It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sooooo... Scooter Gets Fired Today, Right?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just checking.

BUSH THE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF SAID HE'D FIRE ANYONE FOR LEAKING, THAT NOBODY WAS INVOLVED...

Asked in June 2004 if he'd stand by his pledge to fire anyone found to have leaked, Bush replied "yes." [Bush Press Conference: Savannah, GA, 6/10/04]

When the White House was asked specifically whether Karl Rove, Elliot Abrams or Lewis Libby told any reporter that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said: "Those individuals -- I talked -- I spoke with those individuals, as I pointed out, and those individuals assured me they were not involved in this. And that's where it stands." [White House Briefing, 10/10/03]

"I don't know of anybody in my administration who leaked classified information. If somebody did leak classified information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate action." [Bush Remarks: Chicago, Illinois, 9/30/03]

"The President has set high standards, the highest of standards for people in his administration. He's made it very clear to people in his administration that he expects them to adhere to the highest standards of conduct. If anyone in this administration was involved in it, they would no longer be in this administration." [White House Briefing, 9/29/03]

BUSH THE CANDIDATE PROMISED TO UPHOLD THE HONOR AND INTEGRITY AT THE WHITE HOUSE...

"I will swear to uphold the laws of the land. But I will also swear to uphold the honor and the integrity of the office to which I have been elected, so help me God," said then-Governor George Bush [CNN, "Inside Politics," 8/11/00]

"Americans are tired of investigations and scandal, and the best way to get rid of them is to elect a new president who will bring a new administration, who will restore honor and dignity to the White House." [Then-Governor George Bush on CNN's "Burden of Proof," 9/15/00]

"Americans want to be assured that the next administration will bring honor and dignity to the White House." [Then-Governor George Bush on CNN's "Capital Gang," 8/13/00]

Then Rove?

Or was this just pillow talk baby? You know Bush loves ya. Why do you make him lie?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
He, as would any good cronie would do, will step down late this evening.
He would not want his shame to reflect negatively on his hero.
They normally wait until late Friday afternoons to make these statements so that there is time for the furor to die down over the weekend.

You really did not think that Rove (or god forbid!) Bush / Cheney would take the hit for this did you?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
As I thought

A source close to the White House told ABC News that Libby's "boxes are packed" and that he will resign from his post after the indictment. Papers containing information pertaining to the investigation will be made public this afternoon while Patrick Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor appointed to lead the investigation, will make remarks on the case at 2 p.m. ET.

www.abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well well well, so long legal system as we know it, now all that needs to happen to be found guilty is that a charge be leveled against you. Will Scooter be found guilty? Who cares, we already know he is, he was charged with the crime!

Hey RANT, you're a reptillian.

Charge leveled, guilt assumed. Nothing you can do to say otherwise, and I believe that ATS, as being a group dedicated to denying ignorance should remove anyone knowingly lying about their race from Modship. If they don't remove you, obviously they are all a bunch of hypocrites, because it's been proven that you're a reptillian.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is only the beginning.

NEXT!

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
well, it doesn't matter if he did leak it or not, the spin doctor's already got it into the republican voter's head that it's not a big deal anyway because their neighbour's knew she was cia before it came public. That and apparantly her husband was announcing it to their friends.

If i'm in the car w/ my husband and hannity's on I get wind of these things. Not to mention they already got my husband indocrtinated w/ their bs.
Makes me sick...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If they lied to a grand jury, they are guilty of perjury and should be fired and jailed. If not, they should be exhonerated. However, they should not be sentenced before they even have a trial. If Rove is guilty, I want him out of there; there is no excuse for perjury no matter which side of the political spectrum the individual is on.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm just wondering who else's bags are packed........does rove has his packed? how about chaney??

oh well, time will tell I guess....

ever notice that whenpolies get caught doing things that they shouldn't be doing, we really never do hear the whole story. we didn't with Iran-contra either, they just kind of swept it all under the carpet and nailed a few on charges like these......the real crimes that were committed, if any, never reallly hit the press.

I guess it wouldn't serve the national interest much to the public to know just how far the administration might have gone to persaude them to accept a lie...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What does "Scooter Libby" and Bill Clinton have in commmon?

They both lied to a grand jury.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Carseller that is a bad analogy.

Bill Clinton lied about something he never should have been asked.

Libby is obstructing justice in a case that completely destroys the CIA's integrity. Our allies are not happy that the Republicans are willing to give out names of operatives for politics. Our allies will think twice now before helping out in Covert intelligence.

This is much worse than it seems.

I think a better comparison would be "Scooter" and Oliver North. In ten years or so I won't be surprised to see Libby on Fox news, with a fat paycheck and a pardon for taking the bullet on this one.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
, Why would anyone be
to see Scooter take the fall for this Administration, after all he IS the low man on the four headed totum pole
. Bush sure as heck isn't going to let his "Rove brain" take the hit or his VP so that left Scooter.

This piece really cracks me up.

