It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Leader Calls for Israel's Destruction - "wiped off the map" was the actual phrase…

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Oh boy. Iran can’t seem to let things settle a bit can it? Nearly every western nation has condemned Iran’s nuclear programs and is threatening action as a result, they openly support Hamas and Hezbollah, openly admit they want an Islamic dominated world, and now the President himself is calling for the utter destruction of an entire nation.

I suspect Iran selected the wrong person as a leader, or have some secret agenda yet to be revealed. Because one thing for certain is they are really asking for trouble…

Story here

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's hard-line president called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said a new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy the Jewish state, state-run media reported Wednesday.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also denounced attempts to recognize Israel or normalize relations with it.

"There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad told students Wednesday during a Tehran conference called "The World without Zionism."

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, any (Islamic leader) who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad said.

Ahmadinejad also repeated the words of the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who called for the destruction of Israel.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, who came to power in August.

Ahmadinejad referred to Israel's recent withdrawal from the Gaza Strip as a "trick," saying Gaza is part of the Palestinian territories and the withdrawal was meant to make Islamic states acknowledge Israel.

Tehran or bust…

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
A bit of sabre rattling to try and rouse the masses and distract them from a stagnant economy, poor living standards and general unrest in the cities over the hard line being taken following a few years of gradual reform.

No way is Iran actually going to attack Israel, no nation wishies to be blown off the map.

What makes you think Iran is any different?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
A bit of sabre rattling to try and rouse the masses and distract them from a stagnant economy, poor living standards and general unrest in the cities over the hard line being taken following a few years of gradual reform.

No way is Iran actually going to attack Israel, no nation wishies to be blown off the map.

What makes you think Iran is any different?

Good observations for certain. But thats quite a risky way to divert your followers attention from poor living standards and pay isnt it? Why threaten other nations that may or may not result in action against you to divert negative attention? Seems extreme.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It is extreme, but its also easy, when you dont have much money or a particularly sophisticaed media the best way to distract people is to shout about someone else.

Works in China, France and the USA so why not Iran?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is all hot air, a bit like when the Scots send the Tartan Army down to Wembley

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is a very dangerous game that Iran is playing, especially since Israel has already threatened to attack Iran if they should continue with their Nuclear plans.

Guess we will have to wait and see what type of response Israel fires back.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hey Blackbeard,

I agree that this is a very dangerous game Iran is playing, both for the US and for the region at large.

With the discussion over the legitimacy of US involvement in iraq gaining strength in the US, this could be used as a justification to keep troops there permanently, especially if the Iranian president continues with this kind of rhetoric.

I notice today that a suicide bomber has attacked within israel again; since there is a known connection between iran and anti-israeli terrorism, if these attacks increase in frequency, and the iranian president continues to make inflammatory remarks, then we could see a major escalation in tension in a region which is already pretty "tense".

I wonder if there is any connection between Condi Rice's accusations against Syria re the Harriri assassination, and the iranian presidents decision to make the statements he made?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The BBC today were reporting (from Theran) that whilst this was unpleasant it was nothing new and was wholly consistant with the standard rhetoric of the past 27yrs and Iranian Islamic revolutionary-speak.

There is, apparantly, a major rally to support the Palestinians this weekend in Iran and these comments were aimed at a domestic audience to whip up support for that rally and have to be seen in the light of this.

It obviously isn't nice and it isn't what anyone would call helpful language but to dress this up as some sort of new and radical departure or some sort of increased threat is really inaccurate and uncalled for too.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
This is all hot air, a bit like when the Scots send the Tartan Army down to Wembley

Or when england fans go to belfast

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree with him.

I think they should take Israel out. Blow those bastards off the map, I can agree with that. In fact, the Muslim countries should jump Israel and finish them fools off for good.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The 'muslims countries' did try that, and they got their teeth kicked in. They don't have the ability to force it back to the first borders, or stop if from expanding, so how are they gunna destroy it?

NR

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The 'muslims countries' did try that, and they got their teeth kicked in. They don't have the ability to force it back to the first borders, or stop if from expanding, so how are they gunna destroy it?

that was only Syria, and Egypt my freind. If its all muslim countrys with Iran than it be a whole different story. Not that i'm saying its a good thing....

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I agree with the general sense that this is more empty rhetoric for domestic political consumption. The Mullahs know their days are numbered if they dont distract the population somehow. Stirring up hysteria about foreign enemies is a time-honored means of doing this.

Of course it's all nonsense. Iran does not have the means to "wipe Israel off the map" and they know it. Their military is geared for domestic defense (and to some extent deterrence), not power projection. Even if they get nukes, should they use them against they should still expect a fatal retaliatory attack from the Israelis, who have not one nuke or a dozen, but hundreds.

