It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOOM 2 and Antichrist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Have you seen what's behind the wall in the last level?

The blonde guy behind it is the Antichrist.

Has anyone got a picture, i searched google but couldn't find it.

Anyone else finds similarities behind Doom motive and the soon to be state of the world?

those '___' munching programmers knew their #...

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hmmmm????

The only guy I remember being pictured behind a wall was John Romero (former ID software programmer)...

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Nobody gets in to see the programmer! Nobody, no how!!!

Pay no attention to the man behind the wall!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
yes yes, i heard some wacko say it was him... yea the "official" story yea

No, sorry not John Romero

By the way, another fact.

Remember DOOM 1, final world (inferno) and some levels in DOOM 2, had this redish bloodish background and theme? Well this is what The End state of the planet will look like. According to remote viewing

It's coming.

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by Freeman]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
But i have a question for you.

DOOM 1, first world, when you jump in that last teleport, what the hell is the meaning of that room full of monsters?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
ok, it is John Romero - for definite (his head on a spike) and if you play the sound backwards that is said when either the level starts or you enter the room (I can't remember which) it says "To win the game, you must beat me, John Romero" - he has since gone on to great heights creating "Daikatana", or was that "Direkatana"-what a terrible game... under the label of Ion Storm

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman

DOOM 1, first world, when you jump in that last teleport, what the hell is the meaning of that room full of monsters?

Maybe there's no meaning. It's just shooting and killing. Some violence exutoire for angry teenager. (Don't get me wrong, I love games)

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by infexious
ok, it is John Romero - for definite (his head on a spike) and if you play the sound backwards that is said when either the level starts or you enter the room (I can't remember which) it says "To win the game, you must beat me, John Romero" - he has since gone on to great heights creating "Daikatana", or was that "Direkatana"-what a terrible game... under the label of Ion Storm

this is the right answer. if anyone needs a link to back this up, I can dig one up. and really, if Id software knew anything about the apocalypse, wouldn't that kind of light a fire under their butts to release Doom 3 before the end of the world?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I wonder if windows xp's command prompt can run doom II??? I have the cdrom put up somewhere...

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman

The meaning ? Because the first level was designed to be a demo... they added this to make peoples who played the demo wanting buy the full game.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Nothing is a demo you silly kid. It wasn't "just" shooting and killing.

I personally seen demons in the astral that looked something like baron of hell. I heard it from many folks, closely associated with the team, they loved tripping. And sub story of the game is based on armageddon and what's to come.

As i meantioned "inferno" red theme is what the end days will look like. This "red sky" "bloody moon" etc can even be found in the bible.

But i guess its too much to comprehend by a few kids who only care about "shooting and killing"

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I wonder if windows xp's command prompt can run doom II??? I have the cdrom put up somewhere...

I tried it...totally bombed out...happens with lots of old games I have... Could probably tweak a little, and make it work, but at least for me, it hasn't worked right off the bat... I simply haven't had the time or inclination to work at it... I miss some of those games though...and there were some great multiplayer ones....(remember Duke Nukem 3D?) I used to love putting a hologram and a bomb on the elevator, and then sending it up, hehe....

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
on a related note, after daikatana, john romero is the antichrist.
God damn did that game suck ass.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Repeat after me.....

It's just a game....

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Repeat after me.....

It's just a game....

no, that wasn't just a game...

you're primary enemy was poorly drawn bugs and frogs?

I wanna know what kind of pure crack did doom 2 profits buy him?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I wanna know what kind of pure crack did doom 2 profits buy him?

Apparently....the good stuff...!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
your mind is a very active one...
do you frequently enter the silence...
or am i mistaken...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think Freeman is onto something here....

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
funny, that was my nickname in the military...
colonel did you get my u2u about that thread a couple of weeks ago...
and that interesting topic about euROPE...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I got it. I thought the htread was deleted b/c it was could be construed as being racist, my opinion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join