It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would aid Iran if it was Attacked either conventional or nuked?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Who would aid Iran if it was Attacked either conventional or nuked?

would Russia or China aid Iran? if they did it would escalate into ww3 would it not, or would they see that it would be waste time and stay out of the conflict as to not burn the world and all thats been accomplished.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Syria would invade Israel and Russia would support Syria. Syria and Iran both have a blood pact which means if one is attacked, but support eachother.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Because that will be the time we see something.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Military action will not be used against Iran, it would spark a bloody war in the middle east and world ward III.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Denied

Military action will not be used against Iran, it would spark a bloody war in the middle east and world ward III.

Even France is starting to back the U.S. on an aggressive stance.

People are finally coming terms with the truth.

I don't know what Allah is telling the leaders of Syria and Iran, but my Magic 8-Ball states "not good".

[edit on 27-10-2005 by crisko]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Russia has the same defensive obligations to Iran as the U.S. does taiwan. Russia probably wounldn't get involved militarily but they would definetly fund Iran and possibly syria.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Syria almost certainly.

Russia and China probably wouldn't intervene directly, but would probably take steps to aid Iran and Syria, likely providing them with material support (the Russians covertly, the Chinese overtly) in addition to diplomatic pressure.

But honestly I think it's all noise and posturing anyway.
A full scale war with Iran would be a tremendously costly endeavor, and is unlikely without greater provocation than a token nuke weapons program (estimated to be five years from producing a weapon) and some ridiculous rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Israel is not stupid, if the war is coming, you bet they will start it when they can win. Iran gets a nuke and all bets are off.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathabeanz
Russia has the same defensive obligations to Iran as the U.S. does taiwan. Russia probably wounldn't get involved militarily but they would definetly fund Iran and possibly syria.

Fund them??? With what??? Russia is practically broke! Russia, knowing what is best for them, their people and their economy, would probably raise a big ruckus in the UN and say some very mean things about the invading nation publicly, possibly even rattle some sabres and make empty threats... but I surmise that would be the extent of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Russia and China are attempting to actually create a Asian version of Nato, which pretty much shows that they would back, with financials, intel and equipment. Russia nad Chian are very good for each other.

To survive, sometimes your greatest enemy becomes your greatest friend...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well,
China has several hundred BILLION dollars worth of oil, natural gas and other energy contracts with Iran. I am sure they don't want that to change.

Russia has many large contrasts with Iran for building nuclear technology as well as energy contracts.

I have not heard any word from Pakistan or India. They are both nuclear powers that "could " become involved.

[edit on 10/27/2005 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I could see Iran militarily backing Syria, but I don’t see Syria doing the same. Syria is on the verge of collapse from within; they simply cannot support a war, regardless of any pacts or agreements.

But a more direct answer to the question: Nobody would help. At least not directly. I imagine they would receive support from Russia and maybe a neighbor two, but no direct combat help.

Iran is simply not worth the expense of war for anybody in a position to want to help. I don’t just mean the cost of the war itself, but the financial relations that one would lose with it.

The west equals more money than Iran does.

Iran would mostly be alone, and entirely alone in actual combat. Before the conquer of Iraq, I imagine Iraq would have helped, and maybe Syria back then when they had better numbers. But now nobody.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It depends on who invaded or attacked Iran, The US , Israel ??

If its the US I doubt Russia or China would get directly involved history already shows the US and Russia dont like to get into direct wars and much prefer proxy wars. The same would really go for China there is just too much for them to lose in direct combat with a Super power. Both of them would likely sell Iran as many weapons as they could buy.

Israel is a whole different story they are horrible outnumbered in that region. Fellow arab countries could easily rally against Israel if given a reason. This the why the US didnt want Israel to counter attack in the Gulf War when Saddam was shooting SCUDs at them. But they are the only nuclear armed nation in that region and always have the Samson option if it came down to it.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
India First tested a "peaceful nuclear explosive device" in May 1974, and claimed its nuclear programme was for peaceful purposes only. Two subsequent tests in May 1998. Estimates of its nuclear arsenal vary from 60 to 250 warheads. It's missile range is between 1,500 to 2,000 miles.

Pakistan Two tests in May 1998. As with India, no-one knows exactly how many warheads it has. It is thought to be somewhere between 10 and 15, but could be as many as 150. Missile range between 1,500 to 1,800 miles.

