It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights Reported From Las Vegas To SF California (With Pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
As reported there were numerous sighting of strange lights from las Vegas to the San Francisco Bay Area. Vendenberg denied any launches so it remains a bit of a mystery

Strange lights reported all across state

Residents across California and people as far east as Las Vegas reported seeing strange lights in the sky late Wednesday, according to Vandenberg Air Force Base on the central coast.

Base command staff at Vandenberg, Travis and Edwards Air Force Bases said there were no military aircraft in the sky that would have caused the lights. The Air Force bases also said there were no test missile launches Wednesday. Such tests have, in the past, resulted in light patterns that can be seen across the California coast.
What was it?

These pictures came with the story. I did not see the lights or take the pictures

Witness did report that the light mimics each others movements

[edit on 10/27/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Those lights are very strange.
I hope they find out what they are.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Those lights are very strange.
I hope they find out what they are.

I was looking at the first one and I swear the top one looks like it has A/C lights on it

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A/C lights??

These look pretty fascinating..
There have been more lights lately than I can ever remember.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Why can't anyone taking pictures of a UFO ever focus or hold their camera still?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The third picture from the top looks like jet planes but they are too bright for that.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
FredT - Right, those are aircraft lights on. Unless oofos abide ay FAA standards now. That could explain why there haven't been any crashes in 40 years.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't see anything here except a camera taking a picture at airplanes in the night sky. When you take a shot at one, it bends the light as these pictures do. Try it yourselves...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
Why can't anyone taking pictures of a UFO ever focus or hold their camera still?

I've been asking that for many, many years now. MILLIONS and MILLIONS of cameras and video cameras out there and nobody can take a clear,sharp close up of a "UFO". Thousands of news crews out there every night filming news and none of them can do it either. Thousands of amatuer astronomers out there every night and not one of them can either. Amazing isn't it?!

Hmmmmm....

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
No matter what it is, night photography isnt really simple. I would be happy if I could even get results like that with my crappy digital.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomastro

Originally posted by Mainer

I've been asking that for many, many years now. MILLIONS and MILLIONS of cameras and video cameras out there and nobody can take a clear,sharp close up of a "UFO". Thousands of news crews out there every night filming news and none of them can do it either. Thousands of amatuer astronomers out there every night and not one of them can either. Amazing isn't it?!

Hmmmmm....

ALIEN TO DO LIST

1 conquer gravity....check

2 fly many times the speed of light......check

3 Deceive the silly humans and their lighty shiny on paper

thingy........geez we just cant get that 1

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
the top pick is, without a doubt, a normal aircraft facing the camera with its landing light on. the anti-collision lights give it away. green on the left, red on the right.

as for the rest, who knows...pics arent very good.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Here in the Bay Area we have three large airports SFO, SJC & OAK plus numerous small airports. There is allways a plane in the sky.

People here know what a plane looks like!

This was out of the ordinary and strange enough that people called in to report it. In fact enough people called in that the local news media picked it up.

If this happened in some out of the way place that has few flyovers by aircraft I too would say that it was just a plane but that it not the case here.

I wish I had witnessed it

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The one in the very top photo does indeed look like a plane with its landing lights on. The red/green configuration with the bright white center light kinda gives it away.

The others, though, I dont know. Dulcimer is right, night photography is a real bitch. I found that out trying to take pics of all the raccoons that adopted our backyard.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There are 2 big bright lights in the center pic. If these were landing lights, would that be 2 planes with their landing lights on?

new topics

top topics

join