"The President has set high standards, the highest of standards for people in his administration. He's made it very clear to people in his administration that he expects them to adhere to the highest standards of conduct. If anyone in this administration was involved in it, they would no longer be in this administration." [White House Briefing, 9/29/03]

George W Bush has high standards ???? If the way he's been running our country and the lies that were told to bring about the war he started with Iraq , I'd hate to see what his "low standards" are,

[edit on 28-10-2005 by nanna_of_6]

[edit on 29-10-2005 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It really is amazing...It's turned out that Plame wasn't a covert agent when her identity was revealed by someone, so the case has changed to nailing people on perjury. That may sound familiar to many Republicans, but you have to remember, Clinton is the golden boy, he did no wrong. He never should have been asked about his character in a sexual harassment lawsuit because he was the president of the United States, and therefore above the law. He should have been permitted to lie under oath in said sexual harassment lawsuit trying to establish his character because that aspect of his character is a private matter. When some thing's personal, the law stipulates that you can lie about it under oath because you're embarrassed about it. There's no penalty for that. Obstruction of justice only applies for non-embarrassing legal cases.

That's why Clinton is innocent of committing perjury, while scooter is guilty because he was accused.

By the way, RANT still appears to be a moderator...

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I can understand why clinton lied.....facing hillary would be a bit frightening, don't ya think?? but, if plame wasn't covert and no crime was committed, why did libby lie?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I can understand why clinton lied.....facing hillary would be a bit frightening, don't ya think?? but, if plame wasn't covert and no crime was committed, why did libby lie?

Why, indeed. Therein lies the question, and why I believe we should withhold judgement, conviction and sentencing until we hear some of the evidence. From what I understand, Fitzgerald is trying to nail him because there is evidence there were conversations he had with reporters that Scooter didn't mention. So it's a lie of ommission. At the same time, though, there wasn't an attempt to stonewayy Fitz's investigation as there was with the Clinton administration. When he wanted documents, he got them, he didn't have to file injunctions, get warrants, then discover that those documents were mysteriously destroyed, as was the case with Nixon and Clinton.

So, if you're looking for a witch hunt, the public execution of some individuals because there's a suspicion, this is your bread and butter. If you're looking for justice, all we got yesterday is the name of a potential player. Wait, watch and learn. We will find out if Scooter lied, or if he didn't. As I mentioned, an accusation is not a conviction, and RANT is not a reptillian because I said so.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
or then.....

there is the posibility that crimes have been committed, and that the special prosecutor feels that the full revelation of them would harm the interests of the US, so he is using these charges to prosecute instead..
this is what happened I believe with Iran-Contra. more meaningful charges could have been brought up, implicating the president himself....but that would have harmed national interests too much.

wait an see...yup, how long did it take for us to find out who deepthroat was again?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

wait an see...yup, how long did it take for us to find out who deepthroat was again?

So...What's your point...We should assume guilt before the trial even begins?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
High standards, my derriere.
I call for the White House to have wheels, be made of tin, anchored properly of course in case of winds or tornadoes.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
my point being, that if there is any "guilt", we might never read what it really was, except of course on conspiracy sites such as this! ya know, national security, and nation interests and such.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

my point being, that if there is any "guilt", we might never read what it really was, except of course on conspiracy sites such as this! ya know, national security, and nation interests and such.
So...Do we assume guilt because people on a conspiracy site say they're guilty? Do we follow everything John Titor says because the MSM ignores him? Whose opinion is right? We have a potential coverup here. The crime orignially investigated wasn't a crime because Plame hadn't been a covert op for over 5 years. Therefore, it was not illegal to expose her. However, why was she exposed? Was it to get back at Joe Wilson, or was it because she got Joe Wilson his position in South Africa? That's where the conspiracy is. One side or the other is guilty. Diid Plame use her CIA connections and position to get her husband a job in South Africa, where he exacted a political agenda to try to take down George Bush? Did Dick Cheney, after Jow Wilson said Cheney sent him to S.A. have a vendetta and tell Scooter to destroy Wilson via Plame?

We don't know. There are many theories out there. Many sides to the same story. You're telling us we need to go to conspiracy sites to find out the full story. Conspiracy sites are saying multiple stories. How to we choose which story to believe when no evidence has been presented to the public yet? Do we go on our gut instinct? Our gut instinct will tell us that our ideology is correct while our opponents is not. So we will agree with people in our own political ideology. How, then, are we not political hacks?

Don't trust the things people tell you that you want to hear. Weigh the evidence, look into all sides, and come to a conclusion. I had said several months back that we would discover who the political hacks on this site are if a democratic president were elected. It turns out we are going to find out earlier. Scooter's accusation presents us with an opportunity to see who will stand with their political ideology no matter what, and who will be honest with themselves and take in all the facts. This will be interesting, this will be fun, and I suspect I'm going to be laughing a lot at both Republicans and Democrats.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
If they lied to a grand jury, they are guilty of perjury and should be fired and jailed. If not, they should be exhonerated. However, they should not be sentenced before they even have a trial. If Rove is guilty, I want him out of there; there is no excuse for perjury no matter which side of the political spectrum the individual is on.

Wait, there was no trial!?!? I've been working a lot, so I really haven't gotten time to catch the news lately. You know, I'm just a stupid blind "Bushy", but I just assumed that they would have a trial before convicting someone.

If they lied to a grand jury, they are guilty of perjury and should be fired and jailed.

Yeah, I agree. If someone lies like that, action should definitely be taken.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by Herman]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join