It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaking cyclists and joggers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It really, really annoys me when im thrashing my car down some fast back roads on a sunny portuguese morning and i have to stop or crawl along at 3 mph because theres aload of cyclists or joggers 10 a breast in the flaming road!

what makes them act like they have some universal right to take up the whole road and give you evil looks as you finally get to overtake them (with copious amounts of wheel spin and clutch dumping) ?....pavements are for people and cyclists should ride in single file...unless..granted, they are overtaking!

I appreciate its a hobby and they have every write to participate in a public place but i dont go to the pub with my pals and all of us line up in the road outside with a pint blocking the flow of traffic...(except when United won the Trebble), nor when were on our motorcycles do we act like were auditioning for the remake of easy rider!

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
ok,ok,ok.....so youre all cyclists and joggers then......damn.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is an excellent rant. This is one of my pet peeves too. What really pisses me off is when there's a freakin' sidewalk there and they still ride their bike in the street. They know they're effing the traffic up all to hell but they still don't care.

Peace

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
DUDE!!...thank you.....yup.....im going to get some of those rotating spikes like from the chariot in 'Ben Hurr'..that should learn em!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here in the states a cyclist has the same rights and responsibilities as a car. Meaning we own the lane we are in, we have to obey all the same laws and traffic signals. Now when I'm riding on the road, I do stick as far as possible to the right hand side, but I don't have to. Of course I've had a few drivers get upset, but none of them had the nads to actually stop and say anything to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
survival of the biggest....might is right
heh heh
I too have to deal with bicycles on my street. This one monkey dressed like lance armstrong is chatting on his phone while taking up road space.
Luckily I was on my motorcycle and was able to downshift into a roaring backfire that must have filled his silly speedos as I passed. I wanted to slap it out of his hand as I went by, but alas, they have rights too.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here in Toronto cyclists cannot use the sidewalk they risk a fairly hefty fine if they meet up with a cop with an ax to grind

The Road is for VEHICLES. The Sidewalk is for PEDESTRIANS. That's my pet peeve, Byciclists driving all over the sidewalk like it was a 4 lane highway(and going too fast to boot)

I should have the right to shoot them on sight(with a Taser of course
)

Also another peeve I have is Cars who try to avoid slowing down for speed bumps by avoiding them (crappy design of speed bumps if that is even Possible IMO but anyway)

[edit on 24-10-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   

TextHere in the states a cyclist has the same rights and responsibilities as a car. Meaning we own the lane we are in, we have to obey all the same laws and traffic signals. Now when I'm riding on the road, I do stick as far as possible to the right hand side, but I don't have to. Of course I've had a few drivers get upset, but none of them had the nads to actually stop and say anything to me.

i'll do it...honestley i will, i will

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
wrong place

[edit on 10/25/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I honestly don't mind it if saaaay....it's like one dude/dudette biking/jogging down the road...

It's even better if they're in the biking lane - If the road has one that is...

But when it's one of those long, windy narrow roads....and you see a whole pack of boneheads going 5 mph up a hill....panting...wheezing...drifting all over the place....

:bash::bnghd:

I usually try my best not to be a complete ass and ignore the human-life factor...lol....but sometimes that tendency fades....

Use the bike trails people!! Why would anyone want to ride their bike down a road that's dangerous even for cars....:shk:

I enjoy biking myself....But when I go biking with a friend and they say something like "Hey! Let's ride down this road!"....No way jose....I'm not gonna be roadkill today!

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
double post!

[edit on 25-10-2005 by Herman]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'M a jogger, and my dad's a cyclist! What say you to us!?

Actually, I stay on the pavement and my dad rides alone...so no worries. Usually, when there's a biker in the road, I just give him a little bump. Not enough to necessarily send him flying, just enough to get him on his marry little way. Yeah, they usually get kinda mad, but I think it gets my point across and we both wind up happy in the end.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I get so irritated when I come to a stop sign, and I STOP but the bike rider just breezes right thru !!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I get so irritated when I come to a stop sign, and I STOP but the bike rider just breezes right thru !!!!!!!!

yeah...and when they get side swiped by an articulated lorry youve got all the do gooders saying..."well...technically he/she was a pedestrian with right of way"

i mean what the feck is that stupid law all about....? a pedestrian always has right of way...the second they step into the street....well...thats how it works in the UK anyway...and Portugal, infact Portuguese are the worst for it...thay totally refuse to look at the traffic when using a zebra crossing...they just walk out and then 'evil' you as you stamp on the brakes and come to a halt inches from disaster.....pfffff.

top topics

join