It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are demons.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by StefanParlow

I believe that I have had the direct experience of the Divine. I am not a philosophical materialist. I agree with what you are saying about the spiritual. I know what you are talking about.

But, I also think that when we are dealing with a phenomenon such as UFO's that has had so much political manipulation (CIA, military, NSA) then an extra dose of skepticism is in order. I would say the same about organized religion---that its political manipulations by Church and State lead me to an extra dose of skepticism.

I think we would agree that science too should be questioned. I have no problem with that. In fact, there is more proof of there being a JFK conspiracy than there is direct proof of String Theory. There is more reason to believe life many have evolved independently on Mars billions of years ago than there is necessarily reason to rule out kin selection. Yet, scientists privilege those theories that they accept even without much evidence because it fits their world view.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
reply to post by StefanParlow

I believe that I have had the direct experience of the Divine. I am not a philosophical materialist. I agree with what you are saying about the spiritual. I know what you are talking about.

But, I also think that when we are dealing with a phenomenon such as UFO's that has had so much political manipulation (CIA, military, NSA) then an extra dose of skepticism is in order. I would say the same about organized religion---that its political manipulations by Church and State lead me to an extra dose of skepticism.

I think we would agree that science too should be questioned. I have no problem with that. In fact, there is more proof of there being a JFK conspiracy than there is direct proof of String Theory. There is more reason to believe life many have evolved independently on Mars billions of years ago than there is necessarily reason to rule out kin selection. Yet, scientists privilege those theories that they accept even without much evidence because it fits their world view.

You are right. To be skeptical is always right. Especially in the "esoteric-field" there are many, many cheaters that are only interested in making money. Which is quite easy because it is difficult or almost impossible to prove that statements are lies.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join