It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would aid Iran if it was Attacked either conventional or nuked?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
mrwupy, one of the most amazing quotes I have heard came from a nuclear scientist during a program on Nuclear Proliferation. He said, and I quote, “Wha’t will the world be like, when anybody, can kill everybody?”

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
mrwupy, one of the most amazing quotes I have heard came from a nuclear scientist during a program on Nuclear Proliferation. He said, and I quote, “Wha’t will the world be like, when anybody, can kill everybody?”

I would prefer the quote that is supposed to be attributed to Issac Asimov.
"I can't tell you what the weapons of World War III will be, but I can tell you the weapons of World War IV. Sticks and stones."

I thought when the USSR imploded the chances of a nuclear war dropped to almost zero. Now I see that I was wrong. Maybe there was something to be said for MAD.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

"I can't tell you what the weapons of World War III will be, but I can tell you the weapons of World War IV. Sticks and stones."

It was actually good old Albert Einstein

ALBERT EINSTEIN

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

adamhessnew.ad.funpic.org...

[edit on 31-10-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by WestPoint23

I thought when the USSR imploded the chances of a nuclear war dropped to almost zero. Now I see that I was wrong. Maybe there was something to be said for MAD.

Jim, you have a good point.
With the two super powers and their allies, wach made sure all the counties in their 1/2 of the world played nice-more or less.
A little battle her, small war there-but nothing that would threaten the whole world.
Now that Russia can't/won't control their half-yeah winning the cold war was a real boon to us.
The US can't control the whole wold a make sure they all still play nice and we are streching thin trying.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join