Neither does Israel, alone, stand much chance of effectively attacking Iran, without going nuclear. And a "preemptive" nuclear attack would be strategic suicide for the Israelis. If they think they're isolated now...

[edit on 10/27/05 by xmotex]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Neither does Israel, alone, stand much chance of effectively attacking Iran, without going nuclear. And a "preemptive" nuclear attack would be strategic suicide for the Israelis. If they think they're isolated now...
[edit on 10/27/05 by xmotex]

I don't think that Israel would ever use nuclear weapons pre-emptively. It enjoys too much support from the US and some NATO nations to probably ever get to that point......

However, I wouldn't necessarily rule out limited military operations by Israel against any neighbor they feel is a direct, real threat to them. History has shown us that the Israelis have not been afraid to act boldly against their antagonists, despite negative world opinion. History has also shown us that the Israelis can pull off complex military operations far from their own borders, when necessary, against singular targets.

As far as Israel being "isolated", a quick review of the CIA World Factbook reveals:

Israeli total exports: 34 billion
Israeli total imports: 36 billion

compared to:

Egypt total exports: 11 billion
Egypt total imports: 19 billion
Jordan total exports: 3 billion
Jordan total imports: 7 billion
Syria total exports: 6 billion
Syria total imports: 5 billion

It seems to me that the trade economy of the tiny nation of Israel is outpacing the combined trade economies of it's nearest three neighbors, and then some. I would hardly refer to that as "isolated"......

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
A bit of sabre rattling....

I don't think that the terrorist that they elected rattles
his sabre. Considering his involvement in the hostage
crisis for America (444 days) ... he's capable and willing
to destroy his country to get what he wants.

My suggestion to all (if anyone cares) ...
don't underestimate his intentions.
He may not be able to carry them out,
but he WILL try. THAT is the problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
he can say it if he feels he can get away with it. we have known for a long time Iran's support for terrorist groups against Israel. so wats new? nothing much. maybe dis time it be nukes for the terrorist groups instead of small arms and money for support.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Interesting thread and any 'developments' with Israel gives me the willys. Israel is God's time clock and if anything big happens to her some interesting things are going to be happening quickly and on a HUGE scale. It's not easy mapping out (exactly) the end times as they are spelled out in the Bible but there are two prophecies of the Bible I'd like to point you guys too:

The first is in Ezekiel where the 'gog/magog invasion of Israel' is talked about:

You really need to read the entire book but this is the interesting part:

"Eze 32:11 For thus saith the Lord GOD; The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon thee.

Basically, God is telling the 'invaders' of israel that the sword of babylon will fall upon you. babylon is involved with the end times invasion of Israel and don't forget: the king of babylon at this time is the antichrist!!

(See the thread I created called "America's date with Destiny, is America babylon?)

Ok.. babylon is present and is involved when Israeil is invaded..... Let's fast foward to Revelations:

This is what Revelations says about what happens to babylon in the end right before Jesus arrives to put down the antichrist and the devil:

Re 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Interesting huh? The same babylon that helps put down the invasion of Israel is the SAME babylon that is "burned with fire" byt the "ten horns upon the beast" Creepy if you ask me.

Exactly what happens between the time when Israel is invaded and babylon is destroyed is a little more complicated (This all will happen quickly I imagine) but you guys get the gist of what I'm saying.

I don't like to go around and tell people that America is babylon of the end times spoken of in the Bible but when you really study it for yourself, it doesn't look pretty does it?

As far as this 'situation' with Iran and it's leader calling for Israeil's destruction? I really don't know what to think as far as what exactly is going to happen next but it does not bode well. I predict this situation 'in general' with Iran will slowly deteriorate further culminating in some 'sort' of millitary conflict. We 'got away' with afganistan and Iraq but any kind of military conflict with Iran or Syria will not be so easy and I believe will set off a horrifying chain of events which will NOT exclude Israel. Israel truly does hang in the balance.

My question right now is what REALLY is the nuclear status of Israel and her surrounding neighbors?? Does anyone in the 'mainstream' really know?

[edit on 27-10-2005 by TxSecret]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I believe you are right TXSecret. I also believe that we are now on an unstoppable path to our own destruction. There is just to much evidence to ignore now.

The politicians/church/media will ignore it as they will run scared of creating a panic but it's coming so if you are a Jewish or Christian believer. "REJOICE". Thats what we're supposed to do I believe.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yay!!!! Its the end of the world!!!!

Millions will die! Woo Hoo!

Iran will not do anything. they value their nation being covered in sand, not glass.

And taking hostages is one thing. Tactical nuclear annihilation is a totally different kettle of fish.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is saying it's the end of the world Uncle Joe but I would deffinitely keep your "eyes" open. One thing to keep in mind however is that it really only takes one nuke to start a worldwide conflagration. There are MANY mor nukes today in the world than there were back in the days of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Think about it.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by TxSecret]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join