Israel Known to have nuclear weapons capability, but has never declared it or tested. It has an estimated arsenal of 100 warheads and a missile range of 940 miles.

So....its anybodies guess who will protect whom once the atoms fly over Iran, and mark my words one way or another this sucker will go nuclear. I feel it will because Iran will act as stupidily as it's president speaks.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12 12 2012
India First tested a "peaceful nuclear explosive device" in May 1974, and claimed its nuclear programme was for peaceful purposes only. Two subsequent tests in May 1998. Estimates of its nuclear arsenal vary from 60 to 250 warheads. It's missile range is between 1,500 to 2,000 miles.

Pakistan Two tests in May 1998. As with India, no-one knows exactly how many warheads it has. It is thought to be somewhere between 10 and 15, but could be as many as 150. Missile range between 1,500 to 1,800 miles.

Israel Known to have nuclear weapons capability, but has never declared it or tested. It has an estimated arsenal of 100 warheads and a missile range of 940 miles.

So....its anybodies guess who will protect whom once the atoms fly over Iran, and mark my words one way or another this sucker will go nuclear. I feel it will because Iran will act as stupidily as it's president speaks.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by 12 12 2012]

The only wild card in a war with Iran is Israel. I don't see India or Pakistan getting involved and China doesn't have the ability to project it's power that far. I see maybe an embargo by China against who ever is involved against Iran but I don't see direct action. I do not see an invasion of Iran but the possibility of limited airstrikes and maybe a blockade are possible. Syria may have no other choice than to throw in with Iran and attack Israel as a way of keeping the current power structure intact. If Israel gets backed into a corner then I see no way to keep it from going nuclear. The US may be forced to attack Iran and Syria to keep Israel out of it. Iran isn't helping their own cause with the retorec that they have been spouting off lately. Personally I'd just prefer to avoid the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
NO ONE

Why would anyone want to get their arses kicked over Iran? Seriously, you think Russia or China wants to get into a war with the US over Iran? They may have billions of dollars invested there, but they would lose MUCH more if they tried to help Iran.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Even if anyone waned to help them, they couldn't . Russia, China or Syria would never declare war on the United States publicly over Iran, for obvious reasons. Now, if the US launched a full invasion on Iran it would be a very short time before they fell. This would not leave a lot of time for Russia to smuggle weapons systems to Iran. The US would control the sky, the ocean, and we essentially control Iraq and Afghanistan. How is Russia or China going to smuggle all these weapons systems into Iran without the US noticing or destroying them?
Conclusion: Iran would be all alone.

However, I don't think this scenario will play out, the worst IMO that could happen to Iran is limited air strikes on its nuclear and missile sites.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by Nathabeanz

Fund them??? With what??? Russia is practically broke! Russia, knowing what is best for them, their people and their economy, would probably raise a big ruckus in the UN and say some very mean things about the invading nation publicly, possibly even rattle some sabres and make empty threats... but I surmise that would be the extent of it.

That's going to be our downfall one day...Never under estimate your enemy, much less Russia. If the U.S. is having such a hard time in Iraq, Imagine someone as Russian intervening...Yeh, think about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I know that there are those on the one side of the fence that still believes he was full of crap but he was “right” about the election debacles in both 2000 and 2004 and the war in Iraq. I hate being Chicken Little but c’mon folks, the sky is falling…

This is of course, not even mentioning the prophesies in revelations...scary stuff!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What I find scary is that nuclear technology is spreading and there really isn't allot that can be done to stop it. Several may be on the verge of becoming nuclear powers but you can bet ten times that many have black op programs towards that aim.

The nations that have long held nuclear bombs, such as Russia, China and the USA will probably never use them. It's the up and coming banana Republics that will end up in a war and unleashing the devastation.

If you think about it, they had a meltdown at Chernobyl and it didn't even involve an explosion (atleast not yet) and people half the world away were having to dump milk because the radiation levels were too high.

Even a small nuclear war between two non-super powers would still affect us all.

The world is getting scarier and scarier.

I'm still in no big hurry to leave it, but its still getting scarier and scarier.

Love and light,

Wupy

[edit on 27-10-2005 by mrwupy]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join