It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulitzer Prize Winning Photos from War in Iraq 2005

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This one must be up for an award eh. This is brilliant.....

(click image for larger picture)

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There was a time when I supported ousting Saddam, but since it has meant all the death and destruction that has come since, I have to question whether the people of Iraq are really better off now, under the occupation of the US, than with Saddam in charge.

And I haven't seen any evidence that Iraq has a free society. Would that be a good outsome? Yes, but I am not at all convinced that it will ever happen. They are not free. They are occupied by a foreign nation.

Besides, we supposedly went in there because of WMDs, to protect ourselves, not to free Iraqis. Only when there were no WMDs did the mission change to one of 'spreading freedom'.

The way I see it, Iraq is taking 1 step back now, to take two steps forward n the future.

After Saddam died, one of his sons would have taken over. That would have simply perpetuated the situation. Frankly, the only way they were going to have a chance at a free society was if a western nation/group of nations helped them.

I think the biggest problem was that this was not taken care of in GWI. Thats what needed to be done, with the whole world involved - especially the Muslim world. I remember seeing Muslim forces as leading the way (after the US took out the threats of course). This was a very good image to give the Muslim world.

Unfortunately though, this was not done, and Bush 1/the UN decided to 'let it go', and then the UN proceeded to not even inforce their own rules on Saddam (because of bribes). Of course the US was going to take him out after 9/11 - he was in violation of his terms of peace.

My thoughts are that in 2 or 3 decades Iraq will have emerged as the model for the middle east. It will be a rough road, but one that we must follow.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The dove one is photoshopped... No way it would just sit there.

Anyways, oh yes those poor Children, if America hadn't bombed the water treament plant they would have clean water to drink, if America hadn't bombed the power plant they would have had power, if America hadn't invaded and bombed 100,000 of them the insurgents wouldn't exist.

Right Wing Propaganda to me, althought the action figure one just shows you how young these men and women are.

Edit

BikerEddie, the original has a Dove, not yours. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit2 It's BikerEddie, no space, right?
[edit on 23-10-2005 by Full Metal]

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Full Metal]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My pictures aint photoshoped. They are what you see.
I posted them to make a statment in response to the original posters images.

What does make a picture worthy of an award?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Thanks again Soul for showing us what we are all fighting for: To stomp out the coward insurgent (read: terrorist) weasels who kill kids to further their twisted agendas.

i feel really VERY sorry for you.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
What does make a picture worthy of an award?

Hmmm...

Maybe because they were not taken by a Journalists, but by a Soldier?

It kind of EASIER if you are a Soldier to take Photos, then for a Journalist.

I am a Photographer and I can Imagine how hard it can be to make a Great Photo in the Middle of a Warzone - especially if you are on your own, and independant journalist, not embedded with US or other Coalition forces. I think the pictures that your Son made are good - but considering that he is a soldier, it was not so hard to make them. Journalists can not go everywhere that soldiers can.

Anyway, NONE of the pictures that received awards are Photoshopped!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by skippytjc
Soon these types of things will be a thing of the past. With the overwheling Iraqi/Coalition victory last week on the 13th crushing the terrorists and insurgents, the terrorists wont be able to kill and maim as many kids and civilians like before.

We all would Love to see the End of this War and the End of killing and dying. But sadly, your statement is just some fantasy delusion, which is most probably not going to become a reality. War in Iraq can not be Won. There will be everlasting Insurgency

Everlasting insurgency my ass. Eventually they'll be killed off or quit. No one lives forever and eventually situations stabilize.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join