago, correct. Built 10000, 20000? No way... forget the limestone erosions, forget the sediment, people back then were just too dumb to do anything other than pick their asses with rock shards.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Along the Iranian and Iragi area there are higher levels of radiation, along with "heated" sand. This would be fine. if it wasn't for the fact Sumarian text talks about the battles the gods fought from within their city-states. Or how about Abraham fleeing the destruction of a city which had a poison cloud coming towards it? (Don't even talk about Sodom or Gahmorrah).
And what about the East Indian legend (I forget the name), that discribes the flying chariots casting iron lightning at the towns, from which great mushrooms sprang forth? This epic had three parts, but all of it described, in some great detail, aireal battles, nuclear devices, and lasars? Is it a coincidence that India also has higher than normal radiation levels?
You talk about the lack of remains; How quickly do your books rot? Your clothing? My car, only 6 years old, has so much rust on it, it'll probably disappear in another 6 years. Only now are scientists studying/ applying crystal technology for computers... that's funny, don't old legends talk about the Ancients utilizing crystals in similar manners?
Where are the garbage dumps, and landfills, a disposable diaper? Look at a metelorgy map; coincidence or not, large metal deposites are generally near ancient, unexplained sites. Stonehedge is built atop a uranium depsoit... which is almost similar to engineers wanting to build giant concret "warning" statues to keep future people away from contaminated sites!
Where is the evidence that there were people as advanced as us? In the legends, religions and myths of the world. At the unexplained sites atop mountians and below the waters. When Florida sinks beneath the waves and thousands of years from now they discover highways, do you think they will just brush them off as being natural formations?
And one more point; our "technology advanced society" can't even build a cement road or concrete structure without it needing repaires every 1 to 5 years, yet the Roman collusium still stands without the iron supports, the Pyramids still stand in orientaion to Orion, so on and so on. If we were to "disappear" right now, all evidence of us being here would be gone in 100 years. And about the fossils. Geez, it's amazing that for how-many years people were laughed at for discribing hairy mountian people (yet gorillas were only "officially" discovered in the 1800's)... as well as pandas, giant squid, celoca.....? (that fish off of Africa).
Scientists dismiss the discoveries of screws found in coal mines, batteries for elecroplating, ANYTHING that goes against what they say is right. Pyramids built 5000 years ago, correct. Built 10000, 20000? No way... forget the limestone erosions, forget the sediment, people back then were just too dumb to do anything other than pick their asses with rock shards.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullsnot
I love all the conspiracy theorist that think all the scientists are covering up the truth. Yeah the colleges and institutions "Brainwash you before graduate level courses where they tell you the secrets"
Come on you look at any scientist and all they want os to be the first to find some great discovery, nobody is or could cover up something big like that.
An advanced civilization that was capable of nuclear war. and yet we have never found even a scrap of worked metal. For a society to advanced as far as atomic science they infrastructure would have to be huge and there is no way we could have the fossil records we do with not a trace of that advanced civilization. I'm sure there has been ups and downs of advancement as social issues push cultures back. These are small steps back, not thousands of years step backs but 100 year step backs and they are short.

How do I know?
Well of course I know everything. conspiracy theorists always say open your mind. Well open yours and your eyes at the same time. I love to believe in the mysteries of the past but some are just stretching so far away from the obvious answer.
There was a nuclear war in the past, we know because there is superheated sand in the dessert.
Can't possibly be one of the 3 natural ways of this occuring, it must be the one unnatural.

I think scientists have a hard admitting they may be wrong. They scoffed at the idea that dinosaurs may have evolved into birds. They scoff at the idea the the Sphinks maybe older than we believed. They have spent so many years believing things are a certain way,they can believe nothing else.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Another thing to remember is that who's to say they had similar based technology? What if they had a more natural bend? Tesla was researching "hidden" energy, and then there's hamonics; wasn't there an eccentric from Florida that build a stone home by himself, no machinery or equiptment (each stone weighing approx 15 tons)? I remember seeing something of this on the History channel... anyway...
Just because it isn't true for todays society doesn't mean it was false in a previous one. Why must a description of an advanced, previous society need an added garbage heap, waste material? I am certian the Japanese didn't find any metal fragments from Little Boy and Fat Boy, but somehow... unexplained... there was a report of two nuclear explosions; the only "proof" I've seen of those devices is in books.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I've always liked the theory that the sphinx was really 13,000 years old..

Yes, but it doesn't take an awful lot of scientific genius to carve a big lion (what it was prior to the pharoah's screwing with it)...

As has been mentioned, we aren't the only society...but, if you are trying to imply that there was another advanced society in our distant past (i.e. more advanced than Egyptians), then there simply isn't evidence for it... The more advanced a civilization is, the more marks it leaves behind. That is simple fact. We'd have found numerous evidence of this, had it been the case, excavating skyscrapers, finding gears, plastics, etc. and this just hasn't happened... Sure, there's the occassional oopart (out of place artifact), but no real traces of this supposedly advanced civilization...not to mention, the sheer unlikelihood of not even one survivor or preserver of such knowledge...to hand it down to others. While we've been here a while, you must also consider that we've grown and evolved during this time...even when examining written history.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer

what about this too......

ANCIENT CITY FOUND,
IRRADIATED FROM ATOMIC BLAST

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent. "A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe...An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

A HISTORIAN COMMENTS

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and final weapons. An ancient battle is described in the Drona Parva, a section of the Mahabharata. "The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees," says Ganguli.

"Instead of mushroom clouds, the writer describes a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds as consecutive openings of giant parasols. There are comments about the contamination of food and people's hair falling out."

ARCHEOLOGICAL INVESTIGATION PROVIDES INFORMATION

Archeologist Francis Taylor says that etchings in some nearby temples he has managed to translate suggest that they prayed to be spared from the great light that was coming to lay ruin to the city. "It's so mid-boggling to imagine that some civilization had nuclear technology before we did. The radioactive ash adds credibility to the ancient Indian records that describe atomic warfare."

Construction has halted while the five member team conducts the investigation. The foreman of the project is Lee Hundley, who pioneered the investigation after the high level of radiation was discovered.

There is evidence that the Rama empire (now India) was devastated by nuclear war. The Indus valley is now the Thar desert, and the site of the radioactive ash found west of Jodhpur is around there.

Consider these verses from the ancient (6500 BC at the latest) Mahabharata:

...a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour...
a perpendicular explosion
with its billowing smoke clouds...
...the cloud of smoke
rising after its first explosion
formed into expanding round circles
like the opening of giant parasols...

..it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognisable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

Until the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, modern mankind could not imagine any weapon as horrible and devastating as those described in the ancient Indian texts. Yet they very accurately described the effects of an atomic explosion. Radioactive poisoning will make hair and nails fall out. Immersing oneself in water gives some respite, though it is not a cure.

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.

These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

While the skeletons have been carbon-dated to 2500 BC, we must keep in mind that carbon-dating involves measuring the amount of radiation left. When atomic explosions are involved, that makes then seem much younger.

Interestingly, Manhattan Project chief scientist Dr J. Robert Oppenheimer was known to be familiar with ancient Sanskrit literature. In an interview conducted after he watched the first atomic test, he quoted from the Bhagavad Gita: "'Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.' I suppose we all felt that way." When asked in an interview at Rochester University seven years after the Alamogordo nuclear test whether that was the first atomic bomb ever to be detonated, his reply was, "Well, yes, in modern history."

Ancient cities whose brick and stonewalls have literally been vitrified, that is, fused together, can be found in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places. There is no logical explanation for the vitrification of stone forts and cities, except from an atomic blast.

Another curious sign of an ancient nuclear war in India is a giant crater near Bombay. The nearly circular 2,154-metre-diameter Lonar crater, located 400 kilometres northeast of Bombay and aged at less than 50,000 years old, could be related to nuclear warfare of antiquity. No trace of any meteoric material, etc., has been found at the site or in the vicinity, and this is the world's only known "impact" crater in basalt. Indications of great shock (from a pressure exceeding 600,000 atmospheres) and intense, abrupt heat (indicated by basalt glass spherules) can be ascertained from the site.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Great Quote - but could we have the source ?

I have a copy of the text but some primary material would back it up

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"I think scientists have a hard admitting they may be wrong."
Of course they do, but every year new scientists come out that have more to gain by coming up with something new than by staying with the standard.

I like the theory of a more natural structural build up to technology, but I'm afraid I can't belive that.

"I am certian the Japanese didn't find any metal fragments from Little Boy and Fat Boy, but somehow... unexplained... there was a report of two nuclear explosions; the only "proof" I've seen of those devices is in books."
Were not talking about metal fragments from the weapons, were talking about the imense cities. There is no way a society can advance technicaly all the way to the atomic level without having the infrastructure of large complex industrial cities. Roads and bridge may need repairs to stay in use, but metals don't break down like wood and concrete. You may have only seen evidence in books, but if you had the means to go to Japan you will still see evidence of those cities.

"wasn't there an eccentric from Florida that build a stone home by himself, no machinery or equiptment (each stone weighing approx 15 tons)?"
You are refering to Coral Castle. One of my favorites. they have a website with its own forum, but it has pretty much gone to crap lately. Used to have some interesting stuff on antigravity theories on how he moved the stones. He claimed to have rediscovered the secrets of the egyptians.

I also love moderns English translations that we couldn't possibly have a clue about.
"Consider these verses from the ancient (6500 BC at the latest) Mahabharata: "
"like the opening of giant parasols"
"An iron thunderbolt"

How could someone prior to 6500 bc be writting about parasols and iron. India and everywhere else for that matter hadn't even gotten near the Iron age for another 4-5000 years.
Of course stories about the powers of the gods are extrodianry and comparable to nuclear power. You could use the same to say that Greeks must have know secret Tesla technology because Zeus could throw lightning bolts.

"If we were to "disappear" right now, all evidence of us being here would be gone in 100 years. " There are a lot of people in the landfill industry that wish that was true.

I like the part about stonehenge being a warning though, but I've never heard anything about it being on top of a uranium deposit.
I like all of namehere's stuff about India, I've read most of it before, but its always requotes on various web pages, I've never been able to find any original source for the documents, just a lot of people using copy past to make their own page. I would like if anyone could find the original language non-modified stories somewhere. I find the Vimna references most interesting.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but there is no physical evidence at all for the theory and I pesonaly dont belive in cover up conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I've always liked the theory that the sphinx was really 13,000 years old..

Yes, but it doesn't take an awful lot of scientific genius to carve a big lion (what it was prior to the pharoah's screwing with it)...

As has been mentioned, we aren't the only society...but, if you are trying to imply that there was another advanced society in our distant past (i.e. more advanced than Egyptians), then there simply isn't evidence for it... The more advanced a civilization is, the more marks it leaves behind. That is simple fact. We'd have found numerous evidence of this, had it been the case, excavating skyscrapers, finding gears, plastics, etc. and this just hasn't happened... Sure, there's the occassional oopart (out of place artifact), but no real traces of this supposedly advanced civilization...not to mention, the sheer unlikelihood of not even one survivor or preserver of such knowledge...to hand it down to others. While we've been here a while, you must also consider that we've grown and evolved during this time...even when examining written history.

Archeologists know that, in regards to ancient sites, cities are built atop cities atop towns, atop settlements, with layers of garbage in between. They also know that the deeper you dig, the more primative the structures and tools, so would it stand to reason that, once hitting a certian level of technology, that they would stop? "Oh, look, five levels down we come across the bronze age. Anything under that will just be dirt."
I honestly feel you have a good point, with where's the garbage, but I must just add this one thing: Are we digging deep enough? Or in the right areas?
All the "curiosities" are discovered in deep mine shafts, or within a farmer's plowed field. I'm not saying the colleges or governments should spend money to probe deeper, or over a wider area... that'd be impossible. But what I am trying to say is that, as a mind-set, archeologists will not allow the idea to dig for something advanced beneath something primitive.
Old legends and religions all atest to previous advanced beings and cultures. Would the kings/ chiefs waste the time of a few precious scribes to waste valuable writing materials on stories that could be easier spread by oral traditions? I believe the rulers had truths writing down, in the oral traditions and verbal usage of their cultures (ie, Ezikiel couldn't describe a flying saucer, but he could talk about a wheel within a wheel). There is truth behind every legend.
With a layer of sediment world-wide, and every culture and religious text talking about a great flood, we would have to dig deeper then that layer to find such advanced cultures, but where to dig? That above all should be the main question, and I believe I have the answer:
The Hymolaian (christ, is my spelling crap), Mountians were once beneath sea-level, Most of North America, too, was an ocean bed. If the tetonic plates were tilting, thus raising one level, then the other level would sink. We've already discovered structures and cities under water. What would we find if we were able to dig under those areas?
I am saying to look under the waters, because if there was a great flood, the survivors would flee to the mountian tops (explaining those cities and stone harbors). The native people of the Canary Islands are a good example of this: their legends talk of a time when they fled to the mountians to excape a flood, but as anyone with a map knows, the Canaries are but the tip of a great mountian chain.
Degeneration would occur, as would be natural; look at the riots and looting for an earthquake. With the power supplies destroyed, grocery stores gone, they would have to resort to hunting... "going primative". The adults would tell their children about their old lives, the children would tell their children about "In days past", and so on until it was the stuff of legends.
Anyway, the answers would be found beneath the waves. Anything found on land would be the degeneration of the advanced societies (with the exception of the few odd momentos carried by those who remembered).

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ahh..but...

The more advanced a civilization is, the more need for the written word. This is due to the specialization inherent in such a society. This level of detail, requires precise recording and maintenance of the same level of performance, to train the next generation. Therefore, the more advanced a civilization, the more it is concerned with providing records for future generations. Do you instead propose that somehow, man suddenly "forgot" all of a sudden, and that not a single record keeper from such a civilization survived? Moreover, artifacts of very ancient, but advanced cultures are easily seen (some even from space!, i.e. pyramids), so yes, I do find it unlikely, that another, more advanced society existed, because they would have left behind things we'd see easily today....and they wouldn't be in deep, deep layers...they'd be visible without even digging....

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It is my truth that there has been prior civilzations on Earth as many of us share this concept. You stated in your post that you
haven't seen material on this topic? Or am I miscontruing your phrasing of your truth? Atlantis, Mu whatever, from Von dannegut
to good 'ol Zecharia Sitchin, there has been extensive belief in the aeons and passing of ages. Who hasn't heard about, thought about or discussed the Mayan cosmogenesis of 2012? My query
or want for personal truth-be-known for personal interest is in regards to universal construction models for civilization. Is civilization based in rules or of parameters that follow some universal guideline? Which to clarify: A personal truth is that there is life elsewhere in the universe as we are generally in agreement now that given the immense nature of our cosmos plus our misguided notions on time and space, we would be hard pressed to support an argument of the latter.

So my query is: Does life throughtout the cosmos of a civilized nature follow similar paths as to say educational systems, faiths,
governmental constructs, empires, data storage, technology etc. and if there are universal consistencies as per civilization that, (we cannot define a personal truth without a self interpreted or accepted system or line of thought that works in formula)
follow an similar line of course as what we have evolved to understand? Who has any feed on this? One must though, I offer, factor the equation with consideration to morality and the communication levels/emotional levels that sentience offers. I think this theosophical consideration must be applied to notion with the awareness that one requires in their transfiguration to accomodate this. You have to step outside of your mind to see it entire. What I am trying to say is that I appreciate well thought out and appropriate responses as opposed to tongue lashing grounded in a nuisance as an ignorant would speak. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm not saying that there weren't ancient civilizations that could be considered advanced...but in answer to the original post...not ones capable of nuclear war, or the marvel of going from horse and buggy to rockets....

The civilizations just mentioned are grounded mostly in legend, and to be honest, seem more likely to be exaggerated tales of true places.

Take Atlantis for example... About the only evidence to it's existence is a tale by Solon, and later Plato. If you actually READ Plato's account, it makes it extremely clear that he is speaking of the continent of South America, and of a region in particular, called the Altiplano. You'll also see no mention of things like death rays, etc. in Plato's dialogue... As I mentioned, exaggeration.... I believe Atlantis existed, but that it was named as such by Homer, whereas we refer to them as Aztecs, Incas, Myans, etc. and their predecessors...

Likewise, other such civilizations, when their historical accounts are analyzed, point to nothing beyond the knowledge of the time, but simply of incredible efforts or building projects, etc. but certainly not major advancements such as combustion engines, or other modern devices or concepts... There simply is no evidence to these being used or even dreamt of, by these societies